Hoop Dee Doo Review Vs. Luau

Hello Everyone!

Okay, I need to know this!

Of all the trips to WDW that I have gone to, I have NEVER been to either dinner show. I am going next month, and want to know which one is reccomended?

1.) Hoop dee doo review
2.) Polynesian Luau

Please try to give me some details on both shows!!

And which one you reccomend!!

Thanks,
GFD

DisneyFreak

Oh man, you're going to make me choose? Everytime I go I have to see both. They have some of the best food and best entertainment in WDW.

Are you going with kids? If so, then I would choose HDDR. If not then it's still a toss up but either one you go to go to the later showing.

If you like polynesian dancing and beautiful women in grass skirts then choose the Luau. If you like more of a comedy show with lots of interaction then go see HDDR.

This is a tough decision. My honest suggestion is if you can manage both see both. You won't regret either one.

I bet I've just been a load of help. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Lance

I attended the Luau in 1989, when I was 7, so I don't remember much, but everytime we are in WDW, my mother says it was so-so and wasn't worth the money, she says it's a one time thing.

I attended the HDDR in 1992, and do remeber the show was pretty good, and they gave us all-you-can eat buckets of fried chicken, so I was all up for that. We only went to the show because my aunt and unlce got us in for free and we were staying in the vip fleetwood in FW.

Plus, when I was in Fort Wilderness this past august, I walked past Pioneer Hall and noticed the HDDR was 50 bucks a person. That's a little pricey for me. I say go to a buffet and entertain yourself.

But for a first timer, they are both good to see. These are my personal opinions, but overall I would recommend the Hoop Dee-Doo Revue.

Upvote 0

Maria

I never had the chance of going to the HDDR.. my schedule mnever worked out when my friends went... they all said it was great!

I did go to the Luau, had fun, but wouldn´t do it again. The show was good, but the service and the food were terrible. The food was very limited, and the waiters were not that nice... I know the service could have changed from that only time I went, but I wonder if the menu has changed too... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Smee

Only been to HDD, it was a real good show, maybe the best all around stage show I've seen at WDW. Really talented CMs. Good for kids of all ages.

The ticket price is a little steep, so it may be one of those things you only ever do once.

Upvote 0

Ariel

I've been to the luau about 5 times now. I absolutely love it!! I would go every year we visit there. The entertainment is wonderful and I have always enjoyed the food. Some of the dancers are really good and the fashion part of it is very cool. It's a lot of fun because they do have audience participation as well. If it's a nice night out it's especially good. And when you leave, you can walk along the beach and get a gorgeous view of the Floridian, Contemporary and the castle. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom