How many of you married people

bork

My wife and I were married on September 30th, 2000. We waited until November for our Honeymoon to get cheaper prices and smaller crowds. Offseason specials and APs allowed us to stay for 2 weeks (Nov 4th-18th). We stayed at the Polynesian during the first week and Dixie Landings Alligator Bayou the 2nd week. The Polynesian Resort is so beautiful and romantic, we hope to go back there some day when we can afford it again (Silver Anniversary?). Dixie Landings was a step down, but the Alligator Bayou section was very quiet and secluded.

We did 9 days at the WDW parks. It was so special being able to take our time and just enjoy everything at a slower pace (We typically do the commado thing over a 4 day period). There are so many things to see and enjoy when you take your time. We also tried many of the restaurants instead of the usual counter service. We did Cindy's, Artist's Point, Kona Cafe (One of our favorites), San Angel Inn, Crystal Palace CB, Poly Luau, Fultan's Crab House, 'Ohana CB, and the Sci Fi diner.

The only problem we had was that my wife got food poisoning on the flight there, so we had to reschedule our Luau from the first night to later in the trip. Otherwise, it was a magical honeymoon.

We also got Universal APs and did 3 days there and 1 day at Sea World (we really enjoyed Sea World). We did Medieval Times Dinner show and we saw Carrot Top at the Hard Rock.

Because of the APs, we were able to go back for our 1 year anniversary for a week at the All Star Music.

This year was our last trip for a while. The next one will be when our one month old son is a little older. Then we'll be seeing the world through a whole new set of eyes. :)

Officer Tigger

Our Honeymoon

We stayed in one of the honeymoon suites at the Grand Floridian back in April 1998. It was my first trip to the world since the 1970's. Our room had a view of the wedding chapel across the lake. We could also see the castle from a deck next to our room. No one ever used it and it was a great place for us to grab a snack from the concierge level and just enjoy the sights around us.
The hotel was stay was great! The concierges desk greeted us every morning by name. That made the stay seem very special.
We had a wonderful dinner at Victoria's and Albert's. The best dinner experience I ever had. We also sat at the honeymoon table at the Hoop Dee Doo, table 13, dead center stage. They made us get up and dance together. It was a lot of fun.
That week was also the grand opening for the Animal Kingdom. It was really exciting to see all the stuff on the news. It also made the other parks less crowded and easier to move around.

Smee

Well I feel like a senior citizen when I read some of these wedding and honeymoon dates.

Our wedding was October 11, 1980 and we honeymooned at Disney and Daytona Beach. Back then there was only Magic Kingdom and River Country. We stayed offsite as the cost of Poly or Contemporary (the only 2 resorts open then) was too much for us then. We stayed at the Hyatt (now out of business) in Kissimee.

We got our ticket book in advance and set off into the MK. Our 3 day pass cost something like $35. Our first attraction was Tiki Room and for many return trips it was our traditional first ride (until Splash Mountain opened). We burned right through the C,D&E tickets and bought more. We thought River Country was just great. Remember this was the first themed waterpark anywhere, we had never seen anything like it before.

I remember it seemed like we had the park to ourselves, crowds were very low. I also recall that a huge construction project was in progress at the time, we found out later this was to be Epcot and we vowed to return when it was finished. We spent 4 days in Orlando and 3 at Daytona. Even then we were amazed at the size of Disney World and look at it today.

Next year for our 25th, we plan to return.

TashaSW

Hi :)

My Husband and I got married in Disneyland in June 2003. All was great! I got to ride in Cinderella's couch and it was so neat! We are both in our 20s and had a great time EXCEPT
The only sad thing was the cake made me sick to my stomach :-( (The BUTTERCREAM frosting was made with a lot of shorting so it was hard on my stomach) So our honeymoon, which was also in Disney was so so lol

Mother Nature was nice :) lol cloudy out and treatened to rain but it didn't which was good since the wedding was outside!!

Later this month, we are going back to disney and I told my husband "This time no evil cake. This will be our better honeymoon" and he said ok!! hehe

Ive been to WDW every year (sometimes twice a year) of my childhood and teen years.. Last year was my frist to disneyland so that was a nice change. Also it was special for my husband who never even been to a disney park.. The closest he got to disney was the Disney Store.

Tasha :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Smee said:
Well I feel like a senior citizen when I read some of these wedding and honeymoon dates.

Our wedding was October 11, 1980 and we honeymooned at Disney and Daytona Beach. Back then there was only Magic Kingdom and River Country. We stayed offsite as the cost of Poly or Contemporary (the only 2 resorts open then) was too much for us then. We stayed at the Hyatt (now out of business) in Kissimee.

Next year for our 25th, we plan to return.

Careful how you say that, but I know what you mean :lol: :lol:

DonaldDuckette

My husband and I were married December 2001, and when I said I wanted to have a Disney honeymoon- my husband siad he knew that's all I'd ever want! After all, Epcot let's you enjoy the best of the world in one shot. We stayed at the Grand Floridan Honeymoon suite. Had the best time! So much so that my husband surprised me one morning that he had book an extra 4 days!!!!!!!!!! Making a total 10 day trip! So great! We did everything as if $ wasn't an issue, cause it may be the only time we can indulge in such a way! The "mouse boats" we rented were the most fun!
We're going on the Disney Magic cruise (1st time) in Oct. Can't wait- it's my 30th b-day present!
We plan on renewing our vows at our 25th anniversay at WDW!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom