Trip Report I Did Something Bad... *Completed*

Hello everyone! My, it has been a long time... You'll have to forgive me, but school is currently eradicating every last drop of happiness and cheer from my soul! To remedy that, I have.... I have come up with a plan that may be insane. Don't worry, I haven't purchased anything non-refundable yet... So far, no one's been able to come up with a compelling argument for me NOT to do this...

Picture this... October 5th and 6th, I have a random "fall break". It seems perfectly placed. A microbiology exam that Tuesday, and then NOTHING until a physiology exam the following Friday... What am I supposed to do with those 2 free days? "Oh, you should study," you say... Dear reader... I fear if I studied those 2 days I may go insane. How about... How about...

Getting on a red eye flight out of Pittsburgh that would involve me leaving for the airport at 3:30am (you cringed, I felt it), arriving in Orlando early Thursday morning, probably conking out in my swanky All Star room for a couple of hours (should Bob Iger allow my room to be ready), and then going to the Halloween party that night? And then... and then getting on a flight back to Pittsburgh the following afternoon?

That's the bare bones of the plan. I've already booked the room (because it's REFUNDABLE and I can CANCEL okay and it SPARKED JOY) and I'm holding off on flight (it's under $100 but it's Spirit and I think you have to sign a waiver saying you are willing and able to pilot the plane when you fly with them) and event tickets until I check with my professor that this fall break is actually legitimate and not a lie (we had class on the 4th of July when no one else did so I've been burned before).

In other news, I saw Taylor Swift in June which was life changing! But now I need something new to look forward to...

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Too insane? You tell me.

Laurenciaa

Hello everyone! My, it has been a long time... You'll have to forgive me, but school is currently eradicating every last drop of happiness and cheer from my soul! To remedy that, I have.... I have come up with a plan that may be insane. Don't worry, I haven't purchased anything non-refundable yet... So far, no one's been able to come up with a compelling argument for me NOT to do this...

Picture this... October 5th and 6th, I have a random "fall break". It seems perfectly placed. A microbiology exam that Tuesday, and then NOTHING until a physiology exam the following Friday... What am I supposed to do with those 2 free days? "Oh, you should study," you say... Dear reader... I fear if I studied those 2 days I may go insane. How about... How about...

Getting on a red eye flight out of Pittsburgh that would involve me leaving for the airport at 3:30am (you cringed, I felt it), arriving in Orlando early Thursday morning, probably conking out in my swanky All Star room for a couple of hours (should Bob Iger allow my room to be ready), and then going to the Halloween party that night? And then... and then getting on a flight back to Pittsburgh the following afternoon?

That's the bare bones of the plan. I've already booked the room (because it's REFUNDABLE and I can CANCEL okay and it SPARKED JOY) and I'm holding off on flight (it's under $100 but it's Spirit and I think you have to sign a waiver saying you are willing and able to pilot the plane when you fly with them) and event tickets until I check with my professor that this fall break is actually legitimate and not a lie (we had class on the 4th of July when no one else did so I've been burned before).

In other news, I saw Taylor Swift in June which was life changing! But now I need something new to look forward to...

Too insane? You tell me.
No argument here... sounds like you need those two days just to reload the batteries for the 2nd exam...!

12in12

Too insane? You tell me.
do it becky chung GIF

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The only (slightly) insane part is the time of the flight. I am doing something similar to attend the only Halloween party that they are having for passholders at DLP - it goes from 9:45 pm to 2:45 am on a Friday night. We will take the train there on Friday afternoon and take the train back Saturday morning.

tonystark

Original Poster
Insane but I love it!!
Question-your Friday exam isn’t until the following week, right?
As for Spirit-unfortunately, I absolutely agree with you!!
And Pittsburgh was nuts for her shows!!
Yes, it's the following week! We don't talk about the mountain of stuff I have in the weeks AFTER that week, though, because I feel like I can get away with 24 hours of something not school-related... And the traffic was INSANE. It was an amazing time though. Now I've got tickets to see it in theaters to remember the stuff I've forgotten.
Insane? Yes.

But have I also done a one day trip flying down in the early morning and flying home very late the same night and then went to work the next day? Also, yes.

So my vote is for yes!

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
Now THIS is the kind of insanity I like to hear. A much more bonkers plan than mine, and yet you did it. When my mom lived in Baltimore she apparently flew up and down in the same day to go to Disney so she had no counter argument.
No argument here... sounds like you need those two days just to reload the batteries for the 2nd exam...!
Yes.... yes, exactly.... Self-care, some might say... Not willful neglect of my responsibilities!!
Sad Doctor Who GIF

I love the way you write your reports. They have me laughing all the time. You are young and you should definitely do this.
Thank you for the encouragement! Right now I'm at a 99.9% yes, just have to check with my professor tomorrow to get the all clear!
Insane? Yes, but it’s just the right amount of insane. 😂
At least I'm allowing myself one night over to sleep!!!
Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Lets Go Fighting GIF by DINOSALLY

Yes -go for it!
Credit Card Money GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I vote Yes too! You only live once!
Go For It Motivation GIF
That's what I'm telling myself!!!
weak cant GIF

Do it! If for no other reason than to give us a trip report afterwards!
I live to serve the Magicians of WDWMagic, it's true.
Ill Handle It I Got This GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Youcan Do It Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

(Well do it if you truly are on school break.)
Voice of reason, I appreciate this.
The only (slightly) insane part is the time of the flight. I am doing something similar to attend the only Halloween party that they are having for passholders at DLP - it goes from 9:45 pm to 2:45 am on a Friday night. We will take the train there on Friday afternoon and take the train back Saturday morning.
Birds of a feather(insanity) flock together!!!
Definitely do it! Might even want to get your Halloween party ticket secured before the flight as party dates are selling out.
The temptation is there to book now, but I'm going to hold out until I get confirmation tomorrow. I'd be mad if I couldn't go. And if it sells out, it's a sign that it was too insane of a plan...

tonystark

Original Poster
In other news, this might not be a solo trip.... My boyfriend (I know, I've been holding out on you) offered to drive me at 3am to the airport which was very sweet and then I thought... Why make him do that and not take him with me? He's never been to Disney before. Much consideration was had last night, because I don't know if this is how I'd want to be introduced to WDW. You guys know how I do Disney.... Anyways, I invited him today and told him there would be no whining or complaining allowed (I wouldn't expect him to anyways lol) and if we have to ride Haunted Mansion 7 times in a row, he would have to accept that. He enthusiastically accepted my invitation, so if all goes well tomorrow, we shall be booking our tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom