Pre-Trip "How Many More Days", No POTC, & Lots of Firsts....PTR

My first (Pre) Trip Report! We are headed back to the world for my 7th trip in May!! I honestly think I am the most excited out of my family. Nobody quite gets my fascination with all things Disney. Guess its stems from my childhood.... you could say I am a bit nostalgic! This first post will be long, but once you get to know me, you will discover I am long winded and don’t know the meaning of the phrase ”to make a long story short”. My motto is, “to make a long story even longer”.... but I am just a very detail oriented person!

When: May 26th-June 3rd

Where: Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room (1st time at this resort)

How: Flying Delta from St Louis to MCO round-trip with layovers in Atlanta. Arriving at 3:22 pm and on the day we leave, departure is at 7:30pm!

Who
: A sarcastic, funny loving family from the Midwest!! Me (33 year old mom-34 at the time of travel), Mr. Linux (my 36 year old, IT loving, hunky hubby), Zoey (9 year old CM In-training), Blake (6 year old son on the Autism Spectrum). This will be our third trip as a whole family.

What(s): We have the Disney Dining Plan, and 8 day Park Hopper tickets as well as the Memory Maker.

Why: One last trip before we have a child in the double digits that costs the same as her parents!! Can someone say, Star Wars Weekend?!?!?!?!?! And because we haven’t been on vacation in almost 3 years!

Celebrations: My 34th birthday (5/19) and our 11th Anniversary (5/14)

Here is our plan as of now. Fastpass availability may change this, but I think that I have finally tweaked our touring plan and ADR’s to our liking.

Tuesday, May 26th
· Arrival Day! Arrive at MCO from St Louis at 3:22 pm. Plan to check out resort and take boat to DTD for food and shopping.

Wednesday, May 27th
· Magic Kingdom for Rope Drop (Park opens at 9 am), Ride as much as we can w/out fastpasses before noon.
· 12:15pm Lunch at Be our Guest

Thursday, May 28th
· Hollywood Studios for Rope drop-hoping to get kiddos signed up for Jedi Training Academy!
· Head to Epcot Mid afternoon via boat.
· 10:30 am Star Wars Galactic Breakfast
· 7:05 pm Dinner at Coral Reef

Friday, May 29th

· Animal Kingdom for Rope Drop; mid afternoon head back to the hotel.
· Epcot in the evening for ADR and EMH.
· 7:30 pm Dinner at Teppan Edo

Saturday, May 30th
· VERY EARLY MORNING ADR!!
· Leave for Magic Kingdom by 6:45 am!!
· Plan to head back to the resort to relax most of the day, nap, swim. Then head back to MK around 7/8 pm for Wishes and stay for EMH.
· 8:10 am Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table

Sunday, May 31st
· This is our FREE CHOICE DAY! No Fastpasses will be scheduled in Advance (well maybe a few days). This day will depend on what the kids are in the mood to do. And of course sleeping in from the 2 am EMH the night before! Will probably hit up AK for sure and then DTD or resort or another park.

Monday, June 1st
· Epcot in the morning. No rush this morning. May park hop to HS late in the day for EMH that evening. Planning to enjoy the Boardwalk too J
· 1:30 pm Lunch at Tutto Italia

Tuesday, June 2nd
· EMH at Epcot (8am-9am)
· Boat to HS mid afternoon
· Working around ADR’s this day. Hoping to catch Fantasmic this night since we have never seen it.
· 10:55 am Buffet at Chef Mickey’s
· 7:30 pm Dinner at 50’s Prime Time Cafe

Wednesday, June 3rd
· The day we leave.
· Planning to go to MK and DTD this day. Have to be back at POR around 4 to catch DME back to airport. Going to schedule FP’s at MK for morning.

FASTPASSES
(This is the plan as our 60-day window has not opened yet)

5/27: Magic Kingdom
1. Anna & Elsa Meet and Greet
2. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3. Splash Mountain

5/28: Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Star Tours
3. Tower of Terror

5/29: Animal Kingdom
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
2. Expedition Everest
3. Kali River Rapids

5/30: Magic Kingdom
1. Space Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Wishes

5/31: FREE CHOICE DAY

6/1: Epcot
1. Soarin’
2. Mission Space
3. Spaceship Earth

6/2: Hollywood Studios
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Star Tours
3. Tower of Terror
*edited because I realized I put Fantasmic and TSM as Fastpasses

6/3: Magic Kingdom (Kid’s choices)
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Splash Mountain
3. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

Last edited:

jlthomas81

Original Poster
So, the pre-packing has commenced! Due to the next month of chaos, I have already started collecting things in a laundry basket that I know we won't need (or wear) between now and trip time. So I took a few pictures of some of the kids clothes.

A few years ago we were introduced into the world of kid's up-cycle clothing. Mostly dresses that are completely created and imagined just from using a new or used t-shirt! We started collecting some of these dresses for my daughter months ago, and now she has a cute collection for our trip!

A super cute Epcot tank dress :)

2015-04-20 10.17.05.jpg

This Frozen halter :)

2015-04-20 10.17.51.jpg

This one of a kind Cinderella beauty!

2015-04-20 10.18.38.jpg

This neon R2-D2!!

2015-04-20 10.19.14.jpg

Another Frozen beauty!

2015-04-20 10.20.22.jpg

And of course this cute applique Jedi Mickey for my son!

2015-04-20 10.21.37.jpg

I also just read on another forum that POTC will actually not be going down for refurb until June 8th....which means we may actually get to ride it this trip! Of course, I have not seen the sad state of the ride that everyone talks about. I really hope that we can get at least one enjoyable experience out of it!

Well, back to the busy day! Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and thanks again for reading along!

jlthomas81

Original Poster
Sorry for two posts back to back, but I completely forgot to write half of my post on the last one! I have a story to share with you about our weekend!

So, we live in Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, MO. This year we decided to get season tickets to Six Flags because we got a great deal and we usually go at least one or twice a summer. So we decided to go this past Saturday as it was a really nice day.

We talked the night before with our son (who is autistic) and had him watch a few YouTube videos. He even made a list of the rides he wanted to ride. Everything was going along fine when we got there. Until he decided he wanted to ride American Thunder, a very large wooden roller coaster. We walked up to the que, only to discover that our son, who is 47" tall, is too short to ride. This threw him into a meltdown which lasted a good 10 minutes and he proclaimed over and over again that he wanted to leave. I finally got him calmed down and we walked over to ride the Log Flume ride. He loved it, and even wanted to ride it again, but we convinced him to go off and find some food and ride a few other things first. He decided as we were walking by a pendulum style ride, that he wanted to ride that next. Neither my husband or daughter wanted to ride it, so my son and I got in line and walked right on. I let him pick the seat and he seemed really happy going in. And then the ride started. Within 30 seconds, I could feel my stomach doing somersaults. By the look on my son's face, he was not very happy by the feelings he was getting from this ride. As I sat there, and thought about how I was feeling, I imagined that this ride must be giving him a sensory overload. As soon as we were off, he started running from me and screaming that he was done. He wanted to go home. And I knew we had lost him.

My husband and I took turns riding things with our daughter until it was time to leave. At one point, while we were waiting, my sin told me that he didn't want to go to Disney World anymore. That he wanted to stay home with Poppy. Now mind you, he has been before, when he was 3. He rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad so many times that trip that he probably holds some record or something. But because of that one ride causing him sensory overload, he now sees every ride and attraction that way.

So here we are 5 weeks out from our trip, and my 6 year old is now saying he is afraid to go to Disney World. I am hoping and praying that things will turn around between now and then. :cry:

mrdrift

So exciting that your trip is not to far way now. We had the same issue with my son and now he is 15 and still not riding anything coasters. I finally have him trying some on our next trip. Following along.

12in12

Sorry your son is so stressed about going. I hope he will be able to realise that WDW offers a lot more than just rides. I don't know your son but hope once he knows some of his favourite things are at WDW as well, he can be excited about going again. Even if it is just looking forward to swimming in the pool or having a mickey shaped pretzel.

jlthomas81

Original Poster
So, I have a bit to update since my last post!

My mother and step-father have a trip planned with my aunt and uncle to go to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area from May 23-28. Since they don't fly, they will be driving back through Orlando on their way home. I have been begging and pleading them to join us for one day/night while at Disney, and last week (with a little bribing to pay for their one day tickets) they decided to get a night at POR with us and enjoy the day at Epcot! I am so excited as the last time I was at Disney with my mom I was 9! Then, for the cherry on top, my brother who is stationed in the National Guard in Savannah, GA, plans to come down for a day or two, hopefully at the same time. Looking forward to those family photos in front of Spaceship Earth :happy:

But, while trying to finagle Fastpasses and dinner reservations to accommodate their stay, I goofed up big! Like in a way only Goofy could goof up!

Whilst in a hurry to rearrange my Fastpasses online, I somehow managed to only change them for myself and not the rest of my family. After going back in to add them, I couldn't and found that even their original Fastpasses were now gone. I was the only one with Fastpasses on the day in question. I immediately called Disney. After an hour on the phone with an extremely helpful and patient Cast Member, the IT department was able to track my usage of the site and showed that it was indeed some kind of glitch and awarded the rest of my party Fastpasses to match mine. That was a huge relief considering some of the Fastpasses we lost were TSMM, my son's favorite attraction! So, Disney crisis averted thankfully!

Blake seems to be back on board with Walt Disney World again. He loves the app on our smart TV and watched videos from the Parks all the time. He still has his reservations, but I anticipate that all changing when we get there!

Our Magic Bands arrived and we already decorated and sized them!

Magic Bands.jpg

Two weeks from tomorrow! Which means its time to get the luggage out and start tossing stuff in! Cannot believe we are so close. I can already taste the Nutella Waffle Sandwich and the Mickey Ice cream bars!

jlthomas81

Original Poster
wow... just 4 days left! Almost there!!

We actually have 5 sleeps :) And yes, I am counting!! Getting things ready to be packed. Having dreams and daily thoughts about Disney! Talking to the kids about what they are most looking forward to doing and the food! Ahh! Its too much! Tuesday cannot get here quick enough!

jlthomas81

Original Poster
Be sure to read my Trip report when we get back! There will be a nice element of surprise in there for ya!!

FlaggNL

We actually have 5 sleeps :) And yes, I am counting!! Getting things ready to be packed. Having dreams and daily thoughts about Disney! Talking to the kids about what they are most looking forward to doing and the food! Ahh! Its too much! Tuesday cannot get here quick enough!

So when you read this another night is slept away :) Great to have the dreams and the thoughts :) We are 147 days away and already have the dreams and the thoughts.... pre feelings are so great!! What are the kids most looking for? And hej before you know it, it will be tuesday :)

jlthomas81

Original Poster
Well, we have been mainly asking them about what they want to do first. We will be in Magic Kingdom the first day and our FP's aren't until late afternoon early evening. So Blake wants to do Buzz Lightyear first and Zoey wants to do Big Thunder Mountain Railroad first. They both can't wait for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Toy Story Midway Mania is Blake's favorite attraction. So we are going to HS on the second day and have FP's for it right away! Spaceship Earth is a family favorite (even though we only rode it for the first time our last trip!), so we are all looking forward to that one. Oh, and my daughter has been doing research on Google of all the shopping places at Downtown Disney, so I think that is something she is looking forward to as well!

Yes, the next four days are going to fly by as we have so much to do!!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Woooo have a great time, I am off there in Sept and can't wait. That Passporter book looks excellent, will have to get one for my trip so i can keep everything together as last time in 2012 some of my tickets etc went walkies :(

jlthomas81

Original Poster
We are here and enjoying every minute! Our room is very nice. Probably won't start my trip report until we actually return, unless I get some down time :) Magic Kingdom tomorrow. If I see any big updates I'll try and post those.

jlthomas81

Original Poster
Just returned home!! Got to see the new turrets today that they installed overnight, and found them hiding just outside the Magic Kingdom yesterday. Hoping to get the Trip Report started tomorrow night or Friday. Will post here when I do :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom