Hotel Restaurants

WDW-Imagineer

Contemporary - California Grill & Concourse Steakhouse. Both excellent restaurant (California Grill is easily on of the top 3 restaurants in WDW).

There is plenty more, but I only feel like listing a few.

Upvote 0

disneycentral

Any of the deluxe resorts have two or three great restaurants. It wouldn't matter which one you chose, they wouldn't disappoint you.

I personally think the best restaurants are in the Boardwalk area. Flying Fish, Spoodles, ESPN Club, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Cape May Cafe, plus all the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin, as well as those in the world showcase are within 10 minutes walking distance.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

I consider myself a DISNEY RESORTS Fan, so here are some of the tips I can give you:

Contemporary: Chef Mickey's- Excellent Character Dinning with music and buffet which is really great.
California Grill- Beautiful view of the MK, plus a very charming place to go with your couple.

Polynesian: Poly. luau Dinner Show- that's where I got my name. Excellent place if you like outdoor dinning and enjoy a very nice show with fire and acrobatics.

Boardwalk: Spoodles - fine pizza and pasta with italian style. Delicious.

Coronado Springs: Pepper Market- the "most" perfect theme for a restaurant I've seen. It looks like a mexican market where you can get from hamburguers to quesadillas. Really original.

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

riess424

Original Poster
Yes, I thought the Coronado foodcourt was all right, but I have eaten at better foodcourts such as the Port Orleans.

The California Grill is very expensive though.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

only problem I have with Pepper Market is the line to get in and the tipping...I'd rather seat myself and throw my own food out and not have to pay the tip--you know it doesn't go to the people seating you anyway. I'm going to the Polynesian Luau during my trip in 33 days!:) I haven't been to the luau since I was like 12...
Kyle

Upvote 0

theduchess

Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian is unforgettable. Very pricey, but you have to get the wine pairing. We went on our honeymoon and are planning to go again for our fifth. Our last visit was with out two year old, so we skipped it last trip.
Well worth the $ for the experience.:king:

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
You should be aware, however, that most of the places these other folks have mentioned will most likely require you to take out a bank loan before you can eat there.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

:) I find it hard to believe there are people who can eat at these places every meal for a week...if I could afford ONE meal at one of these places...I'd put it in my imaginary Cornell fund...acceptance letters come out 1 month from today...~shivers~
Kyle

Upvote 0

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DogsRule!
:) I find it hard to believe there are people who can eat at these places every meal for a week...if I could afford ONE meal at one of these places...I'd put it in my imaginary Cornell fund...acceptance letters come out 1 month from today...~shivers~
Kyle

I hear you, my brother. LOL. It's not enough that in most cases you're already charged and arm and a leg just to stay in one of their resorts, but they have to squeeze you for every cent just to eat there too? Personally, I could see getting a decent breakfast and dinner at one of the better restaurants a couple times. But other than that, I'd be heading towards the counter service places for my meals. Of course, I'd do that too because you'd spend more time in a sit-down restaurant which takes away time you would spend in the parks or on rides. I'm not saying nobody shouldn't eat in the better restaurants if they can afford it, but I just don't see how people could eat there all week long.

Upvote 0

tnkrbell

My favorites are Cape May at Beach club-Great buffet lots of choices.
Espn at boardwalk not too expensive and just good old regular food (ex-hamburgers,finger food ect..)

Upvote 0

disneycentral

:) I find it hard to believe there are people who can eat at these places every meal for a week..

You have to remember, there are many people who don't go to WDW for the rides, they go there to stay at the resorts, eat at the restaurants and then visit the parks. Disney offers some of the finest restaurants in Florida, some are even rated as some of the best in the entire USA. So, why not enjoy them.

For me, my wife and I have five kids. We have to stay in a three bedroom at OKW. We buy annual passes and go twice within twelve months. (We are members of DVC, so the room isn't as expensive as you would think.) So our trip with air, car rental, room costs and park passes average out to about $5,000 per trip. We eat breakfast in our rooms most days, and eat lunch at an inexpensive counter restaurant. ( I know, inexpensive and WDW are oxymorons, don't hassle me about it! ) But for dinner, we hit a nice restaurant. Kids meals run $5 or under at all restaurants, so it doesn't matter where we go, their cost is always the same. So in the end, it may cost us $300 more if we go to Spoodles and Flying Fish every night rather than the fish counter in England. The extra $300 is worth the enjoyment we get from the nice restaurants, and is small in comparison with the cost of our entire trip.

Upvote 0

CottonBlossom

My favorite dinner was at Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. The food was excellent and plenty. It is not cheap, but not as pricey as the California Grill. A dinner for 2 (including drinks, appetizers and dessert) cost around $80 + tip. I really felt like I got my money's worth. You can also view the MK fireworks while you eat here.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

I loved Ariel's (at the Disney Beach). Why the name-change? I don't know, it was fine the way it was.

Kyle, hope you like the new stuff at the LUAU COVE, I envy you right now, I really don't know if I'll be able to go until March, maybe April or later, too...
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Dumbo Deprived

I wish they'd bring back the Chateau Briand for two at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. We enjoy eating a nice meal there.

For a more regular meal at a resort then I'd say, gosh that's difficult. Most are expensive unless you split your entree. My husband and I often will do that and then either share appetizers and desserts or each have our own dessert or whatever depending on our appetites. We like Artist Point a lot at the Wilderness Lodge, too.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

new stuff at the Luau?
Kyle

Yes, it is not the same it was , say, 10 years ago. I don't really know how old you are , so I can't tell if you got to see the new details at the Luau Cove. The show slightly changed with some additions, while the menu variety expanded. I don't want to spoil anything else. So go and see it!
-->LUAU

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom