Hotel Age Limit?

TDF

Original Poster
Thinking of going with a Friend to Disney and staying overnight. Is there an age limit to book. Can 2 twenty year olds book a room and stay? I read mixed things online and when I go to mock book one it doesn't give me any problems but I don't wanna get there and they be like... nah you can't stay.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Thinking of going with a Friend to Disney and staying overnight. Is there an age limit to book. Can 2 twenty year olds book a room and stay? I read mixed things online and when I go to mock book one it doesn't give me any problems but I don't wanna get there and they be like... nah you can't stay.
We we went we were 20 and booked with no problem it was only the rental cars that gave us a problem.

TDF

Original Poster
We we went we were 20 and booked with no problem it was only the rental cars that gave us a problem.

Ugh... that is a second problem I have. Thinking of using EZ but not sure based on some reviews I read. DME could solve that though... not sure yet.

totaldisneygirl

I went when I was 18 with five friends and we had no problems! Rental cars could be an issue because most companies don't let you rent until you're 21!

StarWarsGirl

I went last year with a friend, and we were 18. No problem.

At Universal, you have to be 21, and at certain other hotels, you'd need to be 21, but at WDW resorts, 18 is the minimum age.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Disney allows you to book at 18. Most rental car companies want you to be 21. Also keep in mind that if you do rent a car that many want you to use a credit card and will not take a debit card. Alamo is one of them that will not take a debit card

Pam

SamandChel

In NY it's 21 to rent a hotel room but I think in FL its only 18. Just ask reservations when you call. Then you have no worries.

BuddyThomas

I went last year with a friend, and we were 18. No problem.

At Universal, you have to be 21, and at certain other hotels, you'd need to be 21, but at WDW resorts, 18 is the minimum age.
Do you know for a fact that you have to be 21 at Universal resorts? Not being snarky, but if that is true I would be baffled as to why. Do they now have vodka flowing freely out of the bathroom sink? Of course, if they do, I'm booking a trip there tomorrow.

StarWarsGirl

Do you know for a fact that you have to be 21 at Universal resorts? Not being snarky, but if that is true I would be baffled as to why. Do they now have vodka flowing freely out of the bathroom sink? Of course, if they do, I'm booking a trip there tomorrow.
I took a trip with a friend last year when we were both 18. 9 days. We were thinking about possibly doing a few days at Uni, and we would have wanted to stay on site, for multiple reasons. We found out that we wouldn't be allowed to stay on site over there but were allowed to stay on site. I'm baffled by it now, as if I were to go with my parents, we would have to pay an extra adult fee (we looked into doing a few days at Uni during another trip last year) but I cannot book a room on my own because I'm not 21.

Here is a screenshot of their hotel policies
image.jpg

BuddyThomas

I took a trip with a friend last year when we were both 18. 9 days. We were thinking about possibly doing a few days at Uni, and we would have wanted to stay on site, for multiple reasons. We found out that we wouldn't be allowed to stay on site over there but were allowed to stay on site. I'm baffled by it now, as if I were to go with my parents, we would have to pay an extra adult fee (we looked into doing a few days at Uni during another trip last year) but I cannot book a room on my own because I'm not 21.

Here is a screenshot of their hotel policies
View attachment 78945
Wow, what a ridiculous rule. So I wonder of they would enforce it if some teen or young adult star wanted to come. You know, like Lourde or however you spell her name. I can almost guarantee that she'd be allowed to book a room.

StarWarsGirl

Wow, what a ridiculous rule. So I wonder of they would enforce it if some teen or young adult star wanted to come. You know, like Lourde or however you spell her name. I can almost guarantee that she'd be allowed to book a room.
I mean, I'm sure that it's a very small percentage of us between 18 and 21 that are able to go on a trip to WDW or Uni just ourselves, but regardless, there are those of us who are able to go just ourselves. Uni having that policy meant that we spent the entire time at WDW. Universal lost our business.

TDF

Original Poster
Well we didn't end up going but I figured this was good to know for anyone and maybe in the future. The age rules in the US are pretty much made up. You know like that meme or commercial or something where they say the rules don't matter and the points are made up... we in the US follow that to a "t".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom