Hotel Hopping

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
Hello All -

I have a trip planned in roughly 33 Days and finally this trip, I think there will be one day Park-Free and will just be a Hotel Hopping Day.

Besides the Polynesian and Trader Sams, what other hotels are a must see? Any specific thing to see? I've been to PFFQ and Poly, what else is out there??

Thanks in advance!!

Mrhappyplace

While I've yet to visit every resort all the ones I have were worth seeing. As far as a must see list goes I'd rank them in order as

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge
Epcot resorts (Yacht Club, Beach Club & Boardwalk)
Monorail resorts (Poly & GF)

If one wanted to plan a full day resort hopping I think you could do all four of these spending 1 or 2 hours at each or longer if you are enjoying one considerably. Plenty of food options at most to grab a bite during the day too.

Epcot82Guy

I typically add a "resort" day to my trip. Some recommendations:

1. Take the boat from MK entrance around to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. It's a nice boat ride. And, Wilderness Lodge is amazing - especially if you can get there around sunset. The boat lands in Bay Lake. Watching the sunset from there with the geyser is awesome.

2. Grab a glass of wine at California Grill. No reservations needed, and the view is amazing.

3. Take the boat from DTD to POR or reverse. It's a nice ride, and you can see both Port Orleans hotels from a nice vantage point. Also see if YeeHaw Bob is playing at Riverside. He's a lot of fun!

4. Add another vote for AKL. It's amazing! The Victoria Falls Lounge and Cape Town Wine Bar (in Jiko) are a nice option if you don't want to spend a whole meal at the resort.

5. I love Swan and Dolphin as well. Really fun, whimsical decor. And, blueZoo, Kimonos and il Mulino are great for a bite or a cocktail. You can also grab a drink at Cabana Bar and sit by their pool area. While technically for guests, it's usually pretty quiet at night. So, they don't make a big deal of it (especially if you are buying something). There's also a really nice courtyard outside of Il Mulino. They'll let you take your drinks out there.

Dafid Duck

In the beginning of November (maybe the 4th or so) they will begin putting up Christmas decorations. At that point, all deluxes are worth seeing. One day it is fall, the next day it is Christmas. I've always wanted to go during that switch over. You will have a wonderful time.

Disnee4Me

Hello All -

I have a trip planned in roughly 33 Days and finally this trip, I think there will be one day Park-Free and will just be a Hotel Hopping Day.

Besides the Polynesian and Trader Sams, what other hotels are a must see? Any specific thing to see? I've been to PFFQ and Poly, what else is out there??

Thanks in advance!!
We plan on doing this when we are there in December --- great way to see all the Christmas Decorations!! Somewhere there is a link of how to best get from park to park via Disney transportation (or on your own). If I dig it up, i'll let you know. After all, we people from CT gotta look out for each other ... LOL

DManRightHere

I'll add if you' e never seen boardwalk at night, it is nice to see. I would also plan that day for DS.

Other things I've wanted to do is watch wishes from one of the beaches, eat at beaches and cream, play mini golf.

Last trip we went and saw AoA and ate dinner. It was cool to see.

CtDisneyGuy33

Original Poster
WOW- Thank you everyone for your responses!! I am super excited to check out a bunch of the places I've never been to!

Weird, but I'm actually looking forward to this day possibly more than any other on this trip

Thank you!!

CJLove79

How about ALL of them!!!!!????? LOL. Believe it or not, it can be done, I've seen it done on YouTube and some relatives and friends of mines have done it too. It'll take some planning as far as maximizing your time and transportation usages but its very possible. Let's be real here, all the Disney resorts offer great theming and very unique experiences you can only get on Disney property. Its really all a matter of preference, so that's why I suggest seeing all of them.....IF possible. :)

DisneyJunkie

I'd definitely take in a tour of:

Contemporary
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Boardwalk
Wilderness Lodge
Art of Animation
and....(though highly overrated) Animal Kingdom Lodge

slappy magoo

Will you have your own transportation, or relying on Disney's?

If using Disney transportation, where will you be staying?

I ask because, while lots of resorts are worth checking out, some are easier to get to than others, especially if you don't have a car or cab. So it might make sense to clump resorts together. For example, you could take a bus to the Studios, then walk or boat to the Epcot area resorts and spend some time in all of them as they're all walking distance to each other. Or bus to MK in the morning, walk or monorail to Contemporary, at least take in the 4th floor mural, then from there boat to Fort Wilderness, walk or shuttle to WL, then boat back to Contemporary, use the monorail to explore Poly & GF, then go back to MK's bus stop to travel to AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom