I had the best wine ever at Epcot-what was it?

agent86

If you like dessert wines you might want to try Inniskillin. They make an icewine. It is actually Canadian. It is a little pricey but good.

Yep, very good stuff! Icewine is the best dessert wine of them all IMHO. Of course they are pricey because of the process they go through to make it, and the small yield of juice as a result. But I've yet to drink an icewine that wasn't well worth the price.

yankspy

As others have pointed out, restaurants mark up wine by quite a bit. And as another poster said, add a few additional bucks because it's Disney. Because of this, it shouldn't be TOO surprising that you found that same wine for $12. That's why I was wondering why you thought it couldn't be the same stuff.

As a little tidbit of wine trivia (I'm a huge wine buff in addition to being a huge Disney buff), different wines are marked up differently by restaurants (i.e. they are not all marked up by the same percentage). As a general rule, the wine that is usually marked up the most is the one that is listed on the menu as the second cheapest. This is based on the fact that most people who don't know much about wine will usually order the second cheapest one on the menu. This is because people don't usually want to appear "cheap" by ordering the very cheapest one. But they tend to think they are still paying a relatively fair price if they go with the second cheapest one. Restaurants know this, so they often mark that one up the most.

Absolutely. These are also the wines that are often known as "House wines".

noname70

Original Poster
As a general rule, the wine that is usually marked up the most is the one that is listed on the menu as the second cheapest. This is based on the fact that most people who don't know much about wine will usually order the second cheapest one on the menu. This is because people don't usually want to appear "cheap" by ordering the very cheapest one...

Wow

danpam1024

I have the opposite problem. When I drink my Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine out of a glass at a restaruant, it never tastes quite the same as when out of the paper cup at home ...... :D

-dave

:lol: Haven't had that since high school, straight out of the bottle...who needs a cup when you have a really long straw :lol:. Boone's Farm:hurl:, fond memories!

noname70

Original Poster
Just found the Willm Pinot Blanc in a local store.
It is 2005 however, not 2004. Should this make a difference? I will let you know if it was just the "atmosphere" of the Bistro when we drink it this weekend. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom