I don't believe I did it (LOL).....

dragonfox98

First, let me just state that I grew up a tomboy and still consider myself one (I was never into Barbies, prefered GI Joes, and wore pants almost my entire life). So, that being said.....

OK, so there I am at lunch on Friday, looking at Allears's home page. And there's a blog on the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique. So, thinking I know all and am impervious to such trivial things, I click..... Needless to say, the new boutique at MK is absoluetly fabulous (and I'm sure the pictures do not do it justice)! The more I think about it, the more I know my girly-girl of a daughter would simply love the experience..... So, since I already knew the prices and wanted at least one thing for our vacation to be a surprise....I made the call.

Yes, I made reservations at the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique at MK. Can you believe it? I know I can't. Well, let me just tell you - Michelle Jean at reservations was awesome and really was not only informative, but personable as well. And, get this - we got ressies for first thing on the morning on Saturday the 20th! I'm excited because I honestly thought there would be no ressies at all, let alone the ones I wanted! And let me explain a little about my aversion to BBB: I did not want to trek all the way over to DTD to have my daughter gussied up (in my eyes - that's wasting time). Also, if she were to get it done, I wanted her to be able to "show herself off" to other people (as the Drama Queen in wont to do:animwink: ).

So, when I made the ressies I told them my son will also be with me. Michelle Jean informed me that the Cool Dude package was only $10!!!! Well, yessiree - sign us up for that, too.

So, now both my kids are going to start off their trip in an awesome (and totally surprising) way at BBB on the morning of the 20th! So, if you see Mulan prancing around the parks that day (we're bringing her costume with us) and a little boy sporting multiple colors and Mickey confetti - you'll know it's us!!!

BTW - thanks for listening to my excitement. 32 more days - whoo hoo!!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Ahhh, the changes parenting provides!

Sounds like a really fun time, and having seen various princesses in full regalia, feeling and looking so special, I'm sure it will be a great experience.
We'll look forward to pictures in about a month!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Am I the only grown-up girl to think this...

...every time I look at pics of the BBB or see the little girls sporting their makeovers, etc. I sooooo have the urge to make myself a ressie (even tho I've celebrated multiple anniversaries of my 29th b-day). I wanna be a princess, too! Now the hubby will argue all day that I am most definitely 'The Princess' around our house all the time. With a husband and two sons it's kind of hard to not be. I just think it would be fun to do a BBB makeover! I soooo wish I could've done that stuff when I was a little girl.... ***sigh***

BTW, for the OP, I'm sure your children will feel extra-super-important with their make-overs. Make sure to bring back pics for us! :wave:

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

Original Poster

...every time I look at pics of the BBB or see the little girls sporting their makeovers, etc. I sooooo have the urge to make myself a ressie (even tho I've celebrated multiple anniversaries of my 29th b-day). I wanna be a princess, too! Now the hubby will argue all day that I am most definitely 'The Princess' around our house all the time. With a husband and two sons it's kind of hard to not be. I just think it would be fun to do a BBB makeover! I soooo wish I could've done that stuff when I was a little girl.... ***sigh***

BTW, for the OP, I'm sure your children will feel extra-super-important with their make-overs. Make sure to bring back pics for us! :wave:

You know, I never thought of that that - maybe they should offer the hair and make-up to adults. I'm positive you are not the only one who would want it. If not, make a ressie at one of the beauty parlors on property and tell them to make you look like you just walked out of BBB!!!

I promise to take lots of pics for everyone!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

First, let me just state that I grew up a tomboy and still consider myself one (I was never into Barbies, prefered GI Joes, and wore pants almost my entire life). So, that being said.....

OK, so there I am at lunch on Friday, looking at Allears's home page. And there's a blog on the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique. So, thinking I know all and am impervious to such trivial things, I click..... Needless to say, the new boutique at MK is absoluetly fabulous (and I'm sure the pictures do not do it justice)! The more I think about it, the more I know my girly-girl of a daughter would simply love the experience..... So, since I already knew the prices and wanted at least one thing for our vacation to be a surprise....I made the call.

Yes, I made reservations at the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique at MK. Can you believe it? I know I can't. Well, let me just tell you - Michelle Jean at reservations was awesome and really was not only informative, but personable as well. And, get this - we got ressies for first thing on the morning on Saturday the 20th! I'm excited because I honestly thought there would be no ressies at all, let alone the ones I wanted! And let me explain a little about my aversion to BBB: I did not want to trek all the way over to DTD to have my daughter gussied up (in my eyes - that's wasting time). Also, if she were to get it done, I wanted her to be able to "show herself off" to other people (as the Drama Queen in wont to do:animwink: ).

So, when I made the ressies I told them my son will also be with me. Michelle Jean informed me that the Cool Dude package was only $10!!!! Well, yessiree - sign us up for that, too.

So, now both my kids are going to start off their trip in an awesome (and totally surprising) way at BBB on the morning of the 20th! So, if you see Mulan prancing around the parks that day (we're bringing her costume with us) and a little boy sporting multiple colors and Mickey confetti - you'll know it's us!!!

BTW - thanks for listening to my excitement. 32 more days - whoo hoo!!!!
You sound alot like my sister-in-law, she as she puts is not a girly girl. We made arrangements for the my first manicure at SSR for her and her daughter, quote, she's a real girly girl, so now they try to see if mom wants to have a pedicure and my neice belts out, oh no my mom won't let you do that. :lol:

Upvote 0

dizzney

I brought my daughter in August to DTD for BBB and it was just great. She begged me for a cinderella dress (I was not doing the entire package), I did it but arranged the dress only thru BBB, they then pressed it and set it up in the dressing room, so she could change there and then get made over.

It was so wonderful, she looked like cinderella when done and I have to say the $48 for the makeover was a great deal, they gave her the tiara in her hair, a mickey pin in the back of head (saw it for $10 in stores) her nail polish bottle, the makeup palette with shadow, lipstick and blush and bagged it all in a "fluffy purple bag"

They had a photographer there so I used my photopass and bought the finished picture when done as it was gorgeous.

She spent the rest of the day and evening as cinderella, we had dinner that night at the california grill (planned by ressie that way) and everywhere she went she was addressed as princess,

I would do this again, next time in MK to have variety, but it was so worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Now she will be cinderella for halloween - in previous years she's been belle, sleeping beauty, snow white, minnie mouse - she's always been a disney princess or minnie mouse since she was 1 and now she's 8. But the only problem is that there is no BBB in Staten Island, but she said that Mom will do it, we shall see!

Upvote 0

IMPoppins

I was at BBB in Sept with my kids. Although the majority of the clients were children, there were definitely a few older people getting it done:)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I saw a mother & daughter w/ matching BBB hairdo's.
It was cute!
I just don't have the courage to do it.
My DD loved the experience!
She wants to do it again next year!
We did the new location at the castle.
:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom