Trip Report Hurricane Idalia, Football and Adventures New and Old

Hello Friends!

My husband (Josh) and I (Heather) just returned yesterday from a great trip and I can't wait to share all of the crazy and fun details here soon!!

IMG_0928.jpg

Dory71

We always forget about Splitsville and happened to try it on our visit over Fourth of July and were impressed. The food was terrific and they have a good variety of choices. We will definitely go back. I enjoyed your trip report and Geaux Tigers!!

LeighM

Yes...I stopped awhile ago! COVID has made my job too chaotic and I didn't have time anymore! But I am just now trying to find time to get back into reading everyone's again! I feel so out of the loop!

I thought maybe I had just missed them LOL. Life took me away from the boards for almost a year before covid and when I came back I felt like I had missed so much life happenings from people I haven't had a chance to meet in real life :) How is your Mom doing?

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
What a great report! Still so sorry we missed each other.

Your final picture is adorable! 💙💙

I'm sorry too...we were so close! Thank you!

We always forget about Splitsville and happened to try it on our visit over Fourth of July and were impressed. The food was terrific and they have a good variety of choices. We will definitely go back. I enjoyed your trip report and Geaux Tigers!!

We love Splitsville so much, especially Josh. It is always so good.
Geaux Tigers!!

Sad you left as we arrived in Orlando. What a lovely photo of Cam with the new arrival.
I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your trip!
Thanks for reading!
Such a cute picture of Cam and his new cousin!
Thanks for sharing your trip!
Thank you!
Thanks for sharing a fantastic report!
Always happy to share.
I’m bummed you’re not going back next year bc I love your TR’s so much!!
ME TOOOOOOO!!! Maybe I'll be able to persuade Josh somehow, someway! 😂

Doc Disney

I too have missed seeing you and your mom! I understand you are on Instagram, but I don't do that one. :)

I am actually not on there either right now 🤣 I'm on a social media cleanse so I have recently been to Disney World with my Mom and sisters and then Disneyland with my boyfriend with zero documentation ....and honestly it was nice ! haha

I thought maybe I had just missed them LOL. Life took me away from the boards for almost a year before covid and when I came back I felt like I had missed so much life happenings from people I haven't had a chance to meet in real life :) How is your Mom doing?

She is doing very well thanks for asking! I feel like I have missed so much too!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
tom hiddleston thank you GIF

What a fun trip! Thanks for sharing! (I thought the rainy umbrellas in the background were appropriate. :) )
Thank you for reading!! ☔

We love Splitsville too!
Great report ! Sad we have to wait for more
It's so good. I'm glad to have had you join in. We've missed seeing you here!

And thank you for using that GIF lol. I don't think he's a typically handsome man - but when he smiles, everything changes:joyfull:

I am excited to start the new season of Loki. He does have a great smile.

BrerWayne

This was the only Remi that I found. I forgot to even look for him otherwise and just stumbled upon this one.

View attachment 746517

I wanted to try to famous griddled cheese.
View attachment 746518
View attachment 746519

Maybe I was expecting something different. I was thinking the cheese would be warm and someone melty, but it wasn't at all. Neither of us cared for this. We get Haloumi cheese from our local Greek place at home and it's fabulous. It's chewy, but still melty and warm. This was not.

We heard the band playing in the UK, so we stopped and listened to them a bit and explored the shops.
View attachment 746520

Next up was the Hawaii booth.
View attachment 746521

Again, I've heard such good things about the slider, but mine was gross! The bottom portion of the bun was soaked and the top bun was stale. The bottom was so soggy that it was inedible so I had to take the meat and top part of the bun off and eat it that way. It just seemed like it had been sitting there awhile and wasn't good.
View attachment 746522

I really didn't want to spend anymore money on F&W and be disappointed, but Josh knew I wanted to get the fried pickles, so he went and got those. Happy to report that these were delicious.
View attachment 746523

View attachment 746524

We went over to the Seas to see Lou and Lil Joe. I love them.
View attachment 746525
View attachment 746526
I’m from New Orleans as well. Where is your go to for Greek food? We go to Greek fest every year and drop hundreds on the Greek food.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I’m from New Orleans as well. Where is your go to for Greek food? We go to Greek fest every year and drop hundreds on the Greek food.
I'm not from New Orleans. I live 45 minutes outside of New Orleans in Ascension parish, so I'm not familiar with Greek food in the NOLA area, but I would LOVE to go to Greek Fest one year! We have a little hole in the wall place called Sam's Greek and Lebanese. It's so good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom