Pre-Trip "How Many More Days", No POTC, & Lots of Firsts....PTR

My first (Pre) Trip Report! We are headed back to the world for my 7th trip in May!! I honestly think I am the most excited out of my family. Nobody quite gets my fascination with all things Disney. Guess its stems from my childhood.... you could say I am a bit nostalgic! This first post will be long, but once you get to know me, you will discover I am long winded and don’t know the meaning of the phrase ”to make a long story short”. My motto is, “to make a long story even longer”.... but I am just a very detail oriented person!

When: May 26th-June 3rd

Where: Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room (1st time at this resort)

How: Flying Delta from St Louis to MCO round-trip with layovers in Atlanta. Arriving at 3:22 pm and on the day we leave, departure is at 7:30pm!

Who
: A sarcastic, funny loving family from the Midwest!! Me (33 year old mom-34 at the time of travel), Mr. Linux (my 36 year old, IT loving, hunky hubby), Zoey (9 year old CM In-training), Blake (6 year old son on the Autism Spectrum). This will be our third trip as a whole family.

What(s): We have the Disney Dining Plan, and 8 day Park Hopper tickets as well as the Memory Maker.

Why: One last trip before we have a child in the double digits that costs the same as her parents!! Can someone say, Star Wars Weekend?!?!?!?!?! And because we haven’t been on vacation in almost 3 years!

Celebrations: My 34th birthday (5/19) and our 11th Anniversary (5/14)

Here is our plan as of now. Fastpass availability may change this, but I think that I have finally tweaked our touring plan and ADR’s to our liking.

Tuesday, May 26th
· Arrival Day! Arrive at MCO from St Louis at 3:22 pm. Plan to check out resort and take boat to DTD for food and shopping.

Wednesday, May 27th
· Magic Kingdom for Rope Drop (Park opens at 9 am), Ride as much as we can w/out fastpasses before noon.
· 12:15pm Lunch at Be our Guest

Thursday, May 28th
· Hollywood Studios for Rope drop-hoping to get kiddos signed up for Jedi Training Academy!
· Head to Epcot Mid afternoon via boat.
· 10:30 am Star Wars Galactic Breakfast
· 7:05 pm Dinner at Coral Reef

Friday, May 29th

· Animal Kingdom for Rope Drop; mid afternoon head back to the hotel.
· Epcot in the evening for ADR and EMH.
· 7:30 pm Dinner at Teppan Edo

Saturday, May 30th
· VERY EARLY MORNING ADR!!
· Leave for Magic Kingdom by 6:45 am!!
· Plan to head back to the resort to relax most of the day, nap, swim. Then head back to MK around 7/8 pm for Wishes and stay for EMH.
· 8:10 am Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table

Sunday, May 31st
· This is our FREE CHOICE DAY! No Fastpasses will be scheduled in Advance (well maybe a few days). This day will depend on what the kids are in the mood to do. And of course sleeping in from the 2 am EMH the night before! Will probably hit up AK for sure and then DTD or resort or another park.

Monday, June 1st
· Epcot in the morning. No rush this morning. May park hop to HS late in the day for EMH that evening. Planning to enjoy the Boardwalk too J
· 1:30 pm Lunch at Tutto Italia

Tuesday, June 2nd
· EMH at Epcot (8am-9am)
· Boat to HS mid afternoon
· Working around ADR’s this day. Hoping to catch Fantasmic this night since we have never seen it.
· 10:55 am Buffet at Chef Mickey’s
· 7:30 pm Dinner at 50’s Prime Time Cafe

Wednesday, June 3rd
· The day we leave.
· Planning to go to MK and DTD this day. Have to be back at POR around 4 to catch DME back to airport. Going to schedule FP’s at MK for morning.

FASTPASSES
(This is the plan as our 60-day window has not opened yet)

5/27: Magic Kingdom
1. Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet
2. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3. Splash Mountain

5/28: Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Star Tours
3. Tower of Terror

5/29: Animal Kingdom
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Expedition Everest
3. Kali River Rapids

5/30: Magic Kingdom
1. Space Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Wishes

5/31: FREE CHOICE DAY

6/1: Epcot
1. Soarin’
2. Mission Space
3. Spaceship Earth

6/2: Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Star Tours
3. Tower of Terror
*edited because I realized I put Fantasmic and TSM as Fastpasses

6/3: Magic Kingdom (Kid’s choices)
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Splash Mountain
3. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom