Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Between 50 and 100 Million

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • 150 Million +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

james4023464

Original Poster
guys im just curious, how is 80 Days gonna fare out, im think at least 30 million on its opening weekend, maybe 40 with the 5 day opening. This could be a suprise hit or a total flop, i guess we will just have to wait and see. I woek at the movie theatre so ill keep a look out on how many peeps we are gettin.

mickhyperion

The movie looks absolutely horrible. Arnold Schwarzenegger with a jeri-curl afro??? Besides the original is an incredible epic with classic actors and can hardly be topped.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I actually think this looks like a great movie. I've read some reviews from people who said they went in thinking it was going to be bad, but came out saying it was good. Reviews like it will definitely help it.

Besides, it has Jackie Chan. Everyone likes Jackie Chan. The only movie that he's done that's been a "flop" is The Medallion, which came out last year, and that only flopped because it was barely advertised at all. Since Rush Hour he has had nothing but success.

$35 million for a 5-day total, and a finish somewhere around $80 million, or even $100 million if it's lucky, sounds fine to me. Remember, family movies are faring very well nowadays. :(

cherrynegra

Disney will be lucky if this movie makes $80 let alone $80,000 or $80 million. I believe this movie will help us to "Remember the Alamo" but for the wrong reasons.

Fossil

This movie looks incredibly horrible. I want to know why Disney decided to do this piece of garbage. That movie has no appeal to it and it will flop. I guarantee it.

I don't know what it is, but Disney executives sometimes make the dumbest decisions in regards to movies among other things. Example... Teacher's Pet, Country Bears, to name a few.:hammer::D

speck76

I think it is coming out at the wrong time. There are way too many family films out right now....and many more coming in the next few weeks.

Look how much Harry Potter dropped from week 1 to week 2, much more than the studio projected. If Harry Potter can't make a strong go of it this summer, this film probably won't do much better, especially with Spiderman 2 coming out soon after.

wdwmaniac

I see it making it close to 80-100 Million. It looks stupid but hey alot of kids movies are doing well. I just get this feeling that Disney picked up this break even movie for Waldens Media Narnia: Lion, Witch, Wardobe. This should make tons. So maybe it was some kind of movie deal? Because I remember reading on upcomingmovies .com that this movie had a hard time getting a backer due to its 100 Million price tag.

james4023464

Original Poster
i might see it tonight, ill post my thughts on it. Guys im starting to feel i good gut for it. For the number one spot is gonna be hard to captre this weekend. With Harry Potter still with a lot of steam, and Terminal, and Dodgeball. We are gonna see a lot of 20 million dollar movies this weekend like last weekend. Guys if you want updates just go on www.boxofficemojo.com

careship

Saw the movie a week ago for a special sneak preview. I was expecting the worse thanks to the trailers. Was pleasantly surprised. We are going back tomorrow to see it again on my boys' request.

cherrynegra

Here's a blurb from a review I saw. I thought it was amusing. File it under truth in advertising.

"At the very least, the film is honest in the sense that it’s every bit as terrible as it looks in the trailers"

Number_6

I think it'll do over 50 but under 100 million. Actually, I don't have as much of a problem with the movie as I do with their ad campaign. Partly the posters(The standard 80 Days poster actually has Cindy's Castle featured as a landmark on it; another poster with the main characters flying past Mt Rushmore) and partly the trailers which go from having semi-decent soundtrack music behind the action sequences, to switching over to "Fly" by Sugar Ray. It has really turned me off from seeing the movie in the theaters, but I may end up going if my kids really want to.

speck76

further proof that Disney needs a shake-up in marketing. Even if the films were good, the trailers are very bad. I think PotC had the only good trailer of any film they have made in the last 5 years.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
$1.5 million isn't that bad. First off, some people may not even realize it came out Wednesday (Shrek 2 had very small numbers for Wednesday and Thursday, but then skyrocketed on Friday). Also, I read it is expanding into another 200 theaters Friday. I'm still expecting an opening somewhere in the $25 million range.

speck76

NemoRocks78 said:
$1.5 million isn't that bad. First off, some people may not even realize it came out Wednesday (Shrek 2 had very small numbers for Wednesday and Thursday, but then skyrocketed on Friday). Also, I read it is expanding into another 200 theaters Friday. I'm still expecting an opening somewhere in the $25 million range.

6/16/04
1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban WB $3,623,000
2 Shrek 2 DREAMWORKS $2,785,000
3 Garfield FOX $2,283,000
4 The Stepford Wives PARAMOUNT $2,148,000
5 The Chronicles of Riddick UNIVERSAL $2,068,000
6 The Day After Tomorrow FOX $1,436,000
7 Around the World in Eighty Days BV $1,426,000
8 Raising Helen BV $476,000
9 Troy WARNERS $390,000
10 Saved! MGM $373,000

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think a $10 million weekend could be a stretch. The movie has been panned in reviews, trailer stinks, far more entertaining family movies out there... it's just looking to be a very bad movie for Disney. Which, following the smash successes that were "The Alamo", "The Ladykillers", and "Raising Helen", means it's right in line with expectations. More proof that Eisner, and most of his management team, need to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom