How many miles did you put on the shoes?

Cmdr_Crimson

I can't recall how much I walked. But, I do know that I bought a new pair of shoes to use for my trip and two weeks later I hardly had a tread on the bottoms of them since the wore out..

HouCuseChickie

We had a short trip in 2016 where I wore my running watch. We were averaging 16,500 steps per day. We only had three park days that trip. All in all, it came just under 50,000 steps in 3 days. We were closer to 11,000 steps on our tow non-park days. I didn't want to run the battery down, so I never turned on the GPS to track mileage.

JustAFan

I track with my phone (Samsung Galaxy). These were my daily miles from our last trip to WDW:

And somehow I don't lose any weight. Maybe it's the dining plan? :-D

OG Runner

I don't have a specific number handy, but the last four times I have gone to WDW, it has been to run the Marathon.
Once you have done that, you begin to start trying to figure it out when you are there. I mean, I know from England,
in the World Showcase to the side of Spaceship Earth is about 1.1 miles. It really is amazing how far you go in a day,
especially if you are park hopping.

Some time ago, I took a pedometer with me and looked into this. The highest mileage total was in excess of 11. That was on a day when I began in EPCOT and ended at MGM via the walkway around the Yacht Club area. I don't have a scientific measurement of that walkway, but I believe that's over a mile in of itself.

EPCOT days always had the highest totals. Most of my days were somewhere between 8-10. I'm surprised they don't have a Run Disney event around EPCOT, since it would be easy enough to plan out given the spaciousness of the park.

I am a distance runner so these long distances don't bother me. In fact, they help me maintain my running progress. However, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of wearing good athletic shoes to the parks!

Note that my totals are lower than some since I traditionally will go back to the resort in the afternoon and swim during the heat of the day. Maybe I should rent a bike down there for a while, run that access road between Yacht Club and MGM, and do my own improvised sprint triathlon after I get out of the pool next time just for fun (since the sprint tri as a morning workout honestly is a ton of fun).

Weather_Lady

According to my phone step-counter, my family walked 7-12 miles per [full, non-travel] day on our last WDW trip. In general, if we visited one park, we logged 7-9 miles, and if we park-hopped, it was 10-12 miles. Epcot and AK required more steps to cover than the other parks, of course, due to their bigger size. I'm sure some families walk even more: we tried to save some steps by touring lands in the order we encountered them and not criss-crossing parks, and we used alternative transportation (like taking the WDW Railroad instead of walking across the MK) whenever possible.

thomas998

We usually do between 9 and 12 miles per day depending on which parks we do, MK days tend to be the longest. Studios days would probably be our fewest miles but because we always do Studios as a half day and don't bother to track the steps by park I can only imagine we would probably only do 4 or 5 miles in Studios maybe even less as our least steps came on a day with Studios and EPCOT...

I guess now I'll have to track the actual steps by park next time just to find out the answer... maybe factor in hours spent at each park so I can come up with a hourly rate as well.... Or maybe I can just forget about this by the time we go next time so I can enjoy the place more and not get sidetracked into creating spreadsheets for steps.

Sam Lapp

I have kept track the past couple of years. I usually run 5 miles in the am so I don't count those. I would say on average for a full day 9-11 miles. It's always fun to keep track of the steps as well.

RyanWDW

In the Parks
Yes
Last year at Disneyland and California Adventure, we managed 17 miles in day! That’s still my ‘high score’ though...

I usually walk about 12-14 miles a day on a normal trip to Epcot

Nnelsonmandela

I took a day resort hopping, without entering a park. I did the monorail resorts loop, and walked around the Boardwalk area. I walked 14 miles that day and it was glorious!

Psalpha2016

At DLP and Disneyland California I walk 11 to 15 miles a day because the two parks are close together at each location. At WDW, 8 to 12 miles a day.

spock8113

Waaaay back, long, long ago (1990) in a theme park far,far away, we used a "Pedometer".
For those of you who don't know what that is? It's a little meter that straps to your waist and counts your steps (programmed distance) over the course of a day. It's mechanical not electronic, sorry.

For brevity's sake: we did 10 to 12 miles a park. Sounds average from what FitBitters are saying.

The only problem we had was finding our trail of crumbs back to the main gate!

coloradog1

Here were our counts from last time:

Day 1 Hollywood Studios - 10.12 miles
Day 2 Animal Kingdom 11.13 miles
Day 3 EPCOT 9.08 miles
Day 4 Disney Springs 5.13 miles
Day 5 Magic Kingdom 7.9 miles
Day 6 EPCOT 10.34 miles
Day 7 Kennedy 6.55 miles
Day 8 Universal 8.24 miles
Day 9 Sea World 9.1 miles
Day 10 Islands of Adventure 8.92 miles
Day 11 Universal 10.27 miles
Day 12 City Walk 2.56 miles
Day 13 Universal and Islands 6.61 miles

Total - 106 miles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom