How do I let my brother manage his family's Fast pass+

Dzof

Original Poster
We're going to Disney world with my brother's family. I'm having difficulty arranging it so my brother can manage his own family's fast passes.

At the moment all room reservations and tickets are linked through my MDE account.

I can book fast passes for everybody including my brother's family, no problem.

I linked to my brother and his Disney account. Hotel rooms come out ok. But when he tries to book fast passes, he can only see himself and me, and not the rest of his family!

Is there anything I can do so he can control his own family's fast passes?

Rob562

Well, there's an easy solution that will get you to a workable point for this trip, and a more difficult but long-term solution.

The easy solution is that your brother must "friend request" his own family. Since the MDE system sees the members of his family as managed-by-you profiles under *your* account, he has to add them as friends on *his* account. The easiest way to do this is to make sure that you make your friends list visible and then he uses the "people you may know" friends-of-friends function. (This shows up as an option when he tried to add a New Guest under his Friends & Family list) You'll have to accept the request for each member of the family, but once you do he'll be able to make and change FP+ for them.

But this will only get him to a workable situation for the near-term.

What *should* have happened was that each of you set up your own profiles and then created the associated families under the respective "master" profiles. You could then inter-link everyone as friends so that you could make the hotel reservations, FP+ choices, etc.

Going forward *after* the trip you could delete people from one profile and add new ones to the other, though anything associated with the old profiles (like Magic Bands) won't work with the new profiles. (You can't do this now because you have active reservations)

Unfortunately there isn't a way for a user to transfer a "managed by you" profile to make it a "managed by him" profile. To do this you'll need help from the My Disney Experience help line. Give them a call and have the login info for each of you. (The hotel reservation info can't hurt either) They should be able to move the necessary profiles from one to the other. The number I have for them is 407-939-7765.

You could even do the short-term solution now and then fix the profiles with the Help Desk after the trip.

-Rob

Dzof

Original Poster
Thanks a lot! We finally got it working with the first method you suggested (there were issues with the website but when we finally used the app, it works fine!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom