I made it into Pirates 3!!!!

wbboy29

Original Poster
I originally put this in another thread but realized it would be better here.

Well, I went and saw the film last night. First off, this is a GREAT MOVIE!!!! Probably my favorite, and no I'm not just being biased, haha. Anyway, I MADE IT INTO THE FILM!!!!! AAAHHH!!!!! I'm in there about 6 or 7 times!!!! But they are all really quick. Honestly unless I was sitting right next to you and said, "that's me right there," you would never have seen me. I can try to explain a couple of them but it would take some major spoilers. So unless you've already seen the movie, or don't care if I spoil some scenes for you (one of them is a pretty BIG plot point for one of the characters), don't read any further..............

Are you still there?

Ok, so the first one you can see me in is

1. Will Turner is trying to lead the EITC in a particular direction by leaving a kind of trail of bread crumbs. The crumbs are actually the dead bodies of EITC soldiers. He is tying them to barrels and dumping them in the ocean. Anyway, back on the Endeavor (the EITC ship) there is a shot of the bodies being piled up as Davey Jones walks past them toward the door to the Cutler Becketts captain office. At the front of the door there are 2 soldeirs guarding the entrance with their guns crossed. As Davey walks past the bodies and toward the door the soldiers uncross their guns and let Davey pass. I am the soldier on the left.

2 & 3. Toward the end of the film Tia Dalma is tied up in ropes and about to transformed into Calypso, the goddess of the sea. There is a quick shot of my face (when I'm a pirate) looking through the other pirates, as Barbosa is trying to recite an incantation. The other quick shot is once Tia Dalma / Calypso starts to grow into a HUGE 50 woman (it's not as stupid as it sounds). There is a shot of a group of pirates backing up in fear. I am the pirate who is looking over his shoulder and trying to climb up the rigging to get away.

Well those are the ones I can try to explain. The others are so quick, or I'm in the background and out of focus, that I would really have to be sitting next to you to point myself out. I originally had about 3-4 close up shots. But unfortunately they didn't make it into the final film. Maybe the DVD will have deleted or extended scenes that I might be in. That would be cool. Anyways, I'm still totally stoked that I made it in, AAAHHH!!!! Haha, it's so unbelievable to me. :sohappy:

Norm

radiohost

Wow, thats realy cool!!!

So how did you become an extra in the first place?

And, where do we sign up!!!! lol

Radiohost:cool:

wbboy29

Original Poster
Wow, thats realy cool!!!

So how did you become an extra in the first place?

And, where do we sign up!!!! lol

There was an open call back in November of 2005, in downtown Orlando. So I just happened to have the day off work, and went down. I filled out their application and gave them my headshot. There were thousands of guys there, I never thought I had a shot. I don't exactly have that military or pirate look about me. I mean there were guys in line that were 6ft tall, muscular, and kinda had that military look. I on the other hand am a 5'8" skinny guy, who had never done anything close to military in my life. And I told them that too, haha. They said if we were chosen we would here form them sometime in December.

Well I honestly kinda forgot about it, plus I never heard from them in Dec. Then out of the blue around the second week of Jan '06 I received a call from one of the casting directors offering me a role in the film, as an EITC British Soldier. WHAT!!!! Are they kidding!!! I was so stoked, I was freakin out, and I got the news while I was driving down the highway, not the safest thing to do, haha. She asked in I could be in the Bahamas in just 8 days. Umm, let me think...........YES!!!! My work managers were great. They were so excited for me. They let me take a leave of absence on such short notice with no hassle at all. So from Jan 15th-March 2nd 2006, I got to live in the Bahamas for 6 weeks while I worked on the film. Plus it was all expenses paid. Flight, hotel, food, everything was completely taken care of during the entire 6 weeks!!!

It was such an incredible experience. If you saw the special features on the DVD for part 2, they talked a lot about the water tank they built in Grand Bahama. That's where I worked everyday. I got to meet and work with the entire cast (Jonny, Orlando, Keira, Jeffery Rush, Bill Nighe, everyone). Jonny and Bill Nighe were the 2 nicest people on set. I was so shocked at how cool and personable they were, especially for being such HUGE stars. They literally went out of there way to talk to everyone, even the extras, which I thought was really cool. The soldier scene I talked about above, where I was guarding the door, as Davey Jones walked up. Well after we shot that shot about 5-6 times. Bill (Davey) actually came up to me and my friend Patrick (the other soldier at the door) and thank us for our dedication and energy. He just stood there and talked to us for like 5mins, and shook our hands. He didn't have to do that, but it was things like that, that made him and Jonny so cool.

Well, anyways I think I made this post waaaay to long, haha. So I'll just close it here. I have so many stories from the set. The entire experience was such a once in a lifetime opportunity I will never forget..........well actually.......hopefully it won't be a once in a lifetime opportunity, haha.:animwink:

Thanks for reading:wave:

wbboy29

Original Poster
Oh and I have some photos of me on set in the Bahamas, and in all my costumes. They are in my Photo album here and there are a few more in my photo albums on my myspace page. Feel free to click the links below to check them out :) .

Nicole220

There was an open call back in November of 2005, in downtown Orlando. So I just happened to have the day off work, and went down. I filled out their application and gave them my headshot. There were thousands of guys there, I never thought I had a shot. I don't exactly have that military or pirate look about me. I mean there were guys in line that were 6ft tall, muscular, and kinda had that military look. I on the other hand am a 5'8" skinny guy, who had never done anything close to military in my life. And I told them that too, haha. They said if we were chosen we would here form them sometime in December.

Well I honestly kinda forgot about it, plus I never heard from them in Dec. Then out of the blue around the second week of Jan '06 I received a call from one of the casting directors offering me a role in the film, as an EITC British Soldier. WHAT!!!! Are they kidding!!! I was so stoked, I was freakin out, and I got the news while I was driving down the highway, not the safest thing to do, haha. She asked in I could be in the Bahamas in just 8 days. Umm, let me think...........YES!!!! My work managers were great. They were so excited for me. They let me take a leave of absence on such short notice with no hassle at all. So from Jan 15th-March 2nd 2006, I got to live in the Bahamas for 6 weeks while I worked on the film. Plus it was all expenses paid. Flight, hotel, food, everything was completely taken care of during the entire 6 weeks!!!

It was such an incredible experience. If you saw the special features on the DVD for part 2, they talked a lot about the water tank they built in Grand Bahama. That's where I worked everyday. I got to meet and work with the entire cast (Jonny, Orlando, Keira, Jeffery Rush, Bill Nighe, everyone). Jonny and Bill Nighe were the 2 nicest people on set. I was so shocked at how cool and personable they were, especially for being such HUGE stars. They literally went out of there way to talk to everyone, even the extras, which I thought was really cool. The soldier scene I talked about above, where I was guarding the door, as Davey Jones walked up. Well after we shot that shot about 5-6 times. Bill (Davey) actually came up to me and my friend Patrick (the other soldier at the door) and thank us for our dedication and energy. He just stood there and talked to us for like 5mins, and shook our hands. He didn't have to do that, but it was things like that, that made him and Jonny so cool.

Well, anyways I think I made this post waaaay to long, haha. So I'll just close it here. I have so many stories from the set. The entire experience was such a once in a lifetime opportunity I will never forget..........well actually.......hopefully it won't be a once in a lifetime opportunity, haha.:animwink:

Thanks for reading:wave:
:eek: How cool!! You're so lucky! Thanks for sharing! :wave:

disneypearl

That is so cool! Thanks for telling us how nice it was to work with Johnny and Bill. That is such a wonderful opportunity that you had! Congrats!

radiohost

Ok, so last night I went back and watched the movie for a second time with my family. I looked to see you during the barbossa/body piling scene (hey, thats what Im calling it:D ) and I DEFINATLEY SAW YOU!!!!!!

You did great, for a british soldier that is. lol

Oh, and when tia is becoming the attack of the 50 foot sea goodess, I looked for you climbing on the ropes, I think I saw you but there was another extra doing the same thing I think.

It was neat to see you in the picture. This isnt the first time I have looked out for someone who is an extra in the pirates movies. In the first film at the beginning in the scene where Will Turner is giving the sword to Governor Swann, the guy in black who is holding the sword case is a guy my mom graduated high school with. Neat aye!!

wbboy29

Original Poster
Ok, so last night I went back and watched the movie for a second time with my family. I looked to see you during the barbossa/body piling scene (hey, thats what Im calling it:D ) and I DEFINATLEY SAW YOU!!!!!!

You did great, for a british soldier that is. lol

Oh, and when tia is becoming the attack of the 50 foot sea goodess, I looked for you climbing on the ropes, I think I saw you but there was another extra doing the same thing I think.

It was neat to see you in the picture. This isnt the first time I have looked out for someone who is an extra in the pirates movies. In the first film at the beginning in the scene where Will Turner is giving the sword to Governor Swann, the guy in black who is holding the sword case is a guy my mom graduated high school with. Neat aye!!

Haha, that's awesome!!! Yeah it's easier to see me in the "Body Pile" scene than it is in the "50ft woman" scene. I need to go back and see it again. I kinda missed a few things. I was so focused on trying to find me and my friends, that I missed what was actually happening in the foreground, haha. Thanks for looking out for me, :D

hoppypooh

I read this thread before seeing the movie, so I was on the lookout for you based on your pictures... and I saw you! Wow! Congratulations! What an exciting adventure!

LouDisney

How exciting!! I am so happy for you. I want to go see it again and I will look for you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and your pics are great!!!

MiRi

I will definitely look for you next time I see the movie.

I am sure it was an awesome experience to meet the stars of the film. Congrats!

I also sent you a friend request on MySpace.

imagineer boy

I think I saw you too. Were you the one pirate the camera showed after it showed Marty yelling "They're turning away!" or something like that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom