How long do you need to fully enjoy.

BrianV

Original Poster
We are going to universal this summer for a couple of days before going to the beach for a week. We could tack an extra day on and go to sea world. I know my youngest would love the penguins despite the fact that we have a great penguin exhibit in boston.

If we went, we would check out of the hotel at universal in the am and then head to sea world. My guess is we wouldn't get there before 9:30 or 10 as we are not early risers. So my question is could we see enough to make it worth the effort arriving at say 10 and staying until 5 or 6? Are the lines for Antarctica huge? We'd be going in late august.

I'd planned to not bother and go another trip. Which is probably what we will do. But I wanted to consider it. Thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

SeaWorld is an amazing place. Its a theme park and a rehabilitation centre as well as providing education on the mammals and birds that they feature.
You can do SeaWorld in 4 or 5 hours. To get the most out of a visit I would recommend staying longer. 10am until 5 or 6pm would give you your moneys worth.
August in Florida sees the schools going back after summer. The later in the month then the quieter the parks should be

Journey_On

I think you'd be able to see much of the park in those hours. The park will be open till 7:00 PM on most days at the end of August (subject to change, but that's what the park hours show on the website right now).

The lines for Antarctica do get pretty long. If you are not arriving at the park upon rope drop, no worries - sometimes there are shorter lines towards park closing. The Antarctica exhibit is really great.

BrianV

Original Poster
Thanks both!! I really hope we can make it work, but if not it sounds like there is enough for a couple of days. The last time I went was probably like 1980. I also really want the kids to be able to see the killer whales. I remember thinking they were amazing!!

919Florida

All great pointers from everyone here. I recommend spending as much time as possible in the park so you are not hurried. You want to be able to go around the park and stop at the animal exhibits and enjoy them. You don’t want to feel hurried. Sea Garden is one of my favorite areas in the park and they have animal ambassadors come out thru the day. you never know what you will see from a sloth to owls to an opossum and more. Really worth a visit. Also the underwater viewing areas at Shamu, Dolphins and the penguins are so awesome getting to see the animals swimming around. The shows are great to and you will get to see the new Sea Lion High show that will be open by then too.

You are going to have a great time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom