How did you come up with your username?

jw24

Original Poster
So here's something I've always wondered: How and why people choose the usernames that they have on this forum? I'm sure when you registered to be part of this great forum, some of you had a couple of interesting choices in mind but could only pick one. Others may have had one solid choice for a username and was going stick with it assuming no one else had it already. Or you had to do a second choice because the username you wanted was already taken. Anyway, what's your story behind your username? For me, it's simple but short. jw are the initials of my name and the 24 in my username is well, my favorite number. My username is also something I go by on other forums I'm a part of and I wouldn't want another username. How about you?

sweetpee_1993

When the hubby & I were getting married maaaaany moons ago we were very young & very broke. We did good just affording to buy wedding bands. As a big splurge we took each other's wedding bands to have our nicknames for each other engraved on the inside. My husband is quite possibly the worlds worst speller. He misspelled SweetPea on the form and wrote "sweetpee". So that's what's in my wedding band and its how we've spelled it ever since. 1993 is the year I met my husband and the year I got married. On many levels, I feel like MY life began that year so its noteworthy. ;)

PUSH

When the hubby & I were getting married maaaaany moons ago we were very young & very broke. We did good just affording to buy wedding bands. As a big splurge we took each other's wedding bands to have our nicknames for each other engraved on the inside. My husband is quite possibly the worlds worst speller. He misspelled SweetPea on the form and wrote "sweetpee". So that's what's in my wedding band and its how we've spelled it ever since. 1993 is the year I met my husband and the year I got married. On many levels, I feel like MY life began that year so its noteworthy. ;)

I've never noticed that "pea" was spelled wrong! I mean, I guess I noticed, it just never registered. And I know some pretty awful spellers, so I don't think your husband is the worst! :p

GenerationX

I've had mine since the old CompuServe days in the mid 90s. I've used it ever since on various sites.

I picked it at the time to be ironic. The movie Reality Bites had just been released, and all the talk on the news and in the papers was how our entire generation was comprised of directionless slackers. I never felt that description fit me.

I'm a big fan of late 70s - early 80s punk music, though, so that alternate meaning does fit.

And since I was born in Generation X's first year, I felt that made me an elder statesman of the generation. Thus, I could speak on behalf of all of us. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom