How long to spend at DLP?

Grumpy56

Original Poster
It looks like I'm actually going to Europe for 3 weeks this summer. We'll spend a week in Paris and try to see some more of France and Germany and perhaps Belgium while we're there. How long do you really need to do the 2 parks in late June, early July. Is it worth it to stay at one of the DL hotels? We have an apt in Paris for a week so our choices are to do it as a day trip while in Paris or tack on a couple of extra ddays after Paris and stay out there. Any opinions would be much appreciated!

:)

Timon

Given a week in Paris I would give two days to DLP, minimum. The MK park is beautiful, be sure to see the differences in Space Mountain, all of Fantasyland, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder. Figure Disney Studios for a half day. This is the summer and the busiest time so get there early but if the lines are long during the mid day walk over to the Disney Village and the hotels. Keep your Paris apartment and use the RER train directly to the park front entrance. Be sure to buy a unlimited week long transit ticket for all of Paris, this will save you money and hassle. If you like museums this is the city, yes there is the Louvre but my favorite is Musée de Orsay on the Siene featuring famous Impressionists. A trip to Versilles is worth the time, get there early. Eat is small bistros never eat at American restaurants (you can do that when you get home!) Have a great trip.

Sweet Laker

One advice from my side: If you go, make sure to use the fastpasses and when you are inside the studios: You'd better go into Rock and Rollercoaster and other attractions while Moteurs de Action is busy. In this case a lot of people are watching the show and the queulines at the other attractions are very quite. For example: the waitingtime for RnRc was 5 minutes while the show of Motors was playing. Right after that it raised to 25 minutes. So that is a big difference.

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies. I think we have settled on addiing two nights at a hotel at DLP at the end of our week in Paris. We will probably do Versailles and perhaps another day trip from Paris so several family members don't want to use up more of their Paris days. So now the question is which hotel? My choices are Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and maybe even DL hotel. Any comments? The thoughts I have are that Sequoia seems nice but having lived in California the theme is not really unique. We loved the Yacht and Beach Club in WDW, how does Newport Bay compare to that? And is the DL hotel worth the money, seeing as this might be a once in a lifetime trip?

Thanks again for your comments they were very helpful.:wave:

djmatthews

Originally posted by Grumpy56
Thanks for all your replies. I think we have settled on addiing two nights at a hotel at DLP at the end of our week in Paris. We will probably do Versailles and perhaps another day trip from Paris so several family members don't want to use up more of their Paris days. So now the question is which hotel? My choices are Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and maybe even DL hotel. Any comments? The thoughts I have are that Sequoia seems nice but having lived in California the theme is not really unique. We loved the Yacht and Beach Club in WDW, how does Newport Bay compare to that? And is the DL hotel worth the money, seeing as this might be a once in a lifetime trip?

Thanks again for your comments they were very helpful.:wave:

May I suggest Sequoia Lodge or Hotel New York. Although I have never stayed in them, I have been in them. I stayed in the Newport Bay Club, and wished I was at one of the others. I cannot comment on the Disneyland Hotel, but it has a great location. If you can push the boat out, there are rooms over looking the park!

Have you looked at disneylandparis.com, there are some great interactive hotel guides, giving 360s of the resort rooms, themeing etc.

Gurgi

Sorry Grumpy

sorry I posted a reply to ur message as a new thread rather than a reply. hope the advice helps

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom