I FINALLY made it to WDW (for the 1st-time EVER!!!!!) :D

KentB3

Original Poster
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I am now at WDW, on my very first trip there, and am having the TIME of my LIFE!!!!! :D :wave: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I arrived Saturday afternoon after spending one night in Savannah, GA on the way. This was also my 1st trip inside Georgia as well as Florida, and Savannah is a beautiful city! Didn't have time to do much in Savannah, except for some sightseeing and dinner at Lady & Sons restaurant. http://www.ladyandsons.com This restaurant is run by Paula Deen from Food Network. Though hard to believe, getting PS for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table was a piece of cake compared to getting a dinner reservation at Lady & Sons!!!!! :eek: There, you have to get in line (that spans the entire block!) outside the restaurant about 4 hours in advance, then come back about 20 minutes before your dinner reservation to get seated.

We arrived at WDW about 3:30pm Saturday (my parents and myself), but my room at Coronado Springs wasn't avaliable until a little after 5pm (running over an hour late). Since we were running late, we went to the Magic Kingdom for a little while, to eat at Pinocchio's Village Haus and watch Spectromagic (which is INCREDIBLE, with all the lights and floats!), we then went back to the hotel room for a good night's rest.

Sunday we has PS at Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:50am. Cinderella was in the lobby greeting guests, who were in line for a meet & greet session and a picture. I had a great time with Cindy, and she pointed out the Christmas tree in the lobby, which she said she helped decorate with Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother. After that, we went upstairs to the dining hall. The breakfast was absolutely delicious! Inside the dining hall were Belle, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Snow White, and Mary Poppins. Snow White was so adorable, and even posed for 3 pictures (2 of herself and 1 with me)! There were lots of little girls in princess dresses there, and even noticed 3 boys dressed as princes; 2 as Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty and 1 as Prince Charming from Cinderella.

After breakfast we went to Disney-MGM, where ABC Soap Weekend was being held. Disney-MGM was horribly crowded, and the layout is almost like a maze! Unfortunately, all the Fastpasses for autograph/greet sessions with the soap stars were gone by then (sold out in about 20 minutes after the park opened!), but we did get to see an entire interview with Susan Lucci in the park's hub behind the Fantasia hat. She rode in and out of the interview stage in a convertable with Minnie; just a little over an armslength from where we were standing! We then went to MuppetVision 3-D, The Great Movie Ride, and Star Tours before out 5:35pm PS at Sci-Fi Theatre. This is one of the coolest places to eat there, especially with the 1950's movie clips on the movie screen! After dinner, there was a grand finale for ABC soap weekend, with the stars arriving in cars with characters to the stage. Heather Tom (Kelly on One Life to Life, and former Victoria on The Young and the Restless) was absolutely beautiful in person (as she rode by), and rode with Chip. After the grand finale for ABC Soap Weekend, we watched Fantasmic (which was absolutely mind-blowing!), and went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and The Magic of Disney Animation afterward.

The next morning started with breakfast at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. Mary Poppins was in the lobby greeting guests (in her red outfit instead of the white outfit she wore at CRT), but we stopped by her on the way out since we were running late. Inside the dining hall were Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger. We had a nice conversation with Alice about going to EPCOT after breakfast, and she was so sweet and so adorable! The Mad Hatter was nearly as wild as he was in the movie, and noticed that I had tea with my breakfast (his favorite beverage!), but after noticing I was driking iced tea he suggested that someday I try hot tea, which was "much better" in his opinion! Tigger even gave my mom a kiss when he showed up!

Pooh was adorable, and Mary Poppins was outstanding, though VERY talkative! She even asked if I could say Supercalafragilisticexpialadocious backwards. I answered I wasn't quite sure and she resposnded, "It's Suoicodalaipxecitsiligarfalacrepus, but isn't that going to far?" I responded with "WAY too far!" :lol:

It's running pretty late now, and I need to hit the sack since I am planning to show up in the Magic Kingdom tomorrow by the time it opens at 9:00am. To make a long story short, Monday we went to EPCOT and saw Spaceship Earth (one of the coolest rides in all of WDW!), Innoventions, all of the Earth's attractions except for Soarin' (which we probably will see Thursday, along with World Showcase), and had lunch at Coral Reef, with a seat by huge aquarium tank! The food there was out of this world, and we had a great waiter named Alejandro. Today we went to Animal Kingdom, where we had breakfast at Donald's Breakfastosarus (Restaurantosarus) and dinner at Rainforest Cafe. I'll get into more details about yesterday and today in a reply to this post, sometime later when I have more time. :)

The_CEO

I'm so excited for you Kent! This TR made me so happy! Wonderful to hear you thought pooh was adorable and I hope you enjoy tomorrow!

Justin

Tramp

...having a good time!

The next time someone wants to know if Disney still has the "magic," they need to ask Kent. :wave:

It's always great to read reports from a first-timer.

CAPTAIN HOOK

KentB3 said:
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I am now at WDW, on my very first trip there, and am having the TIME of my LIFE!!!!! :D :wave: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Very pleased to hear it - do keep the updates coming

tigsmom

Nice to hear that you finally made it to WDW! Sound like you are having a great time! :sohappy:

AND you got into Lady & Sons! :fork: :lol:

LaughingGravy

Trip Plan

What's also really nice is that it appears you have a trip plan that rivals many of the best of us here who have been going to WDW over decades, with great restaurants and timing of seeing the events. 1st night in MK ever and you manage to get to Pinnochio's(where I've never eaten after 13 trips) and also see Spectromagic. What a great start!
As someone above already said, stop typing and enjoy! That is, unless everything is closed and you're alone in your room still hyped up on the day you just had.
In that case, I suggest putting your trip report into Notepad or some other document on your PC so you always have it, then copy and paste into the forum. Oh yeah, back it up,too. And print it.(so far, the longest lasting backup for text)
The memories and your enthusiasm, especially for this first trip are definitely something to hold onto for others, like any kids you may have. If you are taking pictures at all, it would be great to put your printed trip report pages in an album with any accompanying photos.
We're doing this and it's coming out great.
Have a great time! We are all very happy for you! :sohappy:

Gucci65

Congrats on finally making it to the world.

Update when you get back home, so you don't waste a single Disney minute!!

jvenegas

Way to go Kent!!!:sohappy: I'm so sure that this is the first of many more trips to WDW to come.

ONCE YOU GRAB THE MAGIC YOU JUST CAN'T LET GO!!!

Keep those posts coming and have a blast.:wave:

Captain Chaos

Glad to hear you are having a good time Kent... Keep us posted on your trip.. IO love reading other people's experiences... I can share one of mine about 1900 Park Fair...

I had breakfast there in October. Alice, Pooh, Tigger and Mad Hatter where greeting people at their tables while Mary Poppins greeted people in the lobby... I didn't wait online to meet Mary Poppins, but I figured we would have met the other characters inside.... However, not one character came over to the table.. not one... They all walked by and ignore my friend and I... Not that I cared, but, I am paying for the breakfast like everyone else, I think a little character interaction would have been warranted...

tracyandalex

way to go kent!!! we love hearing from a first timer - it reminds us why we keep going back (as if that was necessary). We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip as much as you've enjoyed the first part :sohappy:

tracy & alex

sheilaro

My first time at WDW was last year! Isn't it even more amazing than you had anticipated? :sohappy: :sohappy: If you thought you were fantasing about going to Disney before, I'm sorry to say it will be worse now that you know exactly what you have missing all these years. :cry:

Enjoy absolutely every moment of this trip (as I have no doubt you are based on your message) as you will be reminising about it until your next visit ... which will likely be soon!!!! :animwink:

Please keep us posted during your trip (if you cna find a spare moment....). It so nice to be reliving it through another's first time at WDW!! :animwink:

Jorma

My first time at WDW was my honeymoon in '94. It was quite simply the best week of my life. I hope this trip provides as many wonderful memories for you as my first trip did for me. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom