How To Surprise... PARENTS?

MausCouture

My sister (18) & I (17) want to do something really special & unexpected for our parents when we go down to WDW this fall... They really put all they've got into making our family vacations special & memorable, It truly means a lot to us! Especially now that we're older, & we realize how much time money & planning goes into making our annual WDW trips happen.. So now we want to put a little something together to do the same for them! We were thinking about combining our money & splurging by purchasing a custom "in-room celebration" package from Disney ---That idea was shot down real quick as soon as we looked at the $$$...It was then decided that we'd do our own DIY take on the in-room celebrations by making our own little gift baskets for each parent to cut down on the costs..What do you think about this? What should we include in our baskets? Any other ideas? THANKS!

Last edited:

PinnySmart

I think the DIY idea would be much more meaningful to your parents. Start with a personalized thank you note then add some of their favorite snacks. Maybe add a inexpensive photo album and include photos of special moments from previous vacations. You can create and print a pass/ticket/coupon that entitles them to one whole day to do everything that they choose. I think anything that you do will be very special because you both sound like great kids to be so appreciative. Come back and let us know what you decided to do and their reaction!

Upvote 0

belledream

I agree completely with DIY! It's more thoughtful and you can make it more meaningful (and I know for a fact if my parents ever found out how much those in-room celebration things cost, they'd be mad at me for getting it :p).

Make sure you guys take a bunch of great pictures during your vacation so that you can make an awesome keepsake for them afterwards! I love doing that for my parents so that they can relive our family time together!(Scrapbook, collage, photobook, movie slideshow, etc.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom