Hurricane Irma

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
8:00 PM update.

Irma continues to shift to the west. Probably track is makes landfall in Keys,up the west coast coming in around Naples or continuing along the coast and hitting the Florida Big Bend. Looks like the east coast is getting a break.

Winds haven't strengthened, but windfield has gotten wider, which means will take longer to dissipate.

21stamps

Yep. We lost power here in Northern KY (right across the river from Cincinnati)...schools were closed for three days, lots of damage to homes, businesses, property. We're carefully watching the track of this storm, expected to reach us here by Tuesday. Never underestimate the remnants of a hurricane.

That's so crazy.

21stamps

I'm so confused, where are people hearing that the South East is going to be missed? Everything I'm seeing says it's hitting in the Keys then damaging both coasts down South.

TalkingHead

8:00 PM update.

Irma continues to shift to the west. Probably track is makes landfall in Keys,up the west coast coming in around Naples or continuing along the coast and hitting the Florida Big Bend. Looks like the east coast is getting a break.

Winds haven't strengthened, but windfield has gotten wider, which means will take longer to dissipate.

Fair to say, "Eek"?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm so confused, where are people hearing that the South East is going to be missed? Everything I'm seeing says it's hitting in the Keys then damaging both coasts down South.

If it goes up the west coast, which looks likely, less impact on the east coast. My fear is that it doesn't, after going over the Keys, turn inland, but continued north just off the coast, heading for us. :(

cosmicgirl

Technically, part of it is now out of the cone (source). There's been a big shift again today, which may lead some people to believe they're off the hook, but of course the impact is much wider than the cone.
Schermafdruk 2017-09-09 02.26.05.png

wdwms

Or their phones will. Let's hope they have nice pictures to remember if they have sense enough to read.

Hopefully we can give those in Key west the benefit of the doubt, they still have time to get the hell out of dodge tomorrow.. Now if they are on the cam tomorrow night, that's another story..

freesvoice

Yep. We lost power here in Northern KY (right across the river from Cincinnati)...schools were closed for three days, lots of damage to homes, businesses, property. We're carefully watching the track of this storm, expected to reach us here by Tuesday. Never underestimate the remnants of a hurricane.
Similar story in Cleveland during Sandy 5 years ago. Tropical storm at that point (if that) still knocked down our two biggest trees and left us without power for 7 days. Not fun. Which is why I wonder why anyone rides these things out, especially when it's a category 5 coming right for you!

21stamps

Hopefully we can give those in Key west the benefit of the doubt, they still have time to get the hell out of dodge tomorrow.. Now if they are on the cam tomorrow night, that's another story..

No, unfortunately they don't have time. No one should leave now. It's too late, way too dangerous.

Technically, part of it is now out of the cone (source). There's been a big shift again today, which may lead some people to believe they're off the hook, but of course the impact is much wider than the cone.
View attachment 227719

Amy chance at all that it could move even more West.. and miss everything?

LAKid53

Premium Member
No, unfortunately they don't have time. No one should leave now. It's too late, way too dangerous.

If only. But that means Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana or Texas. Texas should be exempt - it's suffered enough.

cosmicgirl

I don't think the panhandle would like that. But I'm not a meteorologist, so I have no idea... all we know right now is that it's extremely likely for the path to be anywhere in the cone, but then the cone moves and you're back to square one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom