How hard is it to get a job at WDW?

Dizneydude87

Original Poster
Hey.

I want to work at Disney when I turn 16. I know you have to be 18 to operate a ride, but i was wondering, what jobs would be open to me? How hard is it to get a job? How manny 16 y/o work there? What do you have to do to get an interview? Call Jobline and hope they call you back?

Ok, I'm going to stop rambleing now.

<Thanks>

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Low pay, but high expectations!

Just go over to the casting department (across the street from DTD) and ask for a job. WDW has a rather high turn over rate so getting a job is not too difficult unless you have visible tattoos, nose rings or are otherwise really less than attractive. Education and background are not factors for entry level jobs although a rough command of the English language is a plus. Go for it and good luck.

cm1988

Working at WDW

...want to work at Disney when I turn 16. .what jobs would be open to me?...
I'd suggest a call to the JobLine at (407)828-1000 for the answer to that one... or since you're in Orlando, stop by the Casting Center at Lake Buena Vista If you call the JobLine during regular business hours, you'll have the option to speak with someone... not just wait for a return call.
...How hard is it to get a job?...
Wow... that really varies. Your challenge is that you are just entering the job market... and of course you will need to work around school hours... but many people your age do that
...How many 16 year-olds work there?...
Sorry, I don't have that statistic (or any others, really!) I can only again suggest a visit to the Casting Center or a JobLine call... or maybe a little asking-around next time you are in one of the Parks or at Downtown Disney.
...What do you have to do to get an interview? Call Jobline and hope they call you back?...
Walk-ins are fine at the Casting Center. If you're not ready to interview, you can just go in, look around and ask questions.
You might want to look at the WDW Company/Employment threads for more information. Click here for a fairly long thread that addresses most of your questions. Also, have you had a chance to stop by disney.go.com/disneycareers/wdwcareers/l?

RobFL

Account Suspended
There's an entire chapter of a bookm they give you dedicated to hair legnth and facial hair.

Oh yes, and it musst be a natural color - no bleaching or highlights.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Can't go past your ears - i think.

And no facial hair what-so-ever, with the exception of a neatly trimmed full mustache.

-Rob

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by RobFL
Oh yes, and it musst be a natural color - no bleaching or highlights.

damn it! that cuts me out, then!

btw, Dizneydude, a few years ago, i found a castmember who was 15. he worked at test track, though i'm not exactly what he did there.

Dizneydude87

Original Poster
Hey evreyone, thanks for replying. I have blonde highlights in my hair, and my eyebrow is peirced. I wonder if I could just were a retainer (you cant even see it). I guess I could stop highlighting my hair. I was told by a bellhop that you could work at attractions, but not opperate them. He might have been wrong though. Ill still have to wait a year, because I just got my learners licence thingie yesterday. Lol. If I stumble upon and further information, Ill let ya'll know.

Thanks again. :)

Dawn S

Can't go past your ears - i think.

And no facial hair what-so-ever, with the exception of a neatly trimmed full mustache.

-Rob

Don't worry, the book they provide you with has all sorts of diagrams about acceptable hair-dos, facial hair, etc. :lol: Maybe I'm a goof, but I got SUCH a laugh at that! Based on the hairstyles that are no-nos for the men, it looks like you gotts get creative. I'm still looking at this book trying to figure out what type of style IS allowed. Poor guys.

Another word of warning (& something that I personally had an issue with)...at Traditions, you have a "dress code" for the day. They gave me a LONG list of acceptables & unacceptables as far as attire goes. Now, being a woman, I have a lot more clothes than I should & so many shoes I could open a Payless. Being a woman, I have an outfit & pair of shoes of EVERY type, style, color & appropriate for anything that could come up. However, I had nothing that fell under their guidelines. I don't think that the woman discussing these codes with our group of new recruits was too thrilled when I asked "umm...every kind of shoe I know of is listed under unacceptable. Should I come barefoot?" :hammer: Be prepared to buy new clothes for just this one day thing.

As for how difficult it is to get hired at WDW... well, do you have a pulse? :lol:

cm1988

Show ready?

(hair)...Can't go past your ears...
...or touch thine collar (guys).

In general, they're looking for a 'natural-looking' haircut that works with the contours of your head. In other words, your hair can be fairly long on the top of your head, but not piled up there beehive fashion, or like Mr T's, or shaved bald.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom