How do you all think the overnight stays at the Castle will be handled?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Anyone know how the Year of a Million Dreams prize of an overnight stay at Cinderella Castle will be handled? How will it work? Would they allow you to walk around the park at night, or would they pretty much keep you under lock and key in your room? Do you think they would let you out early in the morning to be first on line for your favorite attraction? I wonder....:D

kasey1988

I was wondering the same thing! What time would "check in" and "check out" be at? Would there be someone standing at the entrance not letting you leave your room till opening the next day? What about food? Would the room have like a mini fridge or would there be other snacks available? How many rooms is the apartment? Soo many questions! maybe someone could answer them or we'll have to wait until someone wins the prize! i would love to also see pics whenever they become available... Im going in May...anyone know if this will still be going on then?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I was wondering the same thing! What time would "check in" and "check out" be at? Would there be someone standing at the entrance not letting you leave your room till opening the next day? What about food? Would the room have like a mini fridge or would there be other snacks available? How many rooms is the apartment? Soo many questions! maybe someone could answer them or we'll have to wait until someone wins the prize! i would love to also see pics whenever they become available... Im going in May...anyone know if this will still be going on then?

I know there are so many questions! As for May, yes, the contest is running until December 31st, 2007 I believe, and they start awarding the castle prize in late January 2007.

I wonder, do you all think they will rush you out when you "check out" or do they give you ample time (with in reason). Would the suite have a kitchen, or kitchette? If it did, would they give you food? I know the Disneyland Mickey Mouse suite being given away gives you access to the concierge floor at the Disneyland Hotel. They do give the winner of the Castle stay dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table.

P.S.
Yay! 900th Post! :D

Teenchy

I think the entrance into the room on Tinks zip line is going to be awsome!

Just kidding...although that would be fun!. I cant wait to hear about the first persons experience.

AutumnKlassic

MK Weddings?

Also, what about when there are weddings after the park closes? They may get really loud and ruin the experience for you. Do you think they wouldn't have that as an award for those nights?

DSNYKID

Room Service? What if you wanna go to Downtown Disney for awhile really late at night? Do they give you keys to get back into the park? If yes, do you think you have time to go make the copies of the keys.

BiggerTigger

I don't care how this is handled as long as the heavy-set guy wearing tighty-whities is not wondering around "just because he can".:hurl:

Unfortunately some people have no couth. I was staying at an upscale hotel in D.C. when this man came walking out of his room wearing just this outfit. I walked down to the front desk and complained. She said someone else just called down and complained and a manager was on their way up. I grabbed some things from the shop and went back to my room. As I passed they guy's room (door wide open, still in undies, kids running amok in the room) and hear him loudly exclaim "I paid good money for this F*****g room and I am going to walk around any damn way I want." I felt so bad for the manager having to be subject to people like this.

PintoColvig

If I win, I'm going to request a late check out. :king:

Seriously, though, how will this room be used after the campaign ends? Do you think it will it be available for rent? Here's hoping my AP discount will apply. :hammer:

darthjohnny

Original Poster
If I win, I'm going to request a late check out. :king:

Seriously, though, how will this room be used after the campaign ends? Do you think it will it be available for rent? Here's hoping my AP discount will apply. :hammer:

I was wondering that too. I bet they won't rent it out, but I'm sure they'll give free stays to super VIP celebrities...unfortunately. :(

But what if they actually turned it into a Club 33 for WDW. That would be awesome!!! :D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was wondering that too. I bet they won't rent it out, but I'm sure they'll give free stays to super VIP celebrities...unfortunately. :(

But what if they actually turned it into a Club 33 for WDW. That would be awesome!!! :D

I dunno... the Super rich VIP's could certainly afford the Super High price per night that it would require.

Why give it away to those who could most afford it.

What about giving away free stays instead to the Make A Wish Foundation.

Wishmaster

Anyone know how the Year of a Million Dreams prize of an overnight stay at Cinderella Castle will be handled? How will it work? Would they allow you to walk around the park at night, or would they pretty much keep you under lock and key in your room? Do you think they would let you out early in the morning to be first on line for your favorite attraction? I wonder....:D

I've had the exact same questions floating around in my head since I heard about it.

Also, what about when there are weddings after the park closes? They may get really loud and ruin the experience for you. Do you think they wouldn't have that as an award for those nights?

It's a FREE stay in Cinderella's freakin castle! I mean honestly, if you have the gall to complain about a little bit of noise, you must have much worse personal problems than that.

tink rules

Yeah... those fireworks going on outside every night.... and what if you're an early to bed kind of person... Do you still get free parking or do you have to valet the glass coach??? Is Mickey your butler? How about tuck in service??? and who actually shows up for the wake up call????

Can I hit the confectionary in the middle of the night??? How about pillow fights??? Who is going to fold my towel animals??? And what about all that noise that Tink makes up in the attic????

MicBat

It's a FREE stay in Cinderella's freakin castle! I mean honestly, if you have the gall to complain about a little bit of noise, you must have much worse personal problems than that.
You'd be surprised how many people out there would actually complain about things like that.. Even when awarded a once in a lifetime "dream" such as this.

As for the room, from what I heard, the family will have to stay in the room for the entire night. There will be a cast member assigned to watch over the room for the night. Anything the family needs will be tended to by the cast member. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Anyone else see the concept art on GMA? BEAUTIFUL!

EpcotMark

How would you keep the room people from wondering through the park and utilidor where they are NOT supposed to legally be????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom