How Old Were You When The Parents Kicked The Stroller To The Curb

njDizFan

My daughter will be 6 in August and weighs 28lbs...healthy and extremely small..looks like a 3 year old and that is because she was born at 25 weeks...and we do not use it for convenience, we use it because she tires out after walking 2 block at least, her little legs and body can not take it.

Easiest is not always the best choice..but neither is hardest..the best choice is what everyone chooses to do for themselves and their family.

Why it bothers people so much that people put their kids in a stroller at whatever age they choose is beyond me..unless they run you over or cause a real problem for you, it should not matter.

I think a lot of people need to get a life!..If people putting their kids in strollers is causing such turmoil in your lives..then you need some serious mental help!

:wave:
I know Maggie Grace's story, she really is a miracle. That is why I said there are some extremes to the curve. Not saying it is impossible.

Most of us were just stating an opinion, I didn't think I brought anything "ugly" to the thread.

njDizFan

You know what? I DO enjoy the covenience of MY vacation....A stroller is not the easiest choice it's the smartest for ME. You seem to be a rude, obnoxious, person so please refrain from commenting on my responses. When you go on vacation...I hope that you make the "best choice" that is not the easiest for your family. I am sure that your vacation will be a wonderful one. People need to get off their soapboxes and get a life.
Please refrain from responding to my responses on your responses because your responses are not responsible responses.

riogirl

My daughter will be 6 in August and weighs 28lbs...healthy and extremely small..looks like a 3 year old and that is because she was born at 25 weeks...and we do not use it for convenience, we use it because she tires out after walking 2 block at least, her little legs and body can not take it.

Easiest is not always the best choice..but neither is hardest..the best choice is what everyone chooses to do for themselves and their family.

Why it bothers people so much that people put their kids in a stroller at whatever age they choose is beyond me..unless they run you over or cause a real problem for you, it should not matter.

I think a lot of people need to get a life!..If people putting their kids in strollers is causing such turmoil in your lives..then you need some serious mental help!

:wave:

Thank you , thank you , thank you. There are normal people on here...I was getting very worried!:wave:

maggiegrace1

I know Maggie Grace's story, she really is a miracle. That is why I said there are some extremes to the curve. Not saying it is impossible.

Most of us were just stating an opinion, I didn't think I brought anything "ugly" to the thread.

I appreciate that...and my, "people need mental help" was not directed to you, I quoted you because of the weight thing...just to many of the other posters who have been rude, I just do not understand why people care that much..:shrug:

I think so many people feel that they can be rude and mean because of their opinions..having an opinion is one thing..turning it into "ugly" is another.

You never made it ugly..but others did and if someone really lets their vacation be affected by kids in strollers..then something is not right..:shrug:

maggiegrace1

Thank you , thank you , thank you. There are normal people on here...I was getting very worried!:wave:

:lol:

I am not entirely normal..:lol::p but I do not think that what other people choose to do on their vacation should matter to others unless it hurts them...and kids in strollers..regardless of age is not hurting anyone..including the child...:)

SleepingMonk

who cares?

Why does it bother you so much?..I do not get it..:shrug:

I think people care because there are too many strollers in the parks, and too many HUGE strollers on top of that.

So when people see a kid who is most likely over the age of ten, feet dragging the ground, being pushed in a stroller the size of a small SUV they tend to get annoyed.

That kid walking would mean one less stroller to deal with, one less stroller to step over/around, one less stroller to dodge, one less stroller to be pushed out of the way by in the shops, etc...

disneyrcks

I don't have children so maybe that is why I don't notice but I have been trying to think if I noticed the sizes of kids in strollers during my last trip (which was only last week). It is just something that doesn't really even enter my consciousness I guess. Doesn't bother me at all what someone else wants to do with their stroller and their kids. We go to Disney about every 3-4 months and I have never been hit or troubled by someone elses stroller (well except one bus incident but that was more a stupid, rude person thing than a stroller thing).

Like I said I do not have kids so maybe I don't understand but at 4 and 5 years old kids still seem pretty small to me. Also it gets so hot in the sun down there I would rather put my child in a stroller to give them some shade so they aren't exposed to all that heat. :shrug:

maggiegrace1

I think people care because there are too many strollers in the parks, and too many HUGE strollers on top of that.

So when people see a kid who is most likely over the age of ten, feet dragging the ground, being pushed in a stroller the size of a small SUV they tend to get annoyed.

That kid walking would mean one less stroller to deal with, one less stroller to step over/around, one less stroller to dodge, one less stroller to be pushed out of the way by in the shops, etc...

I get that...and I agree that there are many strollers but I really do not see that changing at all..and so if you can not change something..why let it bother you so much?:shrug:

I do not like the fact that people stop in the middle of walkways, or smoke in non designated areas but that does not make me so annoyed I get upset about it..

If people would worry about themselves life would be so much better..:D

disneyrcks

This may be true but in my opinion there is always something and someone to navigate around so I guess I have just never noticed.

WDW 3

If it's not a stroller it's those people that just stop right in front of you or people that walk slowly 3 or 4 across or avoiding cigarette smoke from someone that thinks the whole park is their ashtray or................ In the wise words of SNL's Roseanne Roseannadanna, “It's always something!”

wvdisneyfamily

One of the first things I learned when I became a mom is to cover my ears and do what's best for my son. As long as he is happy, healthy, and well-behaved for his age (i.e. not being rude or disruptive), it's no one else's business. Does his stroller bother people? No one's given me a dirty look or said anything negative. Quite a few times people have commented on what a nice stroller it is because it folds/unfolds fast and takes up little room.

I remember being kidless at Disney World and staring at the huge strollers wondering how on Earth people deal with them. They are pain to fold, store, unfold, push, park, etc...I also remember getting annoyed that some people used their strollers as weapons or refused to move them around to make room for others on crowded transportation.

Honestly, most people that gripe about strollers are actually griping about rude people. Rude people with strollers, wheel chairs, and ECVs are a BAD combination. However, those that are just griping about strollers because they think they know what's best for the kid in it, you don't. You may assume the kid is too old or the parents are lazy. My son is 20 months old and could easily be one of those four or five year olds that need to walk because he is 36 inches and 30 pounds.

And God said! Keep your children in the stroller until they are the ripe age of 15! This way they know God wants them to sit on their butts all day! Praise the lord!

cls4016

Honestly, most people that gripe about strollers are actually griping about rude people. Rude people with strollers, wheel chairs, and ECVs are a BAD combination.

I believe this is one of the most intelligent things said in this post.

We just returned from a trip and noted how considerate people with strollers, no matter the age or size of the child, are not much of a bother. Examples are those not holding up the parking lot trams by either pre-folding the strollers or waiting for another tram while they fold them up away from the loading area, saw several people with umbrella-type strollers with them folded and slung over a shoulder while in a very crowded MK after Wishes, and many people moving through the crowds with consideration for others walking (instead of using them as a battering ram!) This is kind of like a gun debate, its not the stroller, but the people pushing them!

forevermickey

One of the first things I learned when I became a mom is to cover my ears and do what's best for my son. As long as he is happy, healthy, and well-behaved for his age (i.e. not being rude or disruptive), it's no one else's business. Does his stroller bother people? No one's given me a dirty look or said anything negative. Quite a few times people have commented on what a nice stroller it is because it folds/unfolds fast and takes up little room.

I remember being kidless at Disney World and staring at the huge strollers wondering how on Earth people deal with them. They are pain to fold, store, unfold, push, park, etc...I also remember getting annoyed that some people used their strollers as weapons or refused to move them around to make room for others on crowded transportation.

Honestly, most people that gripe about strollers are actually griping about rude people. Rude people with strollers, wheel chairs, and ECVs are a BAD combination. However, those that are just griping about strollers because they think they know what's best for the kid in it, you don't. You may assume the kid is too old or the parents are lazy. My son is 20 months old and could easily be one of those four or five year olds that need to walk because he is 36 inches and 30 pounds.
Well said :) my daughter will be 5 1/2 and we are consciousness stroller owners... and yes it makes our vacations ..including our daughter better... how can any 5 year old walk the park all day... go back to the hotel room for a nap.. yeah right! where the pool is... she will want to swim .... in a world with so many people with different circumstances.... no one will ever agree... I agree that is is the rude or oblivious stroller owner who exude this perception.

MAF

Exactly, there are too many strollers at WDW. Have you ever tried riding the busses at night? There's barely enough room for actual people, but add to that all of the folded up strollers, its absolutely ridiculous. I hate the argument, "it doesn't affect you", uh yeah it kind of does. When you can barely make it around WDW because you have kids in strollers who can walk just fine then there IS a problem. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but don't try to invalidate it either. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I may hate strollers, but they are small change when in comparison to the ECV problem at WDW.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
There was an 8 year pause between 12 and 20. Once I was big enough, I informed my parental units that they had better start strollering me around again or there would be hell to pay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom