How many of you will buy a "Premier Pass"?

Buying a Premier Pass?

• Yes, I'll definately buy!

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • No, not for me!

Votes: 145 68.7%
  • Maybe, depends?

Votes: 38 18.0%
  • What's a Premier Pass?

Votes: 14 6.6%

• Total voters

RSoxNo1

It really depends on what we can apply to it. We are sitting on 7 day base tickets from our last trip that we didn't use because we had annual passes to WDW. Our WDW annuals are set to renew this month, so I'd be interested to see if we can renew the WDW annual, save the $40, and then upgrade to the premier pass so that we have a 15 month premier pass. It would be even better if we could apply the 7 day base ticket to the premier pass as well. I've got a phone call to make tonight.

durangojim

Original Poster
It really depends on what we can apply to it. We are sitting on 7 day base tickets from our last trip that we didn't use because we had annual passes to WDW. Our WDW annuals are set to renew this month, so I'd be interested to see if we can renew the WDW annual, save the $40, and then upgrade to the premier pass so that we have a 15 month premier pass. It would be even better if we could apply the 7 day base ticket to the premier pass as well. I've got a phone call to make tonight.

How would you get a 15 month pass?

fosse76

I've never had any particular desire to visit Disneyland but the new pass might change my mind...

Buying a pass jus because you might visit Disneyland wouldn't save you any money. You'd be better off buying separate admission to Disneyland. The value in this pass in in the extra perks (waterparks, DisneyQuest, etc.). From a theme parks-only perspective this isn't a good deal at all. So if the added benefits are your thing, then you'd have nothing to lose. This is definitely something that might be beneficial for a few, but I doubt the demand is really that high for this kind of ticket (hence the high price).

AGentlRose

I currently have an AP for both parks. For Disneyland, we have the deluxe APs (some dates are blacked out, no free parking -- but we stay at a Disneyland hotel so don't need it) and for WDW we have the regular AP The price of both APs added together cost less than the Premier AP, so this particular ticket media wouldn't interest me.

DizFanatic

I think it's a great idea for the lucky people who will visit both resorts within a year. If airfare wasn't so much, I would definitely do it. Maybe in the future...

mpaul32001

I'm one of the people that have a pass on both coasts. Very excited about my free pass!

I'm a WDW local and hit Disneyland twice a year for 7 days per visit. It's nice with the free parking and discounts and definitely worth it!

It'll pay for itself!

RSoxNo1

There are no discounts on this. This includes DVC discounts. This is per the comments on the disney parks blog.

There is no renewal discount, I called both Disneyland and Disney World today and they didn't really have a lot of answers - they were keeping track of questions today for when they go live with it tomorrow.

Some of the questions that I asked. If you have a renewed pass and you upgrade do you have to pay back the renewal price - I was told yes, but I'm not sure that's correct. My assumption is that the pass would have to be treated like a new purchase so the purchase price of a renewed annual pass will fray the cost of $449 of the $700 not $489.

I'll be calling back over the next day or two to get all the information I need, but it sounds like you will need to necessitate the purchase of the base annual passes for both parks to get the appropriate value. We are looking at needing a Disney World annual, and a 6 day Disneyland pass, but my Renewal price of the Disney World Annual ($449) and the 6 day Disneyland Pass ($214) means I wouldn't get enough out of the Premier Pass

nepalostparks

Not for me!

As much as I would like to travel to both several times every year, it's just not in the cards. At least at this point in my life. Especially since I'm back in school finishing my degree, and only working part time... my travel funds are tight as toast, so trips anywhere this year, Disney or otherwise, are looking to be out of the picture.

markc

We are looking at needing a Disney World annual, and a 6 day Disneyland pass, but my Renewal price of the Disney World Annual ($449) and the 6 day Disneyland Pass ($214) means I wouldn't get enough out of the Premier Pass

Remember though, your 6 day Disneyland pass does not include free parking, nor the dining discounts (10% at almost all locations, both counter service and table) as well as merchandise discounts. Assuming you are parking for those 6 days at Disneyland, that alone justifies the purchase of at least one premier pass in the family.

markc

I currently have an AP for both parks. For Disneyland, we have the deluxe APs (some dates are blacked out, no free parking -- but we stay at a Disneyland hotel so don't need it) and for WDW we have the regular AP The price of both APs added together cost less than the Premier AP, so this particular ticket media wouldn't interest me.

I might be missing something here, but with tax, the cost of a WDW AP (Non FL) Renual pass is $478.19 and the cost to renew a Disneyland deluxe AP is $270 with tax. You'd be paying more to renew both separately, then you would just to buy the one pass, which includes merch and food discounts at DL, free parking at DL, and the water parks/Disney Quest at WDW. In this situation, you seem to be the candidate for this pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom