Hulk Encounter?

Turtle

Original Poster
Note: This is not my idea. This is Chris Coburn's idea I just wanted to put this in a thread.

"Hulk Encounter (Replaces Stitch's Great Escape): Here's my first crazy idea of the blog. I say it's crazy because it's unlikely to ever happen, but hey, you never know. The left block of Tomorrowland hasn't exactly had much success in bringing in the crowds because of it's limited space (it's right next to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe) and pretty poor attractions housed inside. Currently, it is home to Stitch's Great Escape, an attraction that has been panned by critics and guests alike as being poor. My solution comes in the form of the first Marvel themed attraction within a Disney park: Hulk Encounter. First off, the building would be restored to the Metropolis Science Center, the name it had when it housed Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter in the 90s. Pre show room 1 would introduce guests to the Metropolis Science Center and how it's various exhibits have changed the future (an XS Tech reference would be made as homage to Alien Encounter) as well as introduce Dr. Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), a scientist who specializes in gamma ray technology which is currently on display. In pre-show room 2, guests are taken to Banner's lab where through a video log, he explains how through an accident he was transformed into the abomination known as The Hulk and how he as experimented for years to try and cure himself. Now, through a generous grant from the Metropolis Science Center and his own experimentation, he believes he has finally found a solution. Guests are now invited into the Gamma Testing Chamber where they will watch for themselves as Dr. Banner irradiates The Hulk once in for all.

The main attraction will be set up exactly the same as Alien Encounter/Stitch before it. There will be a central tube, video screens towards the top of the chamber and seats surrounding the tube. It will begin with a hologram of Banner similar to the tech used in Disaster at Universal. After discussing safety protocol with his staff, the central tube is flooded with gamma radiation. Rather than getting rid of the Hulk, the radiation causes Banner to transform inside the tube, smashing it. Guests see brief shots of The Hulk himself as he tries to escape the chamber. What would follow is a series of intense atmospheric effects and animatronic destruction. Guests will see brief flashes of the Hulk shaking the chamber throwing gamma cannons across the room and eventually breaking out of the chamber and fighting military forces. In the end, he ends up saving a citizen caught in the crossfire and fleeing into the wilderness. Guests would then exit into Mickey's Star Traders, where a new Hulk sized hole would appear through one of the windows or walls."

What do you guys think? (Once again it is Chris Coburn's idea)

And can anybody make some concept art?

comics101

Note: This is not my idea. This is Chris Coburn's idea I just wanted to put this in a thread.

"Hulk Encounter (Replaces Stitch's Great Escape): Here's my first crazy idea of the blog. I say it's crazy because it's unlikely to ever happen, but hey, you never know. The left block of Tomorrowland hasn't exactly had much success in bringing in the crowds because of it's limited space (it's right next to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe) and pretty poor attractions housed inside. Currently, it is home to Stitch's Great Escape, an attraction that has been panned by critics and guests alike as being poor. My solution comes in the form of the first Marvel themed attraction within a Disney park: Hulk Encounter. First off, the building would be restored to the Metropolis Science Center, the name it had when it housed Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter in the 90s. Pre show room 1 would introduce guests to the Metropolis Science Center and how it's various exhibits have changed the future (an XS Tech reference would be made as homage to Alien Encounter) as well as introduce Dr. Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), a scientist who specializes in gamma ray technology which is currently on display. In pre-show room 2, guests are taken to Banner's lab where through a video log, he explains how through an accident he was transformed into the abomination known as The Hulk and how he as experimented for years to try and cure himself. Now, through a generous grant from the Metropolis Science Center and his own experimentation, he believes he has finally found a solution. Guests are now invited into the Gamma Testing Chamber where they will watch for themselves as Dr. Banner irradiates The Hulk once in for all.

The main attraction will be set up exactly the same as Alien Encounter/Stitch before it. There will be a central tube, video screens towards the top of the chamber and seats surrounding the tube. It will begin with a hologram of Banner similar to the tech used in Disaster at Universal. After discussing safety protocol with his staff, the central tube is flooded with gamma radiation. Rather than getting rid of the Hulk, the radiation causes Banner to transform inside the tube, smashing it. Guests see brief shots of The Hulk himself as he tries to escape the chamber. What would follow is a series of intense atmospheric effects and animatronic destruction. Guests will see brief flashes of the Hulk shaking the chamber throwing gamma cannons across the room and eventually breaking out of the chamber and fighting military forces. In the end, he ends up saving a citizen caught in the crossfire and fleeing into the wilderness. Guests would then exit into Mickey's Star Traders, where a new Hulk sized hole would appear through one of the windows or walls."

:sohappy::sohappy: This is Brilliant! When I first read that it was going into Tomorrowland, I thought, "No." But with the whole science angle it fits really well. I love this! All the more reason for me to check out his blog now!

MA Screamin'

:sohappy::sohappy: This is Brilliant! When I first read that it was going into Tomorrowland, I thought, "No." But with the whole science angle it fits really well. I love this! All the more reason for me to check out his blog now!

I second that, beastly! Would go perfect with the Marvel "invasion" hopefully to not take over, but revamp the parks! I can picture it..... *dozes in his chair*

goofy donald

I already saw this in his blog, it can never happen due to the specifics of the deal that state disney cant have any marvel properties inside the parks east of the mississippi. it was a nice idea but again will never happen.

Thrill Seeker

I appreciate the support of this idea. While writing the blog I am trying my best to make as realistic as possible changes. Does that mean that they are all 100% possible? No, but hey, most of it is. In the case of Hulk Encounter, it's something that could happen once Universal's contract with Marvel ends. It's going to end eventually, but not for the time being.

So, no this cannot happen at this moment in time, but could it ever happen? Sure, once the Universal deal ends...

Anyway, that's the purpose of Blue Sky ideas like this.

Speaking of my blog, I mentioned a few other original attraction ideas in my more recent posts. My next post will begin Epcot Center's update.
Keep reading for all the latest ideas!

Here's a link!

goofy donald

I appreciate the support of this idea. While writing the blog I am trying my best to make as realistic as possible changes. Does that mean that they are all 100% possible? No, but hey, most of it is. In the case of Hulk Encounter, it's something that could happen once Universal's contract with Marvel ends. It's going to end eventually, but not for the time being.

So, no this cannot happen at this moment in time, but could it ever happen? Sure, once the Universal deal ends...

Anyway, that's the purpose of Blue Sky ideas like this.

Speaking of my blog, I mentioned a few other original attraction ideas in my more recent posts. My next post will begin Epcot Center's update.
Keep reading for all the latest ideas!

Here's a link!

Unfortunately I just don't see this happening ever. The exact wording of the contract is that as long as the attractions are operational Universal Orlando retains their rights and Disney cannot add. Considering that two of Universal's staple attractions and its second most popular land involve Marvel, and they just refurbished most of the entire land recently, they're showing their in it for the long run. Its a virtually perpetual contract also including thematic's and merchandising that have separate long term stipulations. long story short its near impossible we will see Marvel in WDW period so its not very realistic. regardless i still really enjoyed the idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom