How are the crowds right now?

cls4016

We leave on Thursday and we've never been this time of year. We usually go in the first week of June or mid-October. Just curious how the crowds will be. Also just found out its Grad Nite on Fri and Sat, will that make a difference? Thanks for any input. :D

PintoColvig

It won't be dead but it won't be "summer" crowded either. It's a really good time of the year to visit crowd-wise and weather-wise. It will be warm but not unbearably hot. The Garden Festiva will be in full swing at Epcot. You shouldn't even notice Grad Night going on except that MK will close early on those nights.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

We got back Saturday from a week at WDW. The crowds were not as bad as we thought would be. We hit the parks early to ride the rides we had to get on and took advantage of the fastpasses when available. The crowds did thicken during the course of the day, but weren't as bad as we expected. The crowds should lessen for a couple of weeks before the summer season begins with Memorial Day.

The weather was great!! It was a bit breezy Sunday and Monday and we wore pants. The rest of the week it was warm (low 80's) and full of sunshine! We enjoyed it and wish we could go back now!! We had not been during this time of year either and loved it!!

Upvote 0

hokielutz

We got back Saturday from a week at WDW. The crowds were not as bad as we thought would be. We hit the parks early to ride the rides we had to get on and took advantage of the fastpasses when available. The crowds did thicken during the course of the day, but weren't as bad as we expected. The crowds should lessen for a couple of weeks before the summer season begins with Memorial Day.

The weather was great!! It was a bit breezy Sunday and Monday and we wore pants. The rest of the week it was warm (low 80's) and full of sunshine! We enjoyed it and wish we could go back now!! We had not been during this time of year either and loved it!!

Upcoming... this will be our 6th time at Disney during this milder part of Disney's schedule. Aside from early December, this is a great time to go and I hope you get to experience it again.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If i recall corrently.. Grad Nights forces lots of people who are there for a week to realize there's no fireworks on Fri/Sat and the park closes pretty early. The people in turn go the earlier day Thursday (the tend to travel on the weekend) and adding EMH into the mix, the MK "looks" appealing on paper to most tourists.

Upvote 0

ilovepluto23

I went Easter 2005 (which was the end of March/beginning of April), and I noticed Grad Nite was going on because they had a lot of teenagers with the same shirts on with their "Class of 2005" logos. They were very annoying. Try to find out what parks they will be at and avoid them. I know one day they'll go to Universal, so that day shouldn't be too bad.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Apparently this Thursday is supposed to be incredibly crowded... anyone know why? Pop Warner or something?

We are here now and MK was very crowded today....much more so than when we went to MK on Monday (April 23rd). There is something going on at Wide World of Sports with some Disney Channel stars, so maybe that is why. There are also TONS of high school kids in band shirts. We were here this same week (last week of April) last year and maybe it is my imagination, but all of the parks seem more crowded this time.....maybe it just seems that way to me because we also came the first week of this past December and I got spoiled from the low crowds!

Upvote 0

spaceghost

Just got back yesterday. Things this week definitely seemed less busy than last week, which makes sense as school vacations in many places in the northeast were last week. There was also some sort of Cheerleading tournament going on last weekend (plus Grad Nights) which all affected attendance. The only problem I'd see with Grad Nights is that it forces everyone to go to another park instead of the MK on those nights, so you could see things get busier in the other parks on those days. During the day, things might be less busy though as people pick other parks to go because they don't want to leave early. So, the MK might be a decent option on those days if you don't mind missing out on Wishes and Spectromagic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom