1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get Be Our Guest?

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by Squigglove, May 17, 2017.

1. Squigglove

Squigglove Active Member

Are we supposed to call in a midnight to reserve our 180 reservation for BoG?
    The site didn't open the 180 day until 6am and still hasn't allowed any time slot.

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  2. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Reservations open online at 6 am or by calling at 7 am. Both times are Eastern. 180 days from today is November 13. Dinner at BOG is very popular and difficult to get even at 180 days out.

3. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

I don't know how big your party is, but as a party of two, we have just walked in for dinner more than once and been seated within a few minutes without a reservation.

Squigglove likes this.
  4. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Also check within 24-48 hours prior to the time you want to go if you don't get it at 180 days (6am online). People often cancel at that point and we've gotten it a few times that way.

5. Squigglove

Squigglove Active Member Original Poster

Thank you. Our party size is 4.
    The online reservations did open at 6am today but no time slots have been available! :eek:

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  6. helenabear

Did you keep checking after also? Not all dining gets loaded at exactly 6am it seems (same with FP)

Squigglove and DisneyBound2017 like this.
  7. Squigglove

I have been, yes. This reservation is going to actually be for Christmas, so I'm going to have to call it in. So 7am is the earliest I can call?

8. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Christmas reservations aren't going to open for another month and a half or so. We're checking in on Dec 26th and won't be able to reserve dining until June 29th at 6AM.

Tyaloo, Squigglove and helenabear like this.
  9. helenabear

7 am Eastern, yes, so you would have missed it if it was today. Also are you onsite? Because it's really 180+10 if you are.

Also maybe I stink at math but we're only up to November for booking dates. Christmas won't be out for over a month

Squigglove likes this.
  10. Squigglove

I understand. I have also done the math and was doing a test run of it just to see. There have not been any time slots available at all since before 6am!!! I'm chatting with them as we speak; they're telling me to plan from my last day ...I don't know what that means!!!

11. drizgirl

drizgirl Well-Known Member

Since you can book at 180 days for the length of your trip (up to 10 days) the most availability will be toward the end of your trip. When you hit 180 days exactly, people will have been booking that day for up to 10 days already.

Squigglove likes this.
  12. megkennington

megkennington New Member

I've had great luck with the Touring Plans reservation finder (https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder). You can put in up to two requests at a time and it will email/text you when it finds something that matches your request. I always use it for Be Our Guest and have almost always gotten what i've wanted.

13. Squigglove

People are saying book from my last day to the first day. I'm trying really hard to rationalize this...if the first day of my trip opens and I just sit here and not book anything, that means other people are going to, which ultimately means that even less will be available to me if I wait. It just doesn't make logical sense. I am trying to understand this! But I'm puzzled.

14. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

What they are saying is that when you go to book your ADRs, do the most difficult to get farther out during your stay, and first when you are booking. Then move to the easier ADRs to get closer to your arrival day. Of course, there are only a handful of places that must be reserved at 180. So if you are staying for 7 days on site, you can book at 187 days out for those. So pick BoG for day 5 or 6, and you shouldn't have any problems. The vast majority of restaurants can be reserved at less than 3 or 4 months, so you shouldn't have any issues with the rest of your ADRs.

15. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

This^^^

Popular places like BoG, Chef Mickey and Ohana are often booked solid 185 days in advance as Disney resort guests can book up to 10 days worth of dining reservations (hence the name 180+10) at their 180 mark. If you have a 7 day trip, the probability of one of those restaurants having availability is much greater at 187 days out vs 180 days.

Use this link to calculate your 180 day out day.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/reservation-calculator.htm

16. DisneyGal1221

DisneyGal1221 Member

We were at Disney a few weeks ago. In order to get BOG lunch reservations, we pieced together multiple reservations for 1 person. I was able to keep checking and found 4 reservations for 1 person each within 10 minutes of each other (2 at 1pm and 2 at 1:05). So that is another option if your original plan doesn't work. It takes a little more work and you would have to place each reservation in the name of a different person in your party, but it worked well for us.

17. epcotWSC

epcotWSC Active Member

I hit 180 days yesterday. Tried BoG at day 183 and 185 and nothing. Funnily enough I found a reservation for today. The only option is to just check occasionally. I have noticed in past years that as the date gets closer, people will cancel and it actually may be easier to get a reservation.

18. Rickster7

Rickster7 Active Member

I find reservations on the App sometimes after I can't find them online. I don't know why it is different? Plus like it has been said people will make multiple reservations and then cancel them as time gets near. So 30,60,90 days out stuff will become available. You just got to keep checking.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Much-Pixie-Dust likes this.
  19. rob0519

rob0519 Well-Known Member

On our last visit, there were openings each night at BOG around 9:00 PM. We chose not to eat that late, but on our next trip, if we can't get an earlier ADR we may take the last available just to try the food.

20. ChrisI

ChrisI New Member

Can I get a clarification on something? I see some people saying you can RSVP dining at 6am and call at 7am est but I thought it was 7am est for both online or phone, no?