How long a day is HS now?

JohnD

Original Poster
Thinking ahead to a planned trip and scheduling time for HS. . .

Now that the back half of HS is closed, how long a day is it there? Is it pretty much a half-day park? If so, I'm guessing the half-day should be afternoon/evening because of Fantasmic and fireworks.

Doug Means

or IMO go all day and do several things over and over again. or go early and do some things, use mid day to rest up at the room, and then go back in the afternoonish to do later stuff and those shows. have a great trip, can't wait to hear what you do

CaptainAmerica

It entirely depends on how you feel about the shows. If you plan to watch most of Beauty and the Beast, Disney Junior, Frozen, Indiana Jones, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Star Wars Launch Bay, and Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, you can probably still fill a full day. If you plan to skip all or most of those things, you only need a few hours.

wdwfan22

For our group there is no change in the touring time as we never visited any of the attractions that closed. It may take a little longer now as wait times seem to be longer for the attractions then previously.

belledream

I'd still recommend going in the morning...there's just less people around in the mornings. Get all the rides under your belt, if you don't want to watch all the shows or eat any HS QS/TS, take a nice stroll/boat ride to Boardwalk and eat there. Resort hop. Come back to HS when you're ready to enjoy the evening atmosphere and nighttime offerings.

math mathson

It's half the park but they got rid of things that my family never did. We were there in Feb. and spent more time then ever in the park because of the Star Wars offering (Launch Bay and Jedi Training). We were that at rope drop stayed to about 4, went back to the resort for a swin and then back to the studios for the Star Wars fireworks.

JohnD

Original Poster
It's half the park but they got rid of things that my family never did. We were there in Feb. and spent more time then ever in the park because of the Star Wars offering (Launch Bay and Jedi Training). We were that at rope drop stayed to about 4, went back to the resort for a swin and then back to the studios for the Star Wars fireworks.

That might be the best option (sans Jedi Training). I do have a potential day blocked out for HS. Thought about going on arrival day but I drive in and wouldn't get to the resort until about 3:00 pm. or so. Scheduled closing is 7pm. Doesn't sound like a lot of time.

JohnD

Original Poster
or IMO go all day and do several things over and over again. or go early and do some things, use mid day to rest up at the room, and then go back in the afternoonish to do later stuff and those shows. have a great trip, can't wait to hear what you do

My general thought now is:
10/29: Check-in. Epcot in evening (F&W festival, New Soarin', New Frozen (at least once))
10/30: AK (Rivers of Light, Tiffins, Nighttime Safari's, etc.)
10/31: DS (morning/afternoon), MNSSHP (4 - midnight)
11/1: Epcot (EMH to 11pm)
11/2: Epcot
11/3: HS (SW launch bay, new fireworks show)
11/4: Check out. MK or day trip to Sea World before driving to DeLand for Stetson University homecoming (11/4-6).

cheezbat

4-5,hours max for me.

Get there at opening, fast pass Rock N Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania, then wait for Tower and Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, the Indy Stunt Show, and adios DHS!

JohnD

Original Poster
4-5,hours max for me.

Get there at opening, fast pass Rock N Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania, then wait for Tower and Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, the Indy Stunt Show, and adios DHS!

My caveat might be: leave park for rest and/or dinner. Return for SW fireworks, Fantasmic. One more ride of ST.

FigmentForver96

I took some friends who have never really been to the park and we actually spent the entire day and still missed stuff. (before I continue, I do not approve of the state of this park). We got there when the park opened and rode Great Movie Ride and Muppets without FP. We took our time going everywhere but we rode Star Tours, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' roller coaster with FP. We then ate lunch at the drive in, watched Beauty and the Beast, followed by Little Mermaid, stopped by one store and went to Fantasmic...oh we also went in the Honey I shrunk the kids playground and spent half an hour taking pictures on Streets of America. We never got a chance to watch Indiana Jones, Lights! Motor! Action! or ride Toy Story Midway Mania. So we spent the entire day there having fun but yea the park is still a mess.

Jon81uk

As long as you want it to be. The only attractions that closed are Bscklot Tour, Lights Motors stunt show and HISTK playground.
If you haven't been to the park often then you will be interested in the shows and you have Beauty and Beast, Muppets, Mermaid, Frozen, Indiana, One Mans Dream and Disney Jnr (depending on kids). Then you have Great Movie, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, ToT and RnR for rides as well as Launch Bay and the other character meets. Plus Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks at night. There is plenty to fill a day.
But if you've done the park a lot before and aren't interested in seeing the shows again then you could spend an afternoon/evening on rides, launch bay and fireworks only.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think average joe could still do a day.

GMR - 45/60 mins

Indy - an hour with seating

A few Star Tours an hour

Muppetvision 30 minutes

TSMM - at least 20. Maybe more with no FP.

One Mans Dream for a breather. Half an hour?

Tower and RnRC an hour plus

Beast 30 mins

Plus food, browsing, SW stuff and Fantasmic.

Darth Figment

Im a frim beliver in magic hrs. You can ride everything twice in the 1st hr before the park opens to general public. Then catch shows, if you like that sort of thing. Set FP for something you might really enjoy again like Midway mania .. or whatever you like .

Thebolt

It heavily depends on how interested you are in the shows.

It took us a good day and a half to cover the park (with late starts) a few weeks ago, as our kids had never been there before so we tried to do everything at least once and we had table service meals.

If you have seen the shows a thousand times, then the pickings are much slimmer. For us once a decaders (!), it remains a park full of activities.

BigRedDad

DHS depends on the amount of time dedicated to the shows. Those eat up hours. If you are there for the rides, you can be done by lunch time. The only rides they have are Star Tours, TSMM, RnRC, ToT, GMR (is it still open). We love the street performers, but many are no longer there or the showings drastically reduced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom