"I am Women, I am Strong!" A June 2012 Trip Report!

Well we are back from a lovely trip to the world. During this trip we battled heat, Tropical Storm Deb, lots of rain, and the stomach bug, but more on all of those later.
Warning now, This trip report will have TONS of photos. I also documented our trip so at the end I will post a link to the videos (the videos are also very long).
So who are we?
Well I'm Emily, 20, college student, I auditioned for Disney back in March, made it to the end of my audition but was unfortunately cut, But what are you gonna do? All you can do is Keep Moving Forward! This is my 12th trip to the World.
552504_3341282891192_1642814895_n.jpg

Then there are my sisters Sam, 15 and Haley, 12. Both love Disney. Haley knows everything about Walt Disney himself. No lie.
SAM_0538.jpg

And then the parentals, Their first trip to Disney was when they had me and we have been going ever since then.
SAM_0714.jpg

All of us...I was laughing during this picture.
The Departure
Since mom has a fear of flying, we were driving to Florida. We left our home in Massachusetts around 2:30 am on June 16th for a long day of driving ahead. The day was pretty uneventful (Thank goodness!) We got half way through South Carolina and decided to stop for the night. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites which was a very nice hotel. The next morning we got up, ate breakfast at the hotel and then we were back on the road by 9am. We made it to Florida around 2pm, got some orange juice, and then continued to drive for another 4 hours until we made it to my grandparents house. The next day we would be going to DHS and checking in at Art of Animation!

LeCellier.Lover

No way you were even at the resort right next to us! :eek: Haha! Awesome!
That'll be fun to read your report and see how ours compare! What job did you audition for back in March?
Your family is so cute! The picture that your sisters took in the Woody and Jesse hats is the exact same picture that my friend Annie and I took! Great minds think alike! ;) Haha!

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
No way you were even at the resort right next to us! :eek: Haha! Awesome!
That'll be fun to read your report and see how ours compare! What job did you audition for back in March?
Your family is so cute! The picture that your sisters took in the Woody and Jesse hats is the exact same picture that my friend Annie and I took! Great minds think alike! ;) Haha!
I auditioned through Disney College program for face/fur character or dancer. My dream is to be in the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS or in the Animal Kingdom parade which I know both are really difficult to get. Thanks! watch us be in the background of each others pics.
TR title Sex and the City 2??
My youngest sister says it all the time because in The Muppets Movie, Miss. Piggy says it lol she didn't even know the sex in the city reference! But throughout the trip we all started saying it whenever something was going a little wrong (rude guest, rain, crowds, etc).

chrissyw14

My youngest sister says it all the time because in The Muppets Movie, Miss. Piggy says it lol she didn't even know the sex in the city reference! But throughout the trip we all started saying it whenever something was going a little wrong (rude guest, rain, crowds, etc).
ohhh haha, I totally forgot Miss Piggy says it! I just saw your title and immediately thought sex and the city 2 lol that's a good idea though, I could use a phrase like that for my next trip!

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
June 18th, DHS and Checking in!
The day started out pretty early for us. We were all up around 7am got a quick breakfast and got ready. 5 people sharing a bathroom, 4 of them being girls, it take awhile to get out of the house. By 8:15 we were on the road! 40 minutes later, we saw this lovely sign.
563525_3340626594785_1293608141_n.jpg

We kept our eye out for signs for our resort. Although we weren't checking in until the afternoon, we wanted to make sure to had a general idea of how to get there. We arrived at DHS around 9:30 and to our surprise, it wasn't crowded at all! Now we normally go during Spring Break in April so we were expecting at least those types of crowds but it wasn't anywhere close (until night time, but we will get to that later).
SAM_0495.jpg

Our game plan for the day was to do most of the shows, then check in to AoA around 3:30, come back, Do the last couple shows, a ride or two, see fantasmic, and end the day with ToT and Rockin Roller Coaster. First thing on our list, grab TSM fastpasses. When we went to get them, we noticed the return time was from 4-5pm, which was close to when we were going to check in. We decided to play it save. So we went to Beauty and the Beast and then we were going to come back after the show and check the fast pass then.
SAM_0499.jpg

SAM_0512.jpg
SAM_0507.jpg

The Gaston in this show was Amazing! Favorite one I have seen. So after the show we went back to TSM and the fastpass return time was now 8:15-9:15 Perfect! We got our fastpasses and decided it was time to meet the muppets.
458619_3340630954894_853963183_o.jpg

277307_3340631514908_1816827222_o.jpg

Now Haley is currently obsessed with the muppets. She absolutely loves them! Although she has seen this show numerous times since her first visit when she was 4, she was still cracking up like this was her first time seeing it.
We hung out around the Streets of America for a little while after that and then went to watch Lights, Motors, Action. In all honesty, I don't enjoy this show very much, not really my thing. Sam and my dad love it.
SAM_0519.jpg

SAM_0521.jpg

After the show, it was time to go check in at AoA! But not before eating some of these delicious treats.
457134_3340637435056_698931029_o.jpg

Up Next: Checking in and the rest of our day at DHS!
Not sure when my next update will be I have work tonight and then have a 5am shift tomorrow -.-

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
So around 3pm we left to go check in at Art of Animation! As we pulled into the resort the first thing out of Haley's mouth was "it's beautiful!" As the car parked, me and Haley ran into animation hall and just stared at all the Disney artwork.
SAM_0893.jpg

SAM_0889.jpg

SAM_0884.jpg

We decided to grab a quick lunch at the resort before heading back to DHS.
I had a kids turkey sandwich
SAM_0526.jpg

Haley had Mac &Cheese
SAM_0527.jpg

Sam had a burger
SAM_0528.jpg

Our room was in the Cars section (I believe building 1). It was the first cars building. Our room was perfect! Fit all of us comfortable and everyone had a spot for their things. (More resort pics later on). So we unloaded our bags and went back over to DHS.
First stop on our trip back, The Backlot Tour!
SAM_0530.jpg

SAM_0531.jpg

After we got off, Sam, my dad, and I headed off to go ride Star Tours. We hadn't rode this ride since 2010 so the 3-D effects and all the destinations were new to us. We absolutely loved it! The ride was lots of fun and the queuing line is looking great!
538110_3306527182321_566605163_n.jpg

While we were off on Star Tours, Someone else was meeting Phineas and Ferb!
529408_3337240870144_450533943_n.jpg

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
We went to the last show of Indiana Jones after that. We sat very close to the front but in the far left section of seats. When they asked for volunteers, I was like Katniss volunteering as tribute for prim (Hunger Games reference). I was screaming and waving my hands and the director didn't even look in that direction -.- oh well maybe next time. Some of the pyro such wasn't working in the show so the last scene didn't happen. No picture from indy.
We were now about 30 minutes early for our fastpass, what to do? How about go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
SAM_0536.jpg

We got front row seats for this show! At first this was exciting since normally we sit behind a pole in the back. However, we quickly learned front isn't always best. It was difficult to see everything and when the water came down on stage, you felt it. And now just a few drops, it was a fluid mist. But, We are women, we are strong. We lived, mist never killed anyone did it?
By now, our fastpasses had 10 more minutes left. We decided to just take pictures around pixar place while we waited.
SAM_0537.jpg

SAM_0540.jpg

SAM_0542.jpg

Our fastpass was ready! Time to play!
SAM_0544.jpg

I was ready.
Since I was sitting by myself on this ride I had to take a picture of my score in order for my family to know I didn't lie. The trust we have in each other :rolleyes:
SAM_0546.jpg

Wasn't my best day. Dad ended up with the highest score in the cart.
We decided to split again after that. Mom, Dad, and Haley were going to wait in line for Fantasmic. Me and Sam were off to do something we have wanted to do for awhile, Ride Tower of Terror at Night!
456812_3321173988482_1440576178_o.jpg

538520_3308793718983_1985162239_n.jpg

Not the best photo but we are the two crazies in the front. Me with my hands straight up and Sam on the right (I promise she is not giving the finger).
181043_3307003594231_1432712991_n.jpg

We got the elevator that shoots right up instead of dropping the first time. It was a great ride! and a fantastic view!

TDF

Looks like you had a great time! I was there the same time. I wonder if we ran into each other and didn't even know it! Maybe you'll see yourself in one of my photos in my report coming up.
- TDF

foreverbelle

I think you should totally audition again. And I know you will.

I love the fact that your family is still going together. My family as we have gotten older haven't gotten together as often as we wish, so cherish it. But it looks like you guys had a blast and I am looking forward to more.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Looks like you had a great time! I was there the same time. I wonder if we ran into each other and didn't even know it! Maybe you'll see yourself in one of my photos in my report coming up.
- TDF
There was quite a few people from these boards there that week! I probably went by a few of you at least once during our trip!
I think you should totally audition again. And I know you will.

I love the fact that your family is still going together. My family as we have gotten older haven't gotten together as often as we wish, so cherish it. But it looks like you guys had a blast and I am looking forward to more.
Will do. My goal has been to be in a parade ever since I was 8 and got approached by a CM to join them and other kids in the parade.

I love it too! My mom has already stated that she still wants to go with us even when we have our own kids! The cool thing about going as we get older is that parents are able to go out and have their own "vacation for a night" and me and my sisters can hang out at the resort or go to downtown disney (which we did during this trip). But I know these trip with the 5 of us wont last forever so I make sure to cherish every moment in the parks with them.

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR so far!! I auditioned for Disney twice, once back in 2003 and once last MAy. Made it to the finals and waited for 6 months but no call :( It was an awesome experience though. One girl I met had been auditioning every 6 months for 5 years! Talk about persistance!!!

Tower of Terror is awesome at night! I love it!! And I travel with my Mom and my sister. We love those family trips :)

tink65

Great TR so far....sorry to hear about your audition. Don't give up though! My DD wants to audition next year for the summer/fall internship. She will be a sophomore in college by then..... She has 2 friends from her high school that graduated in 2011 that are at Disney now! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

LeCellier.Lover

I'm loving your TR so far!

I'm SOO jealous that you guys stayed in the Cars section of AoA! My friend Annie and I walked across the bridge one day to see how the new resort looked and we fell in love with the Cars section! The whole resort looked awesome, but I actually felt like I was in the Cars movie because all the theming and cleverness that they used with the design layout was awesome!

I love love love the Mickey shirt you were wearing at HS! ToT is AWESOME at night, isn't it?!
That's awesome how you can split up with a different sister and do different things. Your family seems so cool and fun!
Can't wait to read more! :)

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
After our ride of ToT it was time to meet up with the rest of the fam and go to Fantasmic! While in the heard of people waiting, we met a family who was on their first trip. They wanted to know how this show was and where to sit and such. We shared our knowledge and ended up linking arms and sitting next to them. We sat about 7 rows from the top in the Scar section. The show was....well Fantastic! minus our weak looking dragon...
SAM_0563.jpg

SAM_0549.jpg

SAM_0552.jpg

SAM_0558.jpg

Normally we would leave after Fantasmic but there were extra magic hours tonight and rides we still wanted to do! Our next stop was Rockin' Roller Coaster. The wait time was posted at 85 Minutes:eek:! It ended up being more like 40 which wasn't too bad but still kinda long for EMH.
SAM_0568.jpg

SAM_0569.jpg

SAM_0572.jpg

By this time it was just after midnight. We were all tired by now but Sam wanted to ride The Great Movie ride and the wait was only 10 minutes.
SAM_0575.jpg

SAM_0576.jpg

We boarded and got the Gangster version! First time on that one! I think I liked it better than the cowboy one! While we were on the ride, I thought Haley was going to fall asleep! Every couple minutes I would look over at her and she was struggling to keep her eyelids open!
It was time to leave. So we said goodbye to DHS and our very tired group of 5 slowly walked to our car and returned to Radiator Springs.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Love the TR so far!! I auditioned for Disney twice, once back in 2003 and once last MAy. Made it to the finals and waited for 6 months but no call :( It was an awesome experience though. One girl I met had been auditioning every 6 months for 5 years! Talk about persistance!!!

Tower of Terror is awesome at night! I love it!! And I travel with my Mom and my sister. We love those family trips :)
Thats what happened to me! It's not fun getting rejected but the whole auditioning process is fun! Family trips are the best. In 2010 my friend came with us and I split up with her a lot in the parks and although it was lots of fun, family trips just seem more magical to me (cheesy I know lol)

Loving it so far! :)
Thanks! :D
Great TR so far....sorry to hear about your audition. Don't give up though! My DD wants to audition next year for the summer/fall internship. She will be a sophomore in college by then..... She has 2 friends from her high school that graduated in 2011 that are at Disney now! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Good luck to her! I audition this past year (when I was a sophomore)! Now I'm too far in my college career(according to my school) to go. So I'll be auditioning again once I graduate!

I'm loving your TR so far!

I'm SOO jealous that you guys stayed in the Cars section of AoA! My friend Annie and I walked across the bridge one day to see how the new resort looked and we fell in love with the Cars section! The whole resort looked awesome, but I actually felt like I was in the Cars movie because all the theming and cleverness that they used with the design layout was awesome!

I love love love the Mickey shirt you were wearing at HS! ToT is AWESOME at night, isn't it?!
That's awesome how you can split up with a different sister and do different things. Your family seems so cool and fun!
Can't wait to read more! :)
To be honest when we checked in, we all wanted Nemo because we aren't huge fans of cars but once we saw the cars section, we were glad we got put where we did! The theming in that area is Perfect!! and the pool with little cone cabanas was great!
Thanks! I got that Mickey shirt awhile ago at Forever 21 and when I got it I thought, I need to wear this to DHS! Because doesn't everyone think of what park to wear certain clothes at when they buy them?:rolleyes:

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
The next morning we had an early start. Our goal was to make it to Animal Kingdom for park opening at 9am. Well, those plans didn't work out as we were all still tired from the previous night. So at 9am we were eating breakfast rather than at the park.
A breakfast of side dishes for me today
SAM_0577.jpg

Sam's kid waffles
SAM_0581.jpg

We ended up making it to the park around 10. Still good timing.
SAM_0582.jpg

SAM_0585.jpg

Our First stop was Africa! We always like going on the safari in the morning because we feel that the most animals are out in the morning. This was by far the best safari we have ever been on. I think the pictures speak for themselves...
SAM_0586.jpg

SAM_0595.jpg

SAM_0599.jpg

SAM_0606.jpg

SAM_0609.jpg

SAM_0610.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom