hopper passes

lkubinec

Original Poster
Last October our family purchased 6 day hopper passes which included an additional 3 days at either the water parks or Pleasure Island. Our family only used 1 of the 3 extra water park days. My question is... My daughter who was nine is now 10. Are we able to use her pass even though the pass was for a child? If yes do we have to exchange the pass for another and where do you make the upgrade? Any help would be much appreciated.:D :sohappy:

FormerCM

how would they know she's 10 unless you tell them???

When working for disney I show many people passing their kids off as younger.,

billybaruch1

Originally posted by FormerCM
how would they know she's 10 unless you tell them???

When working for disney I show many people passing their kids off as younger.,

How did you know the people were "passing their kids off as younger?" :lol: If you had their birthdates on file, did you just let it slide? :brick:

DisneyPhD

Yes passes that were bought for then children who are now adults (or just over 10) can be used. Talk to guest relations and they will upgrade the passes for you.

(I remember reading this last year and it is the kind of info that is good to remember.)

Good luck.

It almost seems like a good plan to buy a pass for children and save it until they get older, but kinda risky.

Pioneer Hall

Disney will not ask, especially if you are going in at a peak time. When we get to the gate one person just gives out tickets. Some times the adults get a child ticket and vice versa and we have never had a problem. Her difference in appearance from nine to ten is probably not much and even if it is...you have no real reason to upgrade her pass. They won't bother you about it.

billybaruch1

It seems reasonable that passes and plusses that NEVER EXPIRE could be upgraded for free from a child's to an adult's. It does raise some questions, although I don't see any risk to the downside for the parent purchasing the PHP passes. For example, why wouldn't everyone with young children buy a slew of tickets at the child's price and just wait for them to mature? (Sort of like cashing in a bond. Ha!) :lol:

Maybe someone has some definitive information on this. Or, as DisneyInsider says, it's a "don't ask, don't tell" situation and not even a minor priority for the CMs.

By the way, lkubinec, welcome to the boards from another newcomer. :wave:

FormerCM

I think this is pretty simple go to the gate use them. If they give you a problem then deal with it at guest services. Why stress over things that you may not have to deal with.

billybaruch1

The Slacker Shoplifter's Credo

Originally posted by FormerCM
I think this is pretty simple go to the gate use them. If they give you a problem then deal with it at guest services. Why stress over things that you may not have to deal with.

Since you - a friend I've never met - may be a former CM at WDW, I hope you've gone on to find something in your life to "stress over." It's ironic but you may be happier when you do. :cool: A lot of good people like to know they're doing the right thing regardless of whether, and before, someone gives them a problem.

alrcam

We went to WDW in April this year and my son had a pass from 1995 which still had one day on it. We bought it when he was 8( it was one of the passes with the photo on it). He is now 16 so we took it to the ticket window and they issued a new one day hopper ticket.
My son asked the CM at the ticket window if he could have the old ticket back as a keepsake. The lady said that she would have to retain it but if we supplied our address that they would send it on to us once they had completed their paperwork.
True to form the ticket ws returned to us when we got home to Scotland.

Well done Disney

Only 385 days till trip no 6

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom