Trip Report I must have WDW fever!? (completed)

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
DSC02693.JPG

We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
Wow great start of the TR! Love to see your pics of PORS :) We are staying in POFQ in Oct 2015 and PORS in Oct 2016 :) Thanks for sharing! And off course following along! Looking forward for the other parts of the TR!
You are going to love both PORS and POFQ! They are both so beautiful. I have some POFQ coming up in this report because our 2nd day we actually walked over there. Happy to see you are following along!

Great start! Reading along.
Thanks!

Hahaha this made my day! If you can get the doctor and insurance to cooperate, I think I'll develop a fever as well and attempt the same! In all seriousness, I hope you are feeling much better now :D
Maybe we could get a group discount!! Still have the fever but working on figuring it out. It hasn't been as high lately. It didn't stop me in Disney!

Those rooms are absolutely gorgeous, look forward to more of your TR!
They were beautiful! I loved my stay at Riverside. Thanks for following!

Great start! Can't wait to read more.
Thank you!

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 22nd continued

Once the bus pulled up we were on the way to the Magic Kingdom to see how much fun we could pack in before crashing. We were running close to being too late for Peter Pan FP+ but we were going to see. We didn't want to run down Main Street so we decide to take some time to enjoy it. We did, but l do remember my mom mentioning that I could take pictures later. Yes I could, but why not now and then some more later. :happy:
IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

I was so glad we were able to make it to see the castle in the daylight first. You can never have too many pictures of anything at WDW, especially Cinderella Castle. We made it to see our tour of Neverland with only a couple of minutes to spare. This is one of my favorites and I even almost named my dog Nana because of memories of this ride.
IMG_0401.JPG

We had a little bit of time until we needed to visit with the ghosts at the Haunted Mansion. We decided we would go in search for something to eat. I say that, but really there wasn't too much of a question of where. My mom has been talking of getting a pulled pork sandwich from Pecos Bills for a long time. It's one of her favorites. No problem for me!
IMG_0406.JPG

She went with her pulled pork with corn on the cob. I went with a bacon cheeseburger and fries. Yummy! They didn't have the hot cheese like I usually dip my fries in. I asked at the counter and they weren't handing any out either. Oh well, still good.
IMG_0408.JPG

DSC02142.JPG

We were hungry and everything tasted really good!

The Haunted Mansion was next and we were right on time. I love the theming of this ride and the newish addition of the ghosts at the end is fun.
IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

Last edited:

FlaggNL

You are going to love both PORS and POFQ! They are both so beautiful. I have some POFQ coming up in this report because our 2nd day we actually walked over there. Happy to see you are following along!

Everybody is full about this resorts! A lot of people told us that it is absolutely one of the best to stay. Not that crowded, small resort, nice pools, great that you can take the boat to DS and everything within the resort is easy to walk :) Can't wait for the next 94 nights to be over :) Great that you also took some pictures of POFQ :) Can't wait to see them! Looking forward for the rest of the TR! :)

sheriffwoody

Great report! I am like you, the ONLY bad thing about going to WDW is leaving the pup behind. I miss him so much when we go. I also love the Riverside pictures! Brings back fond memories :) Looking forward to reading the rest, and glad to hear you felt great during the trip.

disneypearl

Original Poster
Everybody is full about this resorts! A lot of people told us that it is absolutely one of the best to stay. Not that crowded, small resort, nice pools, great that you can take the boat to DS and everything within the resort is easy to walk :) Can't wait for the next 94 nights to be over :) Great that you also took some pictures of POFQ :) Can't wait to see them! Looking forward for the rest of the TR! :)
94 days is great! It's close enough to feel it coming. I read your last trip report and really enjoyed it. Hopefully you will write another one after your next trip is over.

Great report! I am like you, the ONLY bad thing about going to WDW is leaving the pup behind. I miss him so much when we go. I also love the Riverside pictures! Brings back fond memories :) Looking forward to reading the rest, and glad to hear you felt great during the trip.
I missed her the entire trip. They now have some pet items for sale at the parks. I ended up getting her a Minnie bow to wear. It has to be stretched out though for it to fit her comfortably. I wish I would have gotten her a bowl they were selling but for some reason never did.

Great report! but you are making me sick......I have to wait until December for our trip. We stayed at POR on our last visit, loved it, as long as you can catch the first bus....
It's making me homesick to see the pictures of it too! I wish I had another trip planned because that would help. December will be here before you know it.

Hot cheese has been discontinued. There is a whole thread about it :joyfull:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-is-getting-rid-of-hot-cheese.900230/
Oh, I've read that thread about it. ;) It was an entertaining read. I was hoping that if you ask they would give some to you at the counter. I did think about that thread when asking. :D

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 22 continued

We walked by It's A Small World and noticed it had a short wait. We decided to take a cruise and got in line. We were happy to get the front seat in the boat. Always nice to have a good view. The Netherlands section is always a favorite because it reminds me of my grandma.
DSC02154.JPG

DSC02157.JPG

Prince Charming Regal Carrousel was our next stop. I love the scene in Saving Mr. Banks where Walt says, "Get on the horse Pamela." My mom and I each remembered that scene at the same time and it made us laugh.
IMG_0434.JPG

It was time to go and use our last Fastpass of the day on Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I normally wouldn't use one on this but because we arrived so late on the day it seemed like a good idea. I'm so glad that we did! It was so nice to not have to cut our ride time short to get a good spot.
Celebrate the Magic & Wishes is perfect way to celebrate being the first night of your trip at WDW.
IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

Tinkerbell! :D
IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 22 continued

We thought about what to do next and Tomorrowland was probably the easiest place to walk to. We were starting to feel tired, because of the lack of sleep, so a relaxing ride on the TTA was going to be our last ride of the night.
IMG_0471.JPG

On the way out we walked through the Emporium. We say it is because it's a shortcut, but really it's to get a quick look at future souvenirs. ;)
IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

One funny thing is that we left Riverside in such a hurry to get to the Magic Kingdom that neither one of us paid attention to what bus stop we were. Oops. It was really too dark out to see where the bus was stopping at. We just got off and hoped for the best. It was the wrong stop and we ended up at Alligator Bayou. I didn't mind but my mom wasn't too excited. She isn't a fan of the idea of an alligator sneaking up on her in the bushes and the name Alligator Bayou didn't help. It being dark and us being tired and lost didn't help, but it did make me laugh. :joyfull: We ended up finding our way back and safe and sound. We got back before midnight so we figured we would get our Rapid Refill mugs. I picked green while my mom chose purple.
IMG_0499.JPG

My moms said that her refills would expire on July 7 (2 weeks), while mine said July 21st. That would be 4 weeks! I could still be using my mug! So maybe green is the right color to pick, or maybe I just got lucky.
IMG_0506.JPG

I loved how Riverside had Caffeine Free Diet Coke. We sat and enjoyed our drinks and then filled our mugs with water to bring back to our room.
IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

Last edited:

FlaggNL

94 days is great! It's close enough to feel it coming. I read your last trip report and really enjoyed it. Hopefully you will write another one after your next trip is over.

yeah it's close enough to feel it :) Although a lot of people here are going on their summer holidays and we have to wait for October :) And absolutely there will be a TR after the trip :) Off course there is a PTR :)

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 23

We woke up to our first full day of being at WDW this trip. Neither one of us got as much sleep as we would have liked but that's was alright. Disney adrenaline keeps a person going. Anyway, we were ready for the day to begin. This day was going to be a little different because we decided to take in Riverside and French Quarter for awhile then hit Disney Springs/Downtown Disney. After that we would be going to Disney Hollywood Studios.

We had packed along breakfast foods but chose to have breakfast at the Riverside Mill. We took our time getting ready and then headed over to enjoy some good food.
IMG_0535.JPG

I went straight for the Mickey waffles. I have no idea of the ingredients but they must add something special to these. So good! My mom decided on the Breakfast Platter. She said that everything was delicious as well.
IMG_0540.JPG

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02236.JPG

We then slowly walked off breakfast by walking some of the resort and taking in the sights. Riverside is truly a beautiful place to stay.
IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

It was already getting pretty hot so we called our walk good and headed back to the room to get ready for the pool.
IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

We loved this pool. It was fun to go under the water that pours out and just have a good time. My mom did the waterslide once and liked the speed and theming of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom