How old do you think kids should be before

tigsmom

as old as you want them to be.

Do a search and you will see numerous threads with numerous arguments and opinions on this subject. :lol:

Alexx

Original Poster
as old as you want them to be.

Do a search and you will see numerous threads with numerous arguments and opinions on this subject. :lol:

:lol: okay, cause we plan on taking my nephew to "the world" but we don't know what age would be appropriate to take him.

tigsmom

:lol: okay, cause we plan on taking my nephew to "the world" but we don't know what age would be appropriate to take him.

I've seen newborns at WDW. Princess #1 was 4 when we took her and Princess #2 was about 20 months old on her first trip, they both had great times. People will tell you that young kids don't remember and they are right, but kids live in the moment and if they have a good time thats all that matters to them. Photos and videos capture those memories for everyone to share in the future.
There are those that say to leave little ones home because they don't remember and you are just going for yourself...I don't have that philosophy (though couples should do things for themselves). In this day and age when families spend precious little time together I say take the kids, tailor the trip to their needs and everyone will have some fun together.

I think its great that you want to take your nephew and he will love you for it, no matter what age he is. ((HUGS))

CAPTAIN HOOK

There are threads on here for people taking babes in arms. My youngest was 23 months old when she went for the first time (a bit too young for her to have full enjoyment) and her sister was 5 years old that same trip.

tooltime

we took our two when DD was two and DS was three.

it was a great age and the best trip, they were bouncing with joy like Tigger!

Alexx

Original Poster
My nephew isnt a newborn, he's 23 months (2 years old on June 26th). By our next trip(we're moving house) he should be about 3 or just about to turn 3.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no one right answer for this question. All will depend on you and how you want to do your Disney trips. The big thing to remember is that you are there for them not for you and you will need to adjust your schedule accordingly. If you want to get up at dawn and do the parks commando style until they close then a kid is not going to be able to keep up with that until they are in their mid to late teens. If you slow things down, take time for naps and do what the kid wants to do then no age is too young. I have taken my youngest daughter to the parks since she was 10 days old and every trip has been great.

. People will tell you that young kids don't remember and they are right, but kids live in the moment and if they have a good time thats all that matters to them. Photos and videos capture those memories for everyone to share in the future.
There are those that say to leave little ones home because they don't remember and you are just going for yourself...I don't have that philosophy (though couples should do things for themselves). . ((HUGS))

I totally agree. My daughter is going for the first time when she is 2 and a half. Will she remember it when she is 4 or 20 for that matter... Nope, but then again I don't remember my pre-k experience.

Since it is likely she won't remember, the toddler programs or parks I bring her to does it mean I should just keep her at home? Absolutly, not. They live in the moment. Why not live those moments in Disney World?

Have fun.

maggiegrace1

I took Maggie first at 7 months and then 1 1/2and 2 1/2 and she LOVES IT!

There is so muh your nephew can do and he will have a blast.

Just go on his terms..take breaks and realize that there may be somethings that he may not like and you will not be able to do.

Maggie is not one to sit still for shows so we would take turns and one would keep her and one would go in the show..it worked great for us and we have so many pictures and great memories..:)

Look up my last trip report I made..
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=287126
..and you will see and read how great it was with a child..:)

Alexx

Original Poster
There will be me(15), my mom(46), my dad(48) and my nephew(2) and I reckon he will have a good time. Even if he doesnt remember it, we'll have photos and videos to show him when he's older. We'll take him on our next trip!:sohappy:

tigsmom

There will be me(15), my mom(46), my dad(48) and my nephew(2) and I reckon he will have a good time. Even if he doesnt remember it, we'll have photos and videos to show him when he's older. We'll take him on our next trip!:sohappy:

WooHoo!!
woohoo.gif

You guys will have a great time, there is nothing in the world like seeing WDW through the eyes of a little child.

Alexx

Original Poster
WooHoo!!
woohoo.gif

You guys will have a great time, there is nothing in the world like seeing WDW through the eyes of a little child.

Thats what my mom&dad say when they took me on our first trip, when I was 6 lol.

I can't wait, and when we come back I'll post a TR even though it wont be until next year

Kelsybelle

WooHoo!!
woohoo.gif

Oh, Tigsmom you are sooooo right!!! We took our little girl this past April and she was 20 months old! I bawled when we brought her to the Magic Kingdom for the first time! It was such a thrilling experience for US! I know she won't remember her first trip but it was more for us, plus we'll keep memories of that trip alive with pictures.

I would advise anyone to take their children to WDW anytime after they turn one. I started going to the parks when I was 2, and it has been a wonderful experience for me because I have "grown up" in the parks.

cemeb4dk

My daughter is just about 29 months and she has been there 5 times. 6 if you count the time in he rmommy's belly. ANd we are going again for Thanksgiving. So that will be 6 times for her before she will be three. Will she remember it when she is older, doubtful but maybe some of it. She remembers stuff from her last trip in March. But honestly its not about her memories, its for her enjoyment for the momment and what we are really doing is creating memories for my wife and I, that we definitely remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom