How far in advance staying at Dolphin?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Hi,

Visiting later I the year which is the first time since FP+ was introduced...
Read all kinds of stuff on how it all works etc and feel pretty comfortable, the only thing I can't seem to work out is when I can make selections staying at the dolphin??

Also how far in advance can I make dining reservations? Know that part is unrelated but thought I'd ask!
Any help appreciated...

omurice

For the Swan and Dolphin -
Upon buying tickets online and linking them to your MDE account, you can then get 30 day FP+ booking like everyone.
Swan and Dolphin do not give the 60 day FP+ booking window (or even give MagicBands for that matter). You use the plastic ticket to go to the parks, and a plastic room key to get in your room (separate). You can buy a MagicBand as a park ticket if you must have that in the gift shop or at one of the parks, but they will not ship you "free" MagicBands as Disney resorts do, and these bands will not operate for payment or as a room key. Swan and Dolphin are operated by Starwood. You do get many perks though - such as Extra Magic Hours, easy access to Epcot/Studios (by boat or on foot), and bus transport to MK & AK.

Depending on what week you're going, there are two FP reservations where a 30 day window could give you some trouble - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Meet Princess Anna & Elsa. Probably you can still get Seven Dwarfs at 30 days out (unless going during a holiday) but Anna/Elsa is frequently gone by the morning of 60 days out.

Dining you can reserve on the website or call at 180 days like everyone else, but at Swan/Dolphin you do not get the 180+10 days of your stay booking perk the Disney hotels offer.

Good luck!

PS - Note resort parking and other fees at Swan/Dolphin are EXTRA, so add about $25 per night to your stay, if comparing price directly to Disney resorts...
I cannot recall if Swan/Dolphin grant the free parking at the parks like Disney resorts do (MK & AK you might drive if you cannot stand the bus system), which is an additional $17 per day.

Last edited:

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
For the Swan and Dolphin -
Upon buying tickets online and linking them to your MDE account, you can then get 30 day FP+ booking like everyone.
Swan and Dolphin do not give the 60 day FP+ booking window (or even give MagicBands for that matter). You use the plastic ticket to go to the parks, and a plastic room key to get in your room (separate). You can buy a MagicBand as a park ticket if you must have that in the gift shop or at one of the parks, but they will not ship you "free" MagicBands as Disney resorts do, and these bands will not operate for payment or as a room key. Swan and Dolphin are operated by Starwood. You do get many perks though - such as Extra Magic Hours, easy access to Epcot/Studios (by boat or on foot), and bus transport to MK & AK.

Depending on what week you're going, there are two FP reservations where a 30 day window could give you some trouble - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Meet Princess Anna & Elsa. Probably you can still get Seven Dwarfs at 30 days out (unless going during a holiday) but Anna/Elsa is frequently gone by the morning of 60 days out.

Dining you can reserve on the website or call at 180 days like everyone else, but at Swan/Dolphin you do not get the 180+10 days of your stay booking perk the Disney hotels offer.

Good luck!

PS - Note resort parking and other fees at Swan/Dolphin are EXTRA, so add about $25 per night to your stay, if comparing price directly to Disney resorts...
I cannot recall if Swan/Dolphin grant the free parking at the parks like Disney resorts do (MK & AK you might drive if you cannot stand the bus system), which is an additional $17 per day.
Thanks for that. Is it only 30 days for dolphin? Seem to have seen something that suggested that had changed to 60 days out to compliment the other disney resort benefits you get like EMH?
We get a package from UK and don't drive anywhere so dolphin location is perfect for us and we love it!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for that. Is it only 30 days for dolphin? Seem to have seen something that suggested that had changed to 60 days out to compliment the other disney resort benefits you get like EMH?
We get a package from UK and don't drive anywhere so dolphin location is perfect for us and we love it!

The 30/60 days was an area of confusion for me when we stayed back in September, but I can confirm that it 60 days just like the Disney resorts. Also on their page...

http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/whatsnew.html

"The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel is pleased to announce an exciting new benefit for hotel guests. The new Disney FastPass+ expands on the previous benefit of being able to reserve entry times at some of the most popular experiences in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. Hotel guests can now enjoy the exclusive benefit of being able to reserve up to 60 days in advance of their trip and choose from a broader array of options, including Disney Character Greetings, fireworks and parade viewing areas, shows and spectaculars. Disney FastPass+ helps make vacation planning easier for the family and continues to offer guests exclusive benefits of staying at a Walt Disney World hotel."

snayak

I stayed at the Swan in October - it had a 60 day FP+ booking window, I do not believe anything has changed for the Swan or Dolphin to reduce it from 60 days between October and now.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
The 30/60 days was an area of confusion for me when we stayed back in September, but I can confirm that it 60 days just like the Disney resorts. Also on their page...

http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/whatsnew.html

"The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel is pleased to announce an exciting new benefit for hotel guests. The new Disney FastPass+ expands on the previous benefit of being able to reserve entry times at some of the most popular experiences in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. Hotel guests can now enjoy the exclusive benefit of being able to reserve up to 60 days in advance of their trip and choose from a broader array of options, including Disney Character Greetings, fireworks and parade viewing areas, shows and spectaculars. Disney FastPass+ helps make vacation planning easier for the family and continues to offer guests exclusive benefits of staying at a Walt Disney World hotel."

Thanks for that, thought id heard it.

Yet another reason to stay there for me, best location at half the price compared to other Epcot resorts...

AngryEyes

Don't forget, guests of our resort receive the following exclusive Disney benefits:

• THE ALL-NEW MYMAGIC+ BENEFIT
  • EXTRA MAGIC HOURS BENEFIT
  • COMPLIMENTARY SCHEDULED TRANSPORTATION
  • ON-SITE DISNEY TICKET DESKS
  • CHARACTER DINING
  • ADVANCE TEE TIMES ON ALL FOUR DISNEY GOLF COURSES
  • COMPLIMENTARY DELIVERY OF PURCHASES MADE IN DISNEY THEME PARKS
  • COMPLIMENTARY PARKING AT DISNEY THEME PARKS

Redhawk

Just before the year ended I booked our stay at the Dolphin for the beginning of February. As soon as I purchased my Disney park tickets and linked them to my reservation I was able to book my FP+ selections, and that was about 34 days out, so I believe those saying 60 days out are correct.

bristowe

Hi All-I've stayed at the Swan/Dolphin many times for work but this will be the first time staying with my family. I linked my confirmation number in MDE without issue. However, when it came time for my ADR's last week, I found I could only book it day by day. So for example I am going for 8 nights and I will be able to book my ADR tomorrow for day 8 and then have to wait until Monday to book day 9. It hasn't caused a big issue, I've gotten all of the restaurants I've wanted. My concern is fastpass+. When I called the Swan she assured me that I can book the fast passes all on the 60th day. Can anyone confirm this? I don't feel as comfortable booking fastpass day by day. I did reserve my swan room directly from the swan page but the lady said that shoudn't cause any issue, she felt my reservation number sounded fine. I also note that I can't see a balance as I would with Animal Kingdom Lodge. She said they don't push that info to the system and that is normal.

If anyone can ease my concerns, I would certainly appreciate it! I am excited to share the epcot area resorts with my husband and kids. It's a great deal to stay at swan/dolphin!
Thanks so much!

bristowe

Thx you all. I have stayed at All star movies, port Orleans and animal kingdom lodge with my family. Yet every year when I go on my own for work to a conference at the swan/dolphin, I feel so close to disney and in a great resort like setting. When I saw they now do fast pass I immediate checked the prices and was surprised at how reasonable they are compared to the disney epcot hotels. Thx to your feedback I am now excited about day 60 I stead of nervous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom