How to upload an avatar?

Minnie1976

Original Poster
I deleted my old avatar. Ok, I've had a senior moment, but how do I crop a new one or find one set up by WDW Magic to use? I saw where on the customized place it said drag and crop. Please don't laugh to loud but drag where to crop? Yes, I am technology challenged. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Joseph Robinson

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I go to upload a new avatar it lets me choose the file, save changes, and then it automatically changes. All I can think of is that you're trying to use a photo that is too big and it is asking you to crop.

If that is the case, it is asking you to drag and crop within the picture itself. What you would do is click somewhere within the picture and then a little box would appear (with flashing dash lines outlining the border of the box). You would manipulate that box to let the forum know what portion of the picture you want "cropped" down to their 200x200 standard (could be the whole picture, or just part of it...you decide).

Don't know if that'll help but could luck!

Nemo14

I deleted my old avatar. Ok, I've had a senior moment, but how do I crop a new one or find one set up by WDW Magic to use? I saw where on the customized place it said drag and crop. Please don't laugh to loud but drag where to crop? Yes, I am technology challenged. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Once you've chosen a picture from your files for your avatar, then you can move the picture around ("drag") to get the part of it that you want for your avatar.If you're on an I-pad or smart phone or whatever, this might not be a possibility. (?)

Minnie1976

Original Poster
I'm not seeing what you're seeing. When I go to upload a new avatar it lets me choose the file, save changes, and then it automatically changes. All I can think of is that you're trying to use a photo that is too big and it is asking you to crop.

If that is the case, it is asking you to drag and crop within the picture itself. What you would do is click somewhere within the picture and then a little box would appear (with flashing dash lines outlining the border of the box). You would manipulate that box to let the forum know what portion of the picture you want "cropped" down to their 200x200 standard (could be the whole picture, or just part of it...you decide).

Thank you, I will try that.

Minnie1976

Original Poster

Thank you, it worked. Perfect instructions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom