Hyperion Warf?

WDWLover#1

Original Poster
Any news about HW. There was a delay in construction and this is what they said:
"Over on Pleasure Island, we’ve completed removing some of the buildings that aren’t part of our future plans. During the course of this site work, we identified opportunities to further refine our master plan and are pausing to evaluate them. What does this mean for you? While we’re moving quickly, it will admittedly cause a delay in construction. But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing."
Has anybody heard anything-I'm hopeful-but I don't see it.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
HW was cancelled, all references have been removed from the Disney website and the concept art was removed from the construction walls. Speculation is PI will be redone as part of a DTD expansion. There are several threads on it if you search through.

Also Splittsville is unrelated to HW and PI. They didn't cancel HW to build Splittsville, they are 2 independent projects.

More info is available at the SPI blog, http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com You can find all kinds of articles on the development of PI

Atomicmickey

hypwrf.jpg

Matt7187

I thought hw would be great, but with disney, you have to see it open before you can believe it is going to happen *cough, disney decade, cough*

NiarrNDisney

BET is one of the clubs. It's the one to the left of the old Adventurer's Club. I think they renamed it just "Soundstage Club" before it closed.

Actually it was always known as BET Soundstage club and when it closed with the rest fo the clubs on PI and the signage was taken down a few signs were left up simply saying Soundstage Club

Mouse Detective

Actually it was always known as BET Soundstage club and when it closed with the rest fo the clubs on PI and the signage was taken down a few signs were left up simply saying Soundstage Club

Not exactly. Disney's contract with Black Entertainment Television to use the BET name expired more than a year before all the clubs were closed. The "BET" was removed from the signs and it was just called Soundstage Club and operated under that name for more than a year.

I heard BET is reopening! Sweet!

And where did you hear this?

Lee

Adventurer
The new version of the PI "plan" has a different name.
Haven't heard for sure, but the word "Springs" may be involved in the new name.

djlaosc

Didn't you mention that a while back? I'm sure I can remember someone using the phrase "'spring' into action"

SirLink

So these plans I'm guessing an announcement 2017 with it opening up in 2018 if there is a strong lucky wind?

Cosmic Commando

But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing."
Are we talking about the delay between now and when they stopped work on Hyperion Wharf, or the 4+ years that have elapsed since the closing of Pleasure Island? It has to be pretty awesome to make up for so many years of nothingness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom