How's the line for Star Tours looking so far today?

TOTGuy

I think the cast members of Star Tours deserve alot of credit in keeping the wait times down. They were extremely efficent in getting guests onto the attraction. The line was constantly moving at a steady pace. I heard one guest say that the wait time was posted as 60 minutes, but they got on in 20 minutes. Kudos to the cast of Star Tours! Keep up the great work!

This is more like a big credit to imagineering as the loading process is much simpler than something like Soarin'. Soarin' involves guests following CMs and CMs moving ECVs, being responsible for closing individual doors, and having to look behind, under, and in front of ride vehicles for guests/objects. Star Tours has a very simple flow, the guests are able to exit without direction from a CM, and the individual ride path/motion envelope that needs to be checked is much smaller. It's great that they can get about half of a Soarin' load in each Sim, with only one CM as opposed to the minimum of 4 for a Soarin' theater.

the-reason14

Whew! So glad I got to preview it a few days ago a few hours before the park closed. No line and got to see a few of the random rides or whatever. It was a 45 minute wait the other day around 7 ish. So glad I got to do it, cuz I know I'm not standing in just a 10 minute wait for it. Great improvement from the previous version, but not worth a long wait sorry. The update may have been about 10 years late but glad its here now.

ms7479a

The huge OHRC has a lot to do with it as well.

An attraction can have a large OHRC, but if the cast members are not being efficient it will not matter. I have witnessed cast members at many attractions and the cast at Star Tours is one of the hardest working I have seen!

EvanAnderson

Star Tours II Opening: Expected big crowds, built queue for it, didn't need it.
Potter Opening: Expected big crowds, built queue for it, needed it.... BIG TIME. The entire park was one giant line. It spanned from the entrance of the ride, snaked through various backstage areas, through unused portion of other attraction queue, almost to the entry turnstiles.

Mansion Butler

An attraction can have a large OHRC, but if the cast members are not being efficient it will not matter. I have witnessed cast members at many attractions and the cast at Star Tours is one of the hardest working I have seen!
This makes a huge difference at some other parks. Sea World I love, but their lack of efficiency can be maddening. I don't know what their rides capacities are, but it's pretty obvious their lines are longer than they need to be by inefficient load procedures.

I doubt it's so much that the staff doesn't care as much as there's not a top-down emphasis on efficiency, but it makes a legitimate difference.

disnyfan89

Star Tours II Opening: Expected big crowds, built queue for it, didn't need it.
Potter Opening: Expected big crowds, built queue for it, needed it.... BIG TIME. The entire park was one giant line. It spanned from the entrance of the ride, snaked through various backstage areas, through unused portion of other attraction queue, almost to the entry turnstiles.
Star Tours: Relaunch of a ride using a Proven ride system that can carry large amount of guests and doesn't malfunction often and if it does the entire ride is not effected.

Harry Potter: New ride using a New advanced ride system that has never been used before. Has a terrible OHRC for a ride of it's type and status. Was subject to frequent break downs and barely worked more than two hours without a major breakdown and if it did breakdown it caused the whole ride to come to a stand still.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Plus Harry Potter had a HUGE marketing push for SEVERAL years both here in the states and over seas and was the first new "real" addition to IOA since it's opening.

On a random side note, is fastpass in use yet?

EvanAnderson

Star Tours: Relaunch of a ride using a Proven ride system that can carry large amount of guests and doesn't malfunction often and if it does the entire ride is not effected.

Harry Potter: New ride using a New advanced ride system that has never been used before. Has a terrible OHRC for a ride of it's type and status. Was subject to frequent break downs and barely worked more than two hours without a major breakdown and if it did breakdown it caused the whole ride to come to a stand still.
Star Tours II broke down when I rode it. The ride started before the doors were closed. The screen played, everything went as normal, the screen, the lights, just no movement. So we sat there then unloaded and went to another one. Disney rides break down too.

Forbidden Journey has a terrible OHRC? That ride never stops moving! It dispatches 4 guests every 7 seconds! That's around 8 dispatches a minute, with 4 guests makes 32 guests dispatches every minute. Times that by a full 60 minutes and you get 1920 guests per hour. With no hiccups with the ride, the line will never stop moving. Disney has a set of robotic arms as well. 4 of them, with 2 guests each, stationary to the ground. That's 8 riders on at once. Compare that to FJ's 46 robotic arms continuously circulating the track.

Thrill Seeker

Star Tours II broke down when I rode it. The ride started before the doors were closed. The screen played, everything went as normal, the screen, the lights, just no movement. So we sat there then unloaded and went to another one. Disney rides break down too.

Forbidden Journey has a terrible OHRC? That ride never stops moving! It dispatches 4 guests every 7 seconds! That's around 8 dispatches a minute, with 4 guests makes 32 guests dispatches every minute. Times that by a full 60 minutes and you get 1920 guests per hour. With no hiccups with the ride, the line will never stop moving. Disney has a set of robotic arms as well. 4 of them, with 2 guests each, stationary to the ground. That's 8 riders on at once. Compare that to FJ's 46 robotic arms continuously circulating the track.

It does break down from time to time, but with Star Tours, we can easily move you to another gate, so it doesn't really effect our status too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom