Hotel Room Keys and WDW in November

Rcoaster809

Hi, I have been coming to this site for over a year, but this is my first post! I love WDW, and I have only been there in the Summer. I am going ona trip with my high school band during Thanksgiving, and I have a few questions.

1. Weather-I have read other posts saying that it gets down to the 40s at night, but what is it during the day? I am from Pennsylvania, and am ok with cool temperatures. Would you recommend to pack both shorts and pants, or just pants?

2. Hotel Room Keys- Do these also serve as our park tickets? I am asking this b/c our chaperones will be collecting our room keys after we leave the hotel in the morning. I was wondering, b/c if they do also serve as a park ticket, I would not be able to get fastpasses.

3. Shopping- When shopping and having items delivered to my hotel room, is there an extra fee for this?

Thank you for all the information,
Nathan

TURKEY

Since you're going as a group, I don't know what type of tickets you will have, especially since you'll probally be going to places in a group.

Never been in November. Was there after Christmas. One day it was in the 80s, 2 days later in the 40's needing a heavy coat.

Just look at the weather about a week or so before you go. That should help. I'd plan on taking a nice jacket for evenings (especially around the water) and probally wearing pants.

I don't think there is an extra charge for shipping back to resort, but I have never used it.

Upvote 0

luvthemouse

ok...nov is my fav time to go to WDW....weather: it could be 80ish during the day and you sweat so that calls for shorts and t shirts....but then around 4pm it can get cold....like 50-60...sometimes even cooler (ive been there when its been 40) im from NJ so u and i have the same weather. Be warned....60 degrees in NY/NJ/PA in Nov feels completely different than Fla 60 degrees.....Floridas 60 degrees always feels cooler since u were so warm during the day. ur gonna want pants, t shirts, tank tops, shorts, a sweatshirt and a jacket. You will probably need all of those things in any combination. Bottom line....bring a big suitcase.

Tickets: im not sure if you will have the room key/ticket combo....my vote would be that you will have seperate tickets and keys....but ive never been with a group before so i dont kno for sure...

Shopping: there is no fee for delivery...it just takes a day or two to get to your room....you best bet is to have it held at the entrance to the park and pick it up on you way out to go back to your room....that only takes 2 hours.

A note on Thanksgiving.....be prepared for it to be crowded.....pretty popular time of year around The World....

Have a great time. :cool:

Upvote 0

RandeB

Originally from PA, and often a November WDW visitor, I'd have to disagree that Florida 60 degrees feels colder. With the high humidity it always feels warmer to us.

Upvote 0

Katherine

It can get pretty chilly in November at wdw. At night and in the evening it will be cold enough to wear alight jacket or sweater shirt. The plus side to this on cool night virually no line for splash mountain. The stuff you buy in the parks can be sent to your room for free it's a perk for staying on property, you are staying on property? Have a great time and welcome to the boards!

Upvote 0

disneydentist

You definitely want to check www.weatherchannel.com before you leave. We've been at WDW for Thanksgiving where the only time you needed a jacket was well after dark and we've been there other years at the same time where we wore jackets all day every day. Pretty neat to watch the steam come off the heated pools at the resort at night.

If your admissions are on your room keys then you won't be able to get Fastpass. That would b a bummer and I'd ask your group leader about it. At this time of year you really benefit from Fastpass.

As others have said, there is no fee for having items sent to your RESORT. They no longer go directly to your room. Just be very careful that you allow enough time or you'll be gone before they arrive. I'd carry any small, light, non-breakable items and have anything else sent to the front gate if you buy it 2-3 hours before you plan on leaving the park.

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
We have been there during Thanksgiving...and let me tell you...it was C O L D...so cold that double sweatshirts, gloves and hats were NOT enough to keep us warm....overcast skies and a stiff wind...it was terrible...and that was during the DAY!!!!

We were also there during Christmas and it was so cold, that they had to cover all the topiaries and heat them with propane heaters...to keep them from dieing. No pool time either trip...so it can be very unpredictable.

Just found out we are heading down there again in January...my husband has a conference..so we will tag along...(darn)...looked at the weather statistics and its highs in the lower 70's for that time of year....ugh....but hey!!! It beats ZERO where we are going to be coming from!!!!

Yes, you can have your packages sent to the hotel for free...they will leave you a voicemail when it arrives at the hotels gift shop and you have to bring your reciepts to pick them up. Just remember you cant use this service if your leaving within I thin 48 hours. It is the best service!! You can shop and buy your pictures etc..and not have to worry about carrying them around and having them get ruined.

Have a great time!!! enjoy....:wave:

Upvote 0

HebeJebe

I too have been visiting WDW at Thanksgiving since I did high school band performances there. When we went to the parks we were dressed in matching T-shirts to perform in and were told to stay in the outfit to be let into the park afterwards. So for us there were no tickets and that was way before Fast Pass.

I usually bring a pair of jeans I never wear and a sweatshirt or rain coat I pack and wear at night.

Upvote 0

Rcoaster809

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great feedback.

One moe question about the shopping issue. I just recieved a lot of info about the trip, and we are only allowed one checked bag and one carry-on. I am worried about souveniers, and Disney do anything like shipping packages to a guest's home? If they do, do you know of the cost?

Thanks again,
Nathan

P.S. Our band will be playing November 28th before the MK Parade.

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Rcoaster809
Thanks for all the great feedback.

One moe question about the shopping issue. I just recieved a lot of info about the trip, and we are only allowed one checked bag and one carry-on. I am worried about souveniers, and Disney do anything like shipping packages to a guest's home? If they do, do you know of the cost?

Thanks again,
Nathan

P.S. Our band will be playing November 28th before the MK Parade.

For large items they do offer shipping. Cost is determined by the size of the item purchased.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom