How many of you will buy a "Premier Pass"?

Buying a Premier Pass?

• Yes, I'll definately buy!

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • No, not for me!

Votes: 145 68.7%
  • Maybe, depends?

Votes: 38 18.0%
  • What's a Premier Pass?

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters

prberk

I could have used it last year, but most years, no.

I personally think that a WDW annual pass is expensive enough and should give you Disneyland as a perk. The chances of most people being able to use it is slim, but it might convince someone who wasn't going to go, to go ahead and give DL a try -- more money through hotels and food than they would have gotten in the first place.

They do acknowledge your WDW AP for the hotel discounts, though, at DL. They did that for me in 2008 and 2006. It was very nice. Good idea. It got me to stay at their hotels (and visit their parks) while I was on a trip to LA for other reasons....

Paul

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Mine arrived today :sohappy:

DSC03943.jpg

magic2me

I agree that on the face of it the value isn't bad. I just really wonder how many people out there go to both parks within 12 months. We are pretty hard core Disney fans but there's only one time in the past 10 years that we've gone to both parks in one year and due to the amount of time we spent there buying seperate tickets definately would have been cheaper.

We will have to look at the price when we finalize our plans for next year. Right now we think we will be at DL in the spring (~7 days) and WDW in the fall (~10 days) with a possible 2nd WDW trip in the next spring (again ~10 days). We will have to see if this or a DL only and WDW AP is the better deal for us. I will worry about that next year.

AGentlRose

I was shocked to get ours in the mail today. We do have APs for both WDW and Disneyland, but our DL is not the Premium, but the Deluxe and our WDW APs are just for the theme parks. But the letter came with the Premiere Pass said that since we had both, they were issuing us a Premiere Pass, which will expire on the date of the later expiration. Our DL was due to expire in September and now it will extend to March, 2011.

GrannyJill2

Since I live smack dab in the middle of the country, it wouldn't be a big deal to visit both DL and WDW. But, I found that DL has more of a local park feel, even with the expansion. WDW seems to welcome a wide variety of visitors -- much more fun IMHO. I won't be plunking down the bucks anytime soon.

maconMouse

I just got mine in the mail yesterday too. They're definitely good at enticing me to buy into this. I'm disappointed to learn that there will be no discounts for DVC members. Seems as though that would be a perfect reason to get more use out of the new DVC units at DL's Grand Californian Resort.

Questions. Do Premier Passport holders get the Premium discounts on dining at DL (15% off)? Would Premier Passport holders be eligible for the Tables in Wonderland dining card at WDW (that gives 20% off dining)?

tomman710

You are missing the entire point of this pass. This is not something Disney is going to market heavily or push. Quite honestly, they dont care how succesful this pass is or not. This is just a special, yet small, discount for those that currently have passes to both parks. Consider it more of a "thank you" from Disney to those that currently have passes to both parks by giving them a slightly bigger discount and allowing passholders to both parks to enjoy premium benefits at both places.

They know that its going to be a relatively small population eligible or interested in it. Very few people have the luxury of flying back and forth between both coasts enough to justify an annual pass (let alone have time to spend at both theme parks on both coasts) . Those that do, typically arent going to worry about money as much, so the discount presented as is should be enough. And quite frankly, they arent interested in enticing people like you, who would only by it at an even larger discount, as that isnt the group of people they are looking for.

Since when has Disney not cared about whether a business endeavor is successful or not? I may not be a MENSA but I think every business should want any endeavor to be successful.

But to your point then ... my original comment still stands. If what your saying is true then they still dropped the ball because if this cost only a hundred or at most two hundred over my annual pass then I would have bought it in a second, and I imagine many others would have as well.

I am sure Disney would have liked to have my extra $200 dollars in addition to the thousands of more who would have followed me. And in reality it would have been a very small investment for them.

Tinkermommy

We live in Seattle and have in-laws in Florida, so we usually go to WDW and to DL at least once a year. We have been wishing for a coast to coast pass for a while now, so we are very happy it is here! If you time your trips right, you can just get the pass every other year and still get a great benefit. :sohappy:

Isn't there a DVC member discount? I saw a post that said there isn't, but I thought I read that there will be.....

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Just wanted to bring this thread back from the grave for a second. Anyone else who's got a Premier Passport... how's it going for y'all? I had mine activated last Monday at Disneyland and used it the whole week I was there. First off, they had no idea how to activate it at the ticket booths and had to pull out some book and go step by step. They also told me I needed to keep my WDW AP on me because the systems are different and I'd have to show it whenever I go there. Then there were the discounts. Oh boy, the discounts. It took 5, 10 min. sometime to get them. Apparently the systems just aren't ready for these things yet and it took forever to get the discount going. The CM would have to call someone over, who sometimes had to call someone else over. They scanned it, they swiped it - nothing. I was given Club 33 discounts at dining locations, and I think one guy wound up swiping his cast ID to get a discount. It was pretty time consuming for everyone (myself for waiting, the CMs having to figure it out, and the guests having to wait behind me) and I can't say I was too happy with it. :( They need to get this stuff working. I'll be back in FL and at WDW in a few weeks so I'll be interested to see how it goes there.

AGentlRose

Thanks for the info. We're going to Disneyland in two weeks and I was going to activate my Premier Passport at that time. Since this will probably be our last trip to Disneyland, (Planning to move back to Florida!)and our Disneyland APs are good until September, it might not be worth the hassle.

rainfully

Just wanted to bring this thread back from the grave for a second. Anyone else who's got a Premier Passport... how's it going for y'all? I had mine activated last Monday at Disneyland and used it the whole week I was there. First off, they had no idea how to activate it at the ticket booths and had to pull out some book and go step by step. They also told me I needed to keep my WDW AP on me because the systems are different and I'd have to show it whenever I go there. Then there were the discounts. Oh boy, the discounts. It took 5, 10 min. sometime to get them. Apparently the systems just aren't ready for these things yet and it took forever to get the discount going. The CM would have to call someone over, who sometimes had to call someone else over. They scanned it, they swiped it - nothing. I was given Club 33 discounts at dining locations, and I think one guy wound up swiping his cast ID to get a discount. It was pretty time consuming for everyone (myself for waiting, the CMs having to figure it out, and the guests having to wait behind me) and I can't say I was too happy with it. :( They need to get this stuff working. I'll be back in FL and at WDW in a few weeks so I'll be interested to see how it goes there.

This does not surprise me in the least, as Disney tends to offer things to guests all the time without letting CMs know anything about it, or even the tools to work it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. We're going to Disneyland in two weeks and I was going to activate my Premier Passport at that time. Since this will probably be our last trip to Disneyland, (Planning to move back to Florida!)and our Disneyland APs are good until September, it might not be worth the hassle.
As long as you have the PAP I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I wish they coulda just given me a PAP or something (I had a Deluxe) - woulda made things so much easier. :lol:

This does not surprise me in the least, as Disney tends to offer things to guests all the time without letting CMs know anything about it, or even the tools to work it.
How nice of them. :hammer:

It seemed like a good majority of them had *heard* about it (but had no idea how to get it working). Everyone was so shocked to see the pass in the flesh for the first time and they'd call over other CMs just to look at it and stuff. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom