How many reservations do I really need

Francy

Original Poster
First timer - I booked what character meals I could and am trying to research the recommended restaurants, but how many bookings do I really need (non character ones)? Is one a day enough and then we can just wing it the rest of the meals. As there is a cancellation fee, I'm torn between wanting to have a reservation just in case to overbooking and running around trying to make those ones. We have a 3yr old and 6 yr old.

Thanks!

Gig 'Em Mickey

Are you wanting a sit down type meal everyday? They don't all have to be character meals, but that's probably good with the kids. When we do the dining plan we do one a day because well it's included with the plan. The more popular restaraunts will book up early.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
And you do not need all 3 meals sit down either each day. Do one Table service and the other meals quick service(those do not need a reservation except BOG lunch). But any table service you want you definitely need reservations and as long as you cancel them by the day ahead of the Ressie you will not get charged the no show fee. :)

Tinkerbell397

Arriving on November 8 but staying off site for the first time. We are bringing our 20 month old granddaughter so we oped for one sit down meal a day....lunch....because mom is not sure how far and how late she can be pushed and still have a good time. We have early lunches at Yak and Yeti, Via Napoli Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, 1900 Park and Rain Forest Cafe. We plan to eat breakfast at the timeshare and either a quick dinner in the park, or if granddaughter needs, we will go back to the timeshare for dinner.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

JIMINYCR

Those restaurants you are most interested in eating at you definitely want to reserve to ensure you get in and try getting the times you want. Check out the various ratings and menus to see what most appeals to you and your family. Any sit down meals take up more of your time. We try doing only one a day and fill in the other meals with a quick service or just grabbing snack items to stay on the go. With 3 & 6 yo's you might be better off with less booked meals to save on money & their frustration level at sitting still for long times waiting to be served.

dreamfinder

If you want a sit down table service meal at a reasonable time at a certain restaurant, then yes you need to make a reservation. If you are content with CS or QS for the other meals, then have at it. Most people find that have more than one or two TS meals in a day to be excessive. You should almost always be able to find something for a TS restaurant, but you may need to eat at off hours, like at 4PM or 11PM. Resort restaurants, and some of the Epcot WS locations have pretty odds of getting a meal. With kids of that age I'd plan on just the single TS meal a day, and know what the menus of the CS/QS locations are at the park you will be in. That can save valuable time in selecting a location when you are getting hungry.

HouCuseChickie

To OP...in addition to character meals, there are many popular non-character meals as well. Things like 'Ohana dinner, California Grill, Rose & Crown timed with Illumination, etc. can all book up fast. There are many nights where it's hard to find any ADRs at the restaurants inside MK. If you go during a free dining period or go during a busy time around a holiday or spring break...many things that wouldn't seem as popular also book up.

Now, how many TS meals you need is really on you to decide. I like a TS breakfast and TS dinner, someone else may just want 1 TS per day, and someone else may only want a couple of TS for their entire trip. You will be hit with a $10 pp no show fee if you fail to show up to an ADR, so you need to really think about what you want before booking. Still, it's easier to book and cancel within the window than decide last minute that you want something that's hard to get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom