How Early Can You Enter The Magic Kingdom For Breakfast Reservation?

CJLove79

Original Poster
Me and my girl have a Crystal Palace reservation at 8:15 am and I want to beat the long line of other early breakfast guests. We're staying at the Contemporary Resort so we're a hop, skip, jump away from the Magic Kingdom. I was thinking of us leaving our Suite at 6:00 am, get there around 6:15 am and simply walk around the empty Main Street USA, check out the New Magic Kingdom Hub, basically kill time till our Reservation. So my question is the thread title up top. Also, will the Cast Members let you in if you get there really early? Or will they have you stand in a line? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :)

CJLove79

Original Poster
Sorry, but if you get there that early you will be killing a lot of time outside the turnstiles. Guests with breakfast ADRs are usually admitted between 7:30-7:45 a.m.

Aww man, that's too bad. :( Eh well, so I guess we'll get there a little later than 6:15 am. LOL. Is the breakfast line typically very long between 7-7:15 am? What time do you guys feel is best to get to the front of the breakfast ressie line?

popcenturylover

Like I said above, we got there about 7:15 & there was a small line in front of us. They ended up forming two lines. They made us wait til' 7:45 then, had us scan our bands. Made us wait in the tunnel filling all available space til' 8 then, we all were let in at once.

HouCuseChickie

We've done pre-park opening at MK many times. We always seem to be let in between 7:40-7:45a. This last visit was the first time MK was actually checking ADRs, but they still let us in well before our time. I know other parks hold you at the front until 15-20 min before ADR time, but we've never had this happen. Our most recent experience with this was Nov 2014...had an 8:40am ADR at Crystal Palace and were let into MK at 7:45a.

BigHero4

Good topic @CJLove79. Sorry your plans don't work, but this info helps the rest of us planning an early entry into MK. Besides a sparse crowd and a good pic opportunity, what else is there to do in the MK before your ADR?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Good topic @CJLove79. Sorry your plans don't work, but this info helps the rest of us planning an early entry into MK. Besides a sparse crowd and a good pic opportunity, what else is there to do in the MK before your ADR?
If your ADR is before official park opening, you maybe able to shop on Main Street...but that's about it. You
cannot wander through the lands, with the exception of Fantasyland in order to get to BOG. Cast Members are very diligent in keeping guests out of areas they are not allowed to be in before park opening.

CJLove79

Original Poster

Anything to keep the information flowing man. I just want me and my Lady to be at the front of the breakfast line y'know? LOL. That's one of the reasons I chose the Contemporary, to hopefully beat most of the breakfast crowds, any MK crowds in general. Plus, we want to get that quick shot of an empty Main Street and empty Magic Kingdom Hub before the breakfast crowd catches up cause we both know everybody will be trying to do the same thing. LOL.

BigHero4

So assuming you've never been to rope drop or an early breakfast at Crystal Palace - and you have small kids with you - which one is better to see? Is it better to watch the MK opening ceremony show, or get into the park early to enjoy Main St. and then go to the character breakfast at CR?

CJLove79

Original Poster
So assuming you've never been to rope drop or an early breakfast at Crystal Palace - and you have small kids with you - which one is better to see? Is it better to watch the MK opening ceremony show, or get into the park early to enjoy Main St. and then go to the character breakfast at CR?

We don't have kids and yeah we've never been to Rope Drop but if we did have kiddies, I'd skip the Opening Ceremony for the first MK day & see it on another MK day, but that's just me. LOL. Me and my girl plan on seeing the Opening Ceremony one time because we got breakfast reservations on 3 out of our 4 MK days. The one where we don't have a ressie is when we'll do the Opening ceremony, not like we needs to see it twice anyway. LOL. I honestly never understood why some people would want to see the Opening ceremony more than once if they've seen it already. Some friends and Fam of mines told me that they saw it everytime they toured the Magic Kingdom just because, which is cool, not knocking them or anybody else that does it. :) Its just that I feel like it would be a waste of time seeing the ceremony more than once when you can be one of the first, if not THE first person in the gate. Now, if Disney decided to switch it up each time, THEN I'd want us to see it. LOL.

BigHero4

Thanks @CJLove79. Makes sense but let me throw another wrench into it. Let's say I only have 1 day at MK - crazy, I know. What would you guys pick? Sorry to hijack this thread with this question, but I think it's still on topic a little bit!

CJLove79

Original Poster
Thanks @CJLove79. Makes sense but let me throw another wrench into it. Let's say I only have 1 day at MK - crazy, I know. What would you guys pick? Sorry to hijack this thread with this question, but I think it's still on topic a little bit!

Please man, no apologies at all, Hakuna Matata. LOL. To answer your question, in that case, I'd do the Opening Ceremony just to have that experience. I'm not an expert yet but I see it like this, if you only have a short amount of time at Disney World, experience as much as you can when you can do it. If you have one MK day, see the Opening ceremony, ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine train, see Wishes & the Electrical Parade, etc. Its already a given that you won't be able to see everything in one trip, shoot in several trips. LOL. So do you man, do what makes you and the people you're with the happiest, its Disney World, that's the point!!!! :D

Karla07559

I know this is like a year late but everyone I have asked says the early ADR is the way to go if you can. Even for kids. If you don't mind ruining the surprise for yourself a bit there are videos of the welcome show. Take a look and see if that is worth it. I saw it and in my opinion I'll take an early ADR if I can get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom