how epcot test track works?

zano51192

Original Poster
hello all.

just wondering if anyone knows how test track works
like is it on a track and how dose it accelerate?
dose it use the same technology as journey to the center of the earth at tokyo disney sea?

thanks for all your help:)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Similiarly ride system as Journey.

It's on a ride track, bus-bar system. The vehicle are powered and the main 4 wheels with tires you see on the cars are mostly for show - though they do provide stopping power. The real wheels (many more) are actually located under the track itself.

zano51192

Original Poster
is there any pics of what it looks like under the track, like the wheels
and if you know any mor about journey to the center of the earth ride system please tell me (like this ride its cool!)

thanks

aeromike

I like to think of it like bumper cars, the track the cars roll on is charges with electricity, because when it broke down before the second break test, we waited for a cast member to come and escot us out, and she told us not to go on the track as its still charged and to walk on the side. By the hole in the track, i'm guessing its like on a pulley controlling the speed.

Rob562

I like to think of it like bumper cars, the track the cars roll on is charges with electricity, because when it broke down before the second break test, we waited for a cast member to come and escot us out, and she told us not to go on the track as its still charged and to walk on the side. By the hole in the track, i'm guessing its like on a pulley controlling the speed.

The track surface is not electrified. There are bus-bars below the roadway surface that car connects to for power, similar to the monorail's power system.

What the CM meant is that there was still power to the *system*. If you walked on the track and your leg went through the slot in the middle, it's quite possible that you would come in contact with one of the live busbars.

-Rob

rwdavis2

As an aside, I used to work with someone who got called in to consult on the control software while TT was being built. The folks at Disney were having a hard time making it work. Once they consultants did a review they decided that the software was untestable and could bvery likely get someone killed. Eisner was in (telecon) on the meeting where these conclusions were presented. Disney then decided to scrap the software and start over.
BD

Rob562

As an aside, I used to work with someone who got called in to consult on the control software while TT was being built. The folks at Disney were having a hard time making it work. Once they consultants did a review they decided that the software was untestable and could bvery likely get someone killed. Eisner was in (telecon) on the meeting where these conclusions were presented. Disney then decided to scrap the software and start over.
BD

Yeah, that's pretty much the story I heard, and the main reason the attraction was so delayed before it opened. They'd contracted out the control software, and there were so many bugs and problems with it that WDI decided to throw it out and write their own.

-Rob

teebin

This is one of the worst grammar threads I have ever seen.

"Is", is singular. "Is there pictures" is the sound of a totally ignorant/uneducated person. Proper use is, "Is there a picture" singular, one picture.

"Are" is plural. Please use "are there pictures", "pictures" meaning "more than one".

I would not have commented if this was a mistype or quick type error. It was just plain incorrect. And I hate people sounding stupid when they are so interested in something so smart as the tech behind TT.

PLeyava

Let us not forget the air tanks in each car everyone! Used for small braking. Each car has 6 sets of brakes for big stopping power, for example when you reach the end of the speed test.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is one of the worst grammar threads I have ever seen.

"Is", is singular. "Is there pictures" is the sound of a totally ignorant/uneducated person. Proper use is, "Is there a picture" singular, one picture.

"Are" is plural. Please use "are there pictures", "pictures" meaning "more than one".

I would not have commented if this was a mistype or quick type error. It was just plain incorrect. And I hate people sounding stupid when they are so interested in something so smart as the tech behind TT.

What about spelling, punctuation and capitalization errors. I mean if we're going to call people out on ignorance, let's go all the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom