I have a few questions please......?

AndyS2992

But not to be a pain, for kids it's bit of fun that adds to the memories!
Yes but it is illegal to buy/trade counterfeit products. Just buy real pins, they aren't that expensive and you have official merchandise.

If you're not going to do pin trading right then don't do it all.

HolleBolleGijs

Yes but it is illegal to buy/trade counterfeit products. Just buy real pins, they aren't that expensive and you have official merchandise.

If you're not going to do pin trading right then don't do it all.

I personally don't see anything wrong with trading a scrapper for a scrapper, if you got it from a CM in the first place. Plus for me (and I know I'm not alone on this), I love getting unique pins that I think are cool, ones that you can't buy. I LOVE the fastpass and A-E ticket pins, but you can tell that some of mine are fake. I don't really care, because those are my favorite pins.

I would personally not buy in bulk on ebay though. If I need pins specifically for trading, I buy one of the sets of smaller pins so that the price per pin is less.

emma c

Original Poster
Surely you could just say no I'm sorry I won't trade that pin it's worth blah blah but thank you?

AndyS2992

Surely you could just say no I'm sorry I won't trade that pin it's worth blah blah but thank you?
No because you shouldn't be trading fake pins to begin with! :facepalm:

I find it quite frustrating how you are being totally ignorant to the fact you are doing something completely illegal by handling counterfeit goods and it is against pin trading AND Disney park rules and you think it is fine :banghead: Just stop.

Pin traders will have no problem reporting you to CMs or Security and you will have your pins confiscated and you will be removed from the park. I'm sure the embarrassment and hassle is not worth it. Not like Pin trading is compulsory anyway. People like you are ruining it for everyone and if abuse keeps going on Disney will remove the program entirely and no one will have pins.

Put it this way, what if you were a shop owner and someone came in and bought a load of expensive stuff from you and paid with counterfeit cash, unbeknownst to you. You would be happy to begin with but when you tried to do buy stuff with that money or cash it in the bank and were then told you can't because it is fake, you would not be pleased since you have just made a huge loss on the stolen products from your shop and you are left with a wad of useless illegal paper. I'm sure you would be pretty upset. Now turn that same scenario in to pins by someone trading real pins and being given fakes in return. It is a con and is essentially robbery so don't do it.

So if you can't afford to do it right then don't do it at all.

Thank you.

Last edited:

emma c

Original Poster
Er excuse me but I DID not say I agree with illegal pin trading or selling of illegal goods, my point is that if you a person who takes this seriously then should be able to tell the difference between real and fake and therefore be able to politely say no to the trade! Or perhaps point out to the person that their pin is illegal so they know not to trade as well. Not everyone knows the difference and helpful kind advice is usually much appreciate especially if stops a child being refused a trade and becoming upset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom