How popular are the Glow With the Show ears?

themerebear6453

I've wanted to see the ears in action since we began planning our trip, and I wondered how popular they are. Will it be a big effect, or just a couple scattered participants?

dreamfinder

To see how they should work you really would need to find some of the videos on YouTube from when they gave them away to the crowd. Otherwise you will just see a few handfuls of them scattered around.

Upvote 0

Britrepeater

Weirdly we had 2 pairs on the heads in front of us on our visit. After the initial " those are so cool" it soon became a distraction. Bright ears when you are trying to watch a fairly dark show. Obviously the guests wearing them didn't see any of the effects so more annoying than adding to the show. Although the few scattered around a bit further away looked good.

Upvote 0

tlev

We made the mistake of buying some for my daughter. They are very heavy and will not stay put. She wore them that day, well part of the day, then has never worn them again. I did not see very many people wearing them when we visited in September probably because of the issues with comfort.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I got some for free for being in the Disneyland premier of a show where they filmed a commercial. They are bulky, uncomfortable and I never wore them again. I think they are just sitting in my car still.

Upvote 0

DonnG

I have the Sorcerer Mickey Wand. It's cool that you can change the color of the other "Made With Magic" items, but there are so few of them in the parks that you never get to use that feature. It does still interact with the shows like the ears and since I'm holding it I'm able to see the effects. I'm always afraid that I'm annoying those around me though since at times it can get really bright and flash a lot, so I usually leave it off during shows and have it on while walking around the parks at night.

They were a great idea, but since they're expensive (I believe each item is around $25) and they never took off it's definitely not the same effect as in the Disney videos. I did see a few people with them during Fantasmic last month. There were maybe 10 or so people and they were bright enough that I noticed them from across the amphitheater so I can definitely see how it'd be annoying for those behind them.

If you're interested in getting a Made With Magic item I'd recommend the wand or Minnie's Headband. They also have a Mickey Glove, but I don't think I saw a single one of those in the wild. The ears are bulky as the others have already pointed out and I really don't like the design on the hat itself.

Upvote 0

Jahona

I got a pair from a friend and really only wear them for Fantasmic. They are kinda great if your with a group as you become a beacon in a crowd. Other than that they are a bit heavy and you have to have them strapped on or they will fall off.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I have the Sorcerer Mickey Wand. It's cool that you can change the color of the other "Made With Magic" items, but there are so few of them in the parks that you never get to use that feature. It does still interact with the shows like the ears and since I'm holding it I'm able to see the effects. I'm always afraid that I'm annoying those around me though since at times it can get really bright and flash a lot, so I usually leave it off during shows and have it on while walking around the parks at night.

They were a great idea, but since they're expensive (I believe each item is around $25) and they never took off it's definitely not the same effect as in the Disney videos. I did see a few people with them during Fantasmic last month. There were maybe 10 or so people and they were bright enough that I noticed them from across the amphitheater so I can definitely see how it'd be annoying for those behind them.

If you're interested in getting a Made With Magic item I'd recommend the wand or Minnie's Headband. They also have a Mickey Glove, but I don't think I saw a single one of those in the wild. The ears are bulky as the others have already pointed out and I really don't like the design on the hat itself.

Purchased the Minnie headband when it was first available. The bow is big and like the Glow With the Show ear hat, the ear band is heavy. And just as annoying to others at a dark event. I wore them once during Wishes and they now grace the mirror in my bedroom at home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom