How long to travel to Contemporary?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
How long should I allow to get from MK to the contemporary?

Obviously monorail and its damn close but not sure how often they run and how long it takes as always stay near Epcot so rarely use the monorail?

Planning an ADR late morning at chef mickeys... I was thinking 20 mins?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Walk doesn't look too far on Google Earth but not a particularly scenic route by the looks of it! Bus station and then a road and then a parking lot!
Not like walking from epcot to the YC for example!
Monorail it is and I'll allow 20 mins!

epcotisbest

Walk doesn't look too far on Google Earth but not a particularly scenic route by the looks of it! Bus station and then a road and then a parking lot!
Not like walking from epcot to the YC for example!
Monorail it is and I'll allow 20 mins!
Actually it is kinda scenic as it is thrilling when the monorail zooms by right overhead. How often do you get to do that? We stayed for a week at BLT last year and walked frequently and enjoyed it very much. I am long legged but don't think it ever took more than about 10-15 minutes, depending on walking pace.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Actually it is kinda scenic as it is thrilling when the monorail zooms by right overhead. How often do you get to do that? We stayed for a week at BLT last year and walked frequently and enjoyed it very much. I am long legged but don't think it ever took more than about 10-15 minutes, depending on walking pace.

I'll take your word for it! Just doesn't look like much of a nice walk on Google!
Think the monorail will be the option as we need an excuse to ride it staying near Epcot and not using it...

rob0519

If you're not used to walking or tired after walking all day in the park, it may seem longer than it really is. Late morning monorail shouldn't be too crowded going back to the CR. It is an interesting walk if you've never done it before. There is a sidewalk all the way. Just be careful at the crosswalks as always.

JIMINYCR

Weve made the walk... and it always is longer cause I cant help but look down and read the personalized tiles. I've actually found some from people in my home town and the city I now live in. DW says hurry up, youre lagging behind... but I cant help looking for more, hey.... theres one from ..... :oops:.

DisneyDaver

I've done that walk many times ... takes me about 10 mins. I'd recommend walking over the monorail unless you are carrying a lot of stuff or have very young kids with you.

Rick-pds

I agree, I walk every time and beat the rest of my party taking the monorail by more than 10 minutes. It usually takes 8-10 minutes from door to bag check. I walk a slightly faster than average pace, so maybe 10-12 minutes if you walk slower. The walk is scenic. You have shrubs, plants, trees along the entire walkway.

Walk it, that's way faster then waiting for the monorail regardless of the time of day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom