How is Labor Day at WDW

wdwdonnie

Original Poster
I have been 4th of July and New Years Eve a couple times each ....NEVER again ! Going to try Labor Day weekend wanting to know if it’s bad then also

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

You will have a lot of locals for a few days of the weekend and on Monday but after that it will clear out back to mostly vacationers. The whole month of September qualifies as the lowest "season" for DVC members but the way things have gotten in the last few years you really just need to plan on crowds all the time. Labor Day won't be "as" bad as the 4th Christmas, or New Years. I can promise you that.

wdwdonnie

Original Poster
You will have a lot of locals for a few days of the weekend and on Monday but after that it will clear out back to mostly vacationers. The whole month of September qualifies as the lowest "season" for DVC members but the way things have gotten in the last few years you really just need to plan on crowds all the time. Labor Day won't be "as" bad as the 4th Christmas, or New Years. I can promise you that.
Thanks

Bartledvd

Been over labor day the last five years its only really magic kingdom that gets pretty busy but for us its 3 days out of 14 we are there for and we just avoid MK, The rest of our trip crowds are not too bad.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

It's still crowded in September, IMO. I was just there last year and it's definitely not insane, but it's more crowded than it's ever been in September.
More Halloween parties have probably contributed to this. Plus they do free dining plans a lot for the general public and so people take advantage of that as well. I honestly have just basically come to accept the fact that it's never going to go back to the way it used to be when there were actual times of the year that the crowds were quite manageable. The crowds are here to stay and the building of two new lands at HS (one based on STAR WARS no less!), a new coaster at MK, new attractions at EPCOT, and the popularity of FOP at AK have all just fed in to this. So whenever Disney talks about "seasons" it all has to be taken with a huge grain of salt and viewed as extremely relative. Sucks but that's just how it is. I've got videos from 10 years ago in May at MK where there were 5 and 10 minute waits on rides in the middle of the day. I don't see those times coming back. Do you?

wdwfan4ver

I have been at WDW on Labor Many days. MK on Labor Day is only fine at night only, but that was a few years ago. What happened at the time was guests leave MK before the parade/fireworks due to school day the next day. What I do for MK is stay away from it on Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday.

I can tell you Epcot seemed busy on Labor Day last year due to the Food and Wine Festival. The rides though didn't seem too bad for Future World that I went on.

AK was not that busy last year on the day before Labor Day except for Pandora.

DHS is in the past is not busy on Labor Day Weekend. What I'm saying is true now, but it may not be in 2020 due to Star Wars: Galaxies Edge.

Last edited:

crxbrett

I was there last Labor Day weekend. Friday was dead everywhere, Sat was busy but by no means actually very crowded. Sunday was actually very busy and close to summer or xmas break crowds.

crxbrett

I love me s'm stats, so here are the crowd levels for WDW on Labor Day weekend going back to 2010. 2018 is obviously just a prediction, not actual numbers. Looking at the numbers, Friday is always the least crowded followed by actual Labor Day Monday. Then Saturday is busy and Sunday is pretty much the worst day of the weekend.

2010.JPG
2011.JPG
2012.JPG
2013.JPG

2014.JPG
2015.JPG
2016.JPG
2017.JPG
2018.JPG

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

As someone who has been in 2007, 2008, 2014, 2015 and 2017, the week of Labor Day starting the Friday before each Labor Day lasting around 10 Days... not as dead as it once was. With that said, I arrive the day before Labor Day for 9 days. ;) It does die down after Labor Day weekend, a bit, but it is not the 5 - 10 minute walk on rides it once was anymore. Still my favorite time to go though.
* 2 days before we get there and it is 10 days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s a significant international element presence that week...so it supplements the majority of American schools being back in session. So I’ve heard from experienced travelers.

I haven’t been in many years...but will be this year. It will be interesting to compare it to recent trips. Can’t wait for the stupidity of Halloween in August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom