How Accurate are the Wait Times on MDE?

Newlife276

Original Poster
I'm headed to DW in just a few days and I've been watching the wait times via the My Disney Experience app to see how bad the waits are...

Do you know if the times posted are pretty accurate, real-time to the actual waits in the park?

Thanks!

Tom

Beta Return
I believe they're pulled right from the wait times shown on the signs and tip boards. As to how correct they are, they're just as correct as the wait times shown in the park.

They're going to be high this week....it's a major Spring Break week, leading up to Easter.

Newlife276

Original Poster
Perfect, thanks! I was curious if they pulled live from the in-park updates. It's good to know that they do & I think it will help when we're there decide where to move next.

We're not looking forward to the Easter crowds but I think with early EMH & planning to be flexible, we'll survive :)

docdebbi

they do indeed match the posted times, but my daughter tells me that when they were down in march, it was the first time she ever saw posted times off by so much. we assume it is because they are still trying to figure out how to calculate them with so many follks using FP+ now, but many were WAY off. it would say 15 min and be over an hour....... and this happened many times not just once or twice, we are used to times jumping after a show lets out of something, but this was crazy off....

Space Mountain

Wait times are 100% up to date with the specific attractions posted wait time. (Your wait still may differ if CMs are not updating the wait times effectively)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom