How many fast pass can you end up with each day

Claretstevo

Original Poster
Morning everyone. First post here for me. Just a quick question.

I know under the new system you get 3 fast passes and once you have used them you can get a rotating one.

I would like to know from anyone who has used the system, how many fast passes can you end up with in one day? Does 4 tend to be the limit or can people get 6,7,8?

Thanks in advance

ratherbeinwdw

Morning everyone. First post here for me. Just a quick question.

I know under the new system you get 3 fast passes and once you have used them you can get a rotating one.

I would like to know from anyone who has used the system, how many fast passes can you end up with in one day? Does 4 tend to be the limit or can people get 6,7,8?

Thanks in advance
You can get 6 or more, but by the time you get finished with the fourth or fifth, there's nothing needing a fastpass left.

TomHendricks

We were able to get 6 at the MK, 5 at Hollywood Studios and 4 at EPCOT. A lot of it depends on the timing of your initial 3 FP+. With the MK, all 3 of our original 3 FP+ were before noon and it was open for late extra magic hours.

I highly recommend that you make your initial 3 FP+ for as early as you can, that allows you get additional FP+

Claretstevo

Original Poster
When you got 5 at Hollywood Studios can I ask what you got your extra 2 foe please?

We are making our fast pass choices in 2 days and I'm thinking about strategy.

We are unsure if we should make our fast passes early so we can get another few passes. Or make them in the afternoon while the lines are the longest as we will have shorter lines first thing.

Our goal is to ride the more popular rides as many times as we can.

disney4life2008

When you got 5 at Hollywood Studios can I ask what you got your extra 2 foe please?

We are making our fast pass choices in 2 days and I'm thinking about strategy.

We are unsure if we should make our fast passes early so we can get another few passes. Or make them in the afternoon while the lines are the longest as we will have shorter lines first thing.

Our goal is to ride the more popular rides as many times as we can.

That is a conundrum of this system. I typically do the same at HS. Arrive at open, do TSMM (then get a paper FP) for return later); then ToT and RnRC (typically by the 3rd is done I can get another paper FP for either). But with FP+ you can select earlier times but to an extent its almost wasteful because in most cases - the standby lines are not bad if there at rope drop. I would say the only exceptions would be Mine Train and TSMM. The other problem (I think) is that you are locked into the park until your 3 are complete then you can do additional ones at another park or in the same.

I am interested in hearing the strategies of others - I can make my reservations in a few days as well

SAV

I'll be there in a week and I have made all 3 of my FP+'s for as early as I can get them. Then that frees me up to pick up others as the day goes on. We'll see how that works out.

G8rchamps

I plan to see Captain EO hourly from like noon on once I've used my first three. What has two thumbs and used 11 passes in one day....this EO guy.....

rotating 4th fast pass is a joke!?@#?!?@$#!?

Claretstevo

Original Poster
Do you mean that there when using your rotating fastpass there are only the not so popular rides available?

So in Epcot there would only be Captain EO?

is this the case for all parks? Or could you end up getting another fastpass for say Tower of Terror?

dadddio

Don't forget that you can adjust your FP times. Schedule your three FP+s for as early as possible.

Once you have scanned into the FP+ line at the first ride, see if you can adust your second (and then third) FP+ for an earlier time. You may be able to schedule that second one for only five minutes later than the current time. Once you scan into the FP+ line for FP+ #2, do the same thing for the third FP+.

So now it's still super early in the day and you've used your three FP+s. Schedule another one. Keep in mind that earlier FP+ times are more valuable to you than later FP+ times. Also, remember that FP+s can come available during the day, so check occasionally to see if their is an earlier time available or if their is a FP+ available soon for that ride that you are about to get into the SB line for.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We were in Epcot at 10 am this morning. There was a sign at the FP+ kiosk of the availability for each FP+ attraction. No available FP+ for Maelstrom, Mission Space or Illuminations and VERY LIMITED (in all caps) availability for Test Track and Soarin'. So getting additional FP+ after your initial 3 (or for day guests arriving that morning) would be for attractions you probably wouldn't want (EO, anyone?)

slappy magoo

Don't forget that you can adjust your FP times. Schedule your three FP+s for as early as possible.

Or does it make sense to try to push the times off a little later? Not much, but if a park opens up at 9, start your FP+s at 10:30 and concentrate them if possible? This way you can spend the first 90 minutes riding attractions before lines build up, THEN use the FP+s and THEN get more FPs?

I've yet to use the system. I'm not arguing my way is better, I'm asking if this has any validity.

dadddio

The beauty of having them start a little later is that it gives you more flexibility to sleep in, in my opinion. Beyond that, its just a question of whether you will be able to get the best FP+s later in the day so that you can never actually have to wait in a significant SB line.

cw1982

The beauty of having them start a little later is that it gives you more flexibility to sleep in, in my opinion. Beyond that, its just a question of whether you will be able to get the best FP+s later in the day so that you can never actually have to wait in a significant SB line.

This. Exactly.

FWIW, I'm here at WDW now and in two days I haven't needed more than three passes. Ours have started right after lunch, and by the time I've gotten through them and done other things that had less wait in between passes, it's either time for dinner or we're finding even more attractions with decent (20 minutes or less) waits. The wait times on the app are a huge help. We've done a little backtracking around the parks but I'm good with that.

I've also found that I like not having too many passes at a time. It's given me just enough security to know I'll get to enjoy my top priorities without making me feel like I'm on a tight schedule.

Tonight at HS I was able to book a fastpass for F! On the fly. I did that to ensure we got a decent seat... but if I hadn't done that I'd still have been happy with just the three.

JohnD

Once you have scanned into the FP+ line at the first ride, see if you can adust your second (and then third) FP+ for an earlier time. You may be able to schedule that second one for only five minutes later than the current time. Once you scan into the FP+ line for FP+ #2, do the same thing for the third FP+.

So now it's still super early in the day and you've used your three FP+s. Schedule another one. Keep in mind that earlier FP+ times are more valuable to you than later FP+ times. Also, remember that FP+s can come available during the day, so check occasionally to see if their is an earlier time available or if their is a FP+ available soon for that ride that you are about to get into the SB line for.

Agree. When I was in MK on Wednesday morning, 7DMT broke down during my 9:00-10:00 am FP so I received a "FREEBIE" FP to use anytime during the day (which I used around 12:30 for it after the ride was back up.) But I had PP for 10:15-11:15. It was too popular to schedule earlier, so I kept that one. I also had BTMR for 11:45-12:45. I was able to move that up to 11:25-12:25. I did HM and Country Bears in-between.

I know that my family and I get to the parks around 12 or 1. So in EPCOT and HS (due to the tiered system,) we're going to use the one or two we really don't want and schedule them before we will even get there and the one fastpass we really want for around the time we get there. Then after that, we can get another first-tier fastpass. For MK and AK, we might not get extra fastpasses. It depends on when we want to go to the park. In all honesty, before Fastpass+ was implemented, we probably got, on average, 3 FP's a day.

sjhym333

There are a couple of ways to go with this and it really is different depending on the park you are in. For instance, we were in EPCOT yesterday and had our 3 FP+ for Figment, Soarin and Seas for 10:45, 11:45 and 12:45. We got there at 10 and did Single Rider on Test Track with a 20 min wait, rode Imagination not using our FP because we were early and there was only a 5 min wait and then at 11 walked over and walked onto Maelstrom with no wait. Then headed back to Future World and did some more stuff before using our Soarin FP+.

My point is while the idea of stacking your FP's early in the morning makes sense on some level I agree that if you get to the park early you might be better served to hit some popular attractions without using FP's and waiting until later when the parks are busier to use your FP+ selections. So if you have FP+ for Splash and Big Thunder you could get to the park early and hit the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland side of the park and get several attractions in before the lines get long THEN relax and use your FP+ selections. We have tried a couple of times to use a 4th FP in a couple of parks but the selections get slim as the day goes along and many times they are for later in the evening which is ok but a long time to wait if it is only noon.

One more interesting thing from yesterday. We got on the Single Rider line for Test Track with a 20 min wait time posted (we waited about 15 mins total). The family in front of us was a mom and day and two kids. One who just made the height restriction and one an inch or so above it. The kids looks young an my son commented to me that they looked too small to ride alone. They get to the grouper and the taller kid gets assigned a row and then mom two cars behind her. The the smallest kid get assigned a row but refuses to leave dad. The grouper (god bless him) continues to load while trying to talk to dad who at this point is refusing to seperate from the child. Another CM is called and gets involved and there is a heated discussion about the kid and father being seperated and the concept of the Single Rider line and the signs that are clear about the intent. The CM's stood their ground and refused to let the father and son ride together but offered to let him wait on the side for a while kind of at a reduced Standby line wait. The father refused and things got more heated. By that time our car left load and I don't know what ended up happening. The wife was waiting at unload and we couldn't see dad or the son but we kept hearing an announcement about Single Riders will be split. Fun times.

Jae99

After using the first 3 FP's how do you try and get further FP's? Can you book them through the MDE app or do you have to line up somewhere to book them?

If so how long are the line ups to book further FP's beyond your original choices?

TomHendricks

You goto the FP+ booths. As of right now, you can't add additional FP+ via MDE. You can only add one FP+ at a time.

The FP+ booths are really busy early in the morning. So avoid at all costs. However by late morning they are usually freed up. Check the map for locations, the more out of the way ones tend to be emptier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom