How long does it take to get to each park from Wilderness Lodge?

xbeebellex

Original Poster
I'm trying to choose a hotel to stay at while we are there and I was wondering how long it takes to get to each park from the hotel that I really want to stay at, the Wilderness Lodge because I have two small children and so do my friends who are coming too.
If anyone knows, you are my saviours!!!!!!

ErickainPA

To get to MK, you just take the boat from the back of the Lodge to the MK.

To get to Epcot you can take the bus directly or take the boat to MK, than the Monorail or Ferry to the TTC and take the monorail to Epcot

To get to MGM take the bus directly there.

The Lodge is beautiful and so peaceful and relaxing. We actually got married and honeymooned there.

CP17

are you planning on using WDW transportation, or driving your car to the parks? I'm staying at WL in Sept. and plan on using the water transport to MK (i think someone on this board gave an estimate of about 10 mins by water to MK) but I'll be driving my car to the other parks just because it's faster and I can come and go without waiting for buses.

xbeebellex

Original Poster
That is so weird: I'm going in September!!!! But I'm using WDW transport. I thought about getting a rental car but sometimes queues at airports can be awful.

tigsmom

We stay at the WL quite often and always (well almost) use the WDW transportation. Its about a 10 minute boat ride to the MK. You can get the monorail to EPCOT just outside the gate. The bus to EPCOT, MGM and AK take longer, but the ride is not that bad...15 minutes or so. The hard part comes with waiting for the boat and bus. You never know if you've just missed one or not. :lol:

Our kids are older now, but the only time we used our car was when we were staying out late. If you plan on staying until the parks close then you may have to wait for an empty boat or bus. It was just easier for us to drive.

What park are you planning on spending the most time in? That is a big factor for us. When the kids were small it was the MK so the Contemporaty, the Polynesian & the WL were our choices. Since they are older and we spend more time in EPCOT and AK we have started to stay elsewhere. This past year we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn... very good location. Walk to EPCOT, short boat ride to MGM and then bus to AK & MK.

Don't forget about afternoon breaks; they always help when you have kids, especially in the hot weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom