I don't care what anyone says, I will always love...

Figments Friend

……that smell of ‘Disney Water’ in Attractions.
……that Monorail ‘wirrrr’ sound.
……feeling that beautiful carpeted wall at The Land Pavillion.
……Classic Attractions with no screens or pop culture references.
……Two Words : Citrus Swirl..!
……ascending into Spaceship Earth.
…….tile mural inside the main walkway through Cinderella Castle.
……..tile mural outside of The Land Pavillion
……..that oily haudralic smell when exiting ‘Star Tours’.
………’Burning Rome’
………walking around the Polynesian Village Resort.
………Dole Whip Floats
………The exterior look of the Contemporary Resort.
………so many more…..

-

Brer Panther

Count me in as a member of the Splash Mountain fan club. I don't think it matters that it featured characters from Song of the South if there's nothing actually racist in the ride. Nobody's asking for Fantasia Gardens to be bulldozed because of Fantasia's racist elements.

I also enjoy Journey Into Imagination With Figment. Yeah, I agree they should've never replaced the original ride, but I still find it fun. I like Figment too much to dislike it.

Tjaden

Any version of SSE. I don't care if it's the current one that isn't as good as the previous one or even Cronkite's version. It does make me want to leave the parks and go to a library though. :)

Frozen bananas and refilling the popcorn bucket.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Those from the DLR side of the forum will expect me to say Avengers Campus. :D (And they're not wrong!)

1705560991364.png

But I'll pick something I will always love that's even more hated:

DCA's Hollywood Backlot.

A majority of the best times I had at the DLR were at ElecTRONica, the Mad T Party, and the earlier Marvel meet & greets there. They made me fall in love with the Backlot three different times for three totally different experiences.

I know someday it will be bulldozed over, reimagineered and gone, and most will say good riddance, but the Hollywood Backlot will always have my heart for what was hosted there. Good times...

Mireille

Premium Member
...EPCOT, EPCOT Center, Epcot... whatever it's called in the moment. I loved it in 1986 when I went the first time and I loved it last August when I was there for my last trip, and for all the trips in between. It's always the park I go to first and I always get a picture with Spaceship Earth behind me. They've done lots of things I wish they hadn't in that park but no matter what, it's always first in my heart.

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
That first entry into DL or MK in the morning, walking through Main St. Square and on down Main St. holding my sweety's hand...
Back when they had it, I loved being picked up by the Magic Express at the airport to begin my Disney immersion (as others have mentioned)...
Watching any Disney nighttime show (fireworks or otherwise) with my kids...
Taking a stroll through Cars Land (in California Adventure) at night (it's amazing!)...
Screaming "WAAAAAAAHOO-HOO-HOO-HOO" as our "bobsled" enters the "cave" and begins its ascent up to the top on the Matterhorn ride...

I miss being able to have a truly spontaneous Disney day. Back in the day, even though you had to plan your WDW vacation to a certain degree, you could still be spontaneous in the parks. Now, as others have mentioned, you have to be glued to your phone for much of the day in order to do what you want.

jloucks

...Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Certainly overpriced and Disney caught a lot of flak over its failure, but my sons and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip there and still reminisce about it. It's about making memories, right?
We are so glad we got to experience it before they killed it. It certainly put the Disney magic into their Star Wars IP. All the staff were magnificent in their roles. I feel even worse for them. ...but I am sure with their talent they will do fine.

I have the largest Halcyon light-up model prominently displayed in my living room.
HM.jpg

wdw2011por

We are so glad we got to experience it before they killed it. It certainly put the Disney magic into their Star Wars IP. All the staff were magnificent in their roles. I feel even worse for them. ...but I am sure with their talent they will do fine.

I have the largest Halcyon light-up model prominently displayed in my living room.
View attachment 763723
That's an awesome model! The actors that made up the storyline were definitely top notch and the finale on the last night was amazing. Our favorite character was Sammie as we had multiple memorable interactions with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom